Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
I actually think of kidd being a black guy.

Im not saying that race matters in whether or not your good or not. But I do think that perceptions change based on the color of your skin. If oden, griffin, durant, beasley, or rose where white, I dont think they would of been drafted as high. Hansbrough has straight up destroyed the college game at every possible angle. No one has sustained this type of domination for their entire college career in a long time. In the last three drafts out of the top five picks only two players come to mind that actually had a good college pedigree of success. Al horford and Shelden Williams, maybe you could say adam morrison( but I wouldnt). But those guys got the respect they deserved. Horford look to have alot of potential and he was dominant. But you can't tell me that shelden williams deserved to be a much higher pick over Hansbrough.

Your race argument is so weak its not even funny. All those guys would have gone HIGH if they were white. You act like its uncommon for white guys to be drafted high.

Tyler Hansborough skin color has nothing to do with where he will be projected. Its about his game, his limitations as a basketball player when you project his transition to the NBA. Its really THAT simple. Playing the race card is weak and this if so and so were white they wouldnt go as high is bogus.

If BJ Mullens didnt bomb his freshman season he would have gone much higher. But I guess if he were black and had the season he did he would go high regardless right?

You're really offbase here. And Blake is biracial so that destroys this whole if he were white thing.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:35 AM   #17
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Your race argument is so weak its not even funny. All those guys would have gone HIGH if they were white. You act like its uncommon for white guys to be drafted high.

Tyler Hansborough skin color has nothing to do with where he will be projected. Its about his game, his limitations as a basketball player when you project his transition to the NBA. Its really THAT simple. Playing the race card is weak and this if so and so were white they wouldnt go as high is bogus.

If BJ Mullens didnt bomb his freshman season he would have gone much higher. But I guess if he were black and had the season he did he would go high regardless right?

You're really offbase here. And Blake is biracial so that destroys this whole if he were white thing.

Griffin is biracial, but so is kidd and bibby. Which you just said were both black, right?

What about marvin williams? He had an average freshman year but he went second in the draft solely based off potential. Mullen's numbers are compareable to williams as well. He played less minutes than williams but was only a few points lower per game and one board lower per game.

This is a pointless argument man. Its just gonna keep going back and forth. I am obviously not making any sense to you. And thats cool maybe I am not explaining myself right.

It dosent really matter. I have lost my steam for this topic. Good debating with ya.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #18
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Ty's measurables were actually unimpressive. His play in college also has to be put into perspective. Ty played during one of the weakest eras in the history of college basketball, and is the product of one of the weakest high school classes that most scouts have ever evaluated. A 28'' no step vert is not impressive. He was average in other respects of the combine, which is actually not a good guage of basketball athleticism anyway. Outside of the no step vert, the things measured at the combine tend to be discarded by teams.

And Jailer, Kidd, Griffin, and Bibby are Black. Bibby is actually not biracial at all. Both his parents are just light Black people.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:25 AM   #19
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

im not surprised by it at all, actually on ish there isn't too many tyler haters, i would say its about 35-65, other people were writing him off every where but not that much on ish, shows ish has more knowledgable heads then anywhere else!

i hope pax and gar gets the psycho TEE!
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #20
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
The labels white and black only make sense as a description of skin color, and his skin is white, thus he is white.

Or do you consider Jason Kidd a black guy as well ?
then you are dumb. Its the one drop rule (which was law in almost all states with pre-WWII black populations). If you have african ancestry, in the US, you are black. Do you consider tay prince white? Black and white are culturally loaded terms that mean much more than just skin color.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:40 PM   #21
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Ty's measurables were actually unimpressive. His play in college also has to be put into perspective. Ty played during one of the weakest eras in the history of college basketball, and is the product of one of the weakest high school classes that most scouts have ever evaluated. A 28'' no step vert is not impressive. He was average in other respects of the combine, which is actually not a good guage of basketball athleticism anyway. Outside of the no step vert, the things measured at the combine tend to be discarded by teams.

And Jailer, Kidd, Griffin, and Bibby are Black. Bibby is actually not biracial at all. Both his parents are just light Black people.
methinks you mean high yeller.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
-Tyler Hansbrough’s no step vertical leap of 28” is a pretty good indication of why he tends to have his shot blocked at the rim quite often.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #23
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

except for me im never wrong!
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #24
Basketball_Guru
I airball my layups

Darko was a #2 pick and he is white..and Andrea Bargnani was white (i know 1 is italian and the other one (darko) is like serbian or somethin who cares but hes white)..Joe alexander is white and he was the 8th pick last year..adam morrison was the 3rd pick and j,j reddick was white and he was thr 9th pick..what the heck is your point??
Basketball_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #25
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball_Guru
Darko was a #2 pick and he is white..and Andrea Bargnani was white (i know 1 is italian and the other one (darko) is like serbian or somethin who cares but hes white)..Joe alexander is white and he was the 8th pick last year..adam morrison was the 3rd pick and j,j reddick was white and he was thr 9th pick..what the heck is your point??

J.J. was picked 11th. I also already brought up morrison, I said he was kinda comparable to tyler in terms of a having a great season before the draft. And I am talking about american players not white players from around the world.

But I honestly had'nt thought about alexander. He was taken at a high level as well and had'nt really proved to be that great in college. I guess hansbrough just looks as though he has no potential to get better.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
I guess hansbrough just looks as though he has no potential to get better.

And thats it. Tyler Hansborough is a beast in college and when its all said and done he'll be remembered in that regard for what he did. You cant deny or take it away no matter if you dislike the dude. Bt when you look at his game, skillz and place it in the NBA? You dont see the stud. If anything while people may claim he gets hated on too much the general consensus here atleast is he'll be a solid, productive bench player. Which isnt bad. There are places in the NBA for guys like him. If anything Tyler would benefit better from going late first round/early 2nd because expectations and attention are lessened.

Imagine Tyler going at 27th first round and being a solid bench player.
Iagine Tyler going 6th overall first round and being a solid bench player.

The criticism would be vastly different.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #27
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

I stand by my Corliss Williamson comparison.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #28
jailer
MillionDollarException

To tell you the truth I think tyler hansbrough and paul milsap's games are alot alike. They are both grinders not afraid to do the dirty work.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #29
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
then you are dumb. Its the one drop rule (which was law in almost all states with pre-WWII black populations). If you have african ancestry, in the US, you are black. Do you consider tay prince white? Black and white are culturally loaded terms that mean much more than just skin color.

Everyone in the US has African ancestry, everyone on all the other continents too, its only a matter of how far back.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:06 AM   #30
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Everyone in the US has African ancestry, everyone on all the other continents too, its only a matter of how far back.

Very true
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: