Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #31
PaperClip
:3

PaperClip has decent reputation
Default Re: NBA Draft Combine Athletic results posted

Griffin
PaperClip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #32
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxed
I'm surprised at this...Tyler Hansborough and Blake are almost identical.

Max Vert
Blake 35.5
Tyler 34.0

Bench Press
Blake 22
Tyler 18

Lane Agility
Blake 10.95
Tyler 11.12

3/4 Sprint
Blake 3.28
Tyler 3.27

Standing Reach
Blake 8'9
Tyler 8'10.5

Height W/O shoes
Blake 6'8.5"
Tyler 6'8.25

Weight
Blake 248
Tyler 234

Body Fat
Blake 8.2
Tyler 8.5

If they are so close athletically, with Blake only having a negligable advantage, does that fact that Tyler is more skilled mean we aren't giving him enough credit?

Wow if those numbers are true, that makes me go . I think whatever team lands Hansbourgh will have a solid back up power forward. Cleveland should think about drafting him if he's still available. He's slotted as low as 26th.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #33
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

The guy that jumps out to be is James Harden.

People said he was undersized but he tested out a solid 6'5".

People said he was unathletic but he put up very nice testing numbers.

Could he be this year's Brandon Roy?
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:26 AM   #34
Durant35
Banned

Durant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this boardDurant35 is popular on this board

I hope the Cavs will draft Tyler Hansbrough in the First Round. Beside being an athletic Power Forward. He has a very solid fundamental basketball skills.

And Rodrigue Beaubois is a freak of Nature. This kid might end up as the next best French player in the NBA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbcchx0ipwA
Durant35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #35
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durant35
I hope the Cavs will draft Tyler Hansbrough in the First Round. Beside being an athletic Power Forward. He has a very solid fundamental basketball skills.

And Rodrigue Beaubois is a freak of Nature. This kid might end up as the next best French player in the NBA.

Greatest Highlight Tape Ever!!!

From the highlight and his stats it looks like hes an undersized SG or an off ball PG, his shot is pure from outside.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #36
PleezeBelieve
Jay-A: Thats MR To You

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durant35

If Budingder drops, I think I like him at #28. He probably wont last, but he fits the athletic wing they need.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #37
PleezeBelieve

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
The guy that jumps out to be is James Harden.

People said he was undersized but he tested out a solid 6'5".

People said he was unathletic but he put up very nice testing numbers.

Could he be this year's Brandon Roy?
WTF?

Harden the real standout?

Ahhh, no. Dude max ceilng is Michael Redd. LMAO @ you comparing him to Roy.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:08 AM   #38
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
WTF?

Harden the real standout?

Ahhh, no. Dude max ceilng is Michael Redd. LMAO @ you comparing him to Roy.

SMFH.

Take your ban kid, you're oviously younger than 14.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #39
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
SMFH.

Take your ban kid, you're oviously younger than 14.
Harden is 6'4 w/o shoes, barely 6'5 in them.

What's so standout about that for a SG? Courtney Lee is the same size and is already being called 'undersized' going into the Finals checking Kobe.

Roy is 6'5 w/o shoes.

Redd is the same, probably closer to 6'6 tho.

His explosiveness off the dribble is suspect. Release is slow and his shot starts at his hip.

He's not a top-10 value in my draft.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #40
Efunk7
Serious playground baller

Efunk7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

What's so standout about that for a SG? Courtney Lee is the same size and is already being called 'undersized' going into the Finals checking Kobe.

Roy is 6'5 w/o shoes.

His explosiveness off the dribble is suspect. Release is slow and his shot starts at his hip.

this part i agree with...
Efunk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #41
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is my first time looking at a sheet of draft prospects' official data; very interesting. I must say, I used to be ashamed of my 29.5 no step vert but this page made me feel pretty good about myself.

My question for you guys though (and I may have missed this on the page) but what is the bench weight that each player must lift? I thought someone mentioned it might have been 185 lbs. Is that on track?
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #42
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Hansbrough reminds me in many ways of David West.

Guy had a ridiculously good college career, for some reason has got lumped with the "unathletic" label(Because he is white in Hansbrough's case) and as a result all his production, skills and intangibles just get thrown out the door.

Assuming the right team gets him and gives him a shot, Hansbrough has every skill and physical/mental trait to be a very good 2nd option on a good team.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #43
Interminator
Banned

Quote:

Roy is 6'5 w/o shoes.

When did NBA players play without shoes?

Using height w/o shoes is the dumbest excuse to knock a player for height I have ever seen.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #44
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Using height w/o shoes is the dumbest excuse to knock a player for height I have ever seen.

Height without shoes is just a way of putting everyone on the same level height wise. Shoes can vary, standing flat footed is the same for anyone.

Never liked height as a measure for the NBA, reach is much better but still a bit limited. I mean you do literally nothing with the top of your head.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #45
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

jlawdrummer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Wasn't Griffin supposed to be far stronger, athletic and quicker then Beasley?

Bench: 18-22 in favor of Griffin
Max Vert: Equal
Agility: 10.94 to 11.06 in favor of Griffin
3/4 sprint: 3.24 to 3.28 in favor of Beasley
Reach: 8'11 to 8'9 in favor of Beasley
Wingspan: 7'0 to 6'11 in favor of Beasley
Reach: 8'11 to 8'9 in favor of Beasley

Where is he better? The things he is better in is so minute that it may vary if there were more goes or depending on how the player felt that day. Not to mention Beasley did this test while a year younger then Griffin. So his results after NBA training would not only beat the ones he put up as a rookie in the draft.

Something else to note about all of the measurements from this year. The measurements were done in the morning, for whatever reason. They are almost always done later in the afternoon/evening in the other years. A lot of guys this year measured out a good .5 inch taller than they would have last year. Half an inch isn't a HUGE deal, but it widens the gap in some of the comps from this years class compared to the last few years.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: