Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-02-2009, 09:21 PM   #1
Whiteness
Banned

Whiteness has no real reputation yet.
Default Psych-ed?

I'm wondering what changes psychologically when someone shoots a three pointer. I have a severe issue with my shooting and it's not a physical problem. It's a making the basket problem. I will rain the mid-range shot all day, but when I back up 3 feet and I'm even just behind the line I can't make shots consistently at all. It may just be the fact that it's a difficult shot, but I can barely make 1 out of 10 shots (believe me I've counted). I'm starting to think it's my vision. Anyone else out there rocking 20/25 or worse?
Whiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Psych-ed?

Nah not me. I have that Kobe mentality, I get mad when the ball doesnt go in. I have 15/20 vision and you just have to have confidence.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
gblz
I airball my layups

gblz has an OK reputation so far

It's probably not a vision thing. Start from your spot, then keep backing up slowly. Maybe shoot 10 or 15, then move back a couple of inches. A lot of it has to do with confidence.

For me, using more legs combined with a faster release works well.
gblz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
Whiteness
Banned

I can tell you it's not my legs and feet... That was like the first thing I thought of... I hang in the air a good bit on my mid-range, and I hang longer for the three, so that adjustment is there... I think it may be the confidence thing... I've always said and believed: "Man, I can't shoot 3's" and "I rain the mid-range"... and not coincidentally, I can't shoot 3's and I rain the mid-range So, I'll try this tomorrow and update.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

its all in your head. the second you stop thinking about this problem it will go away.

i cant read anything on a computer screen from 5 feet away but im wet on the court.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:45 AM   #6
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

For me I'm better from 3 than I am midrange. I tend to short arm the ball instead of shooting a regular smooth jumper like I do from 3. I also have a higher percentage about 1.5 to 2 feet behind the line than I do right in front of the 3pt line.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:03 AM   #7
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

definitely not your vision, lol ..

my eyes are so bad like you wouldn't believe, but i'd drop 3s like they were layups..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #8
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

you need to find out what you are doing wrong immediatly after you shot the ball.

a great shooting lesson: helped me out a LOT!
seriously im not joking WATCH THIS VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMfTs...eature=related

and keep your head up, dont let those shots f uck you up. keep shooting em, think positive, and just keep shooting.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #9
Whiteness
Banned

Definitely noticed a change when shooting with confidence... and that video... I can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow and start correcting my jumpshot... Great link
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: