Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #31
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!
 
CelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rose+Kirk=Verfechters!
Posts: 1,277
CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
If I offend anyone talking about race I apologize. That is not my intention. Race is a very sketchy topic. I in no way am trying to say one race of people is better than the next. I simply am stating my opinion about how being from certain backgrounds can help you status.


On another note this is chad ford's latest column about the draft. Hansbrough is his key topic. And how he was wrong for doubting him.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...ftWatch-090604


Don't ever apologize for talking about race for what you said, you have not said anything you shouldn't have. ISH is a cess-pool of racism, xenophobia, homophobia, lack of respect for women, etc.

Just last week there was a thread about some female reporter from ESPN and the whole focus of the thread was; "how many NBA ***** do you think she has sucked?" Are you freaking kidding me? No wonder the guys around here only get girls in a thread about "rate this chicks rack." Do these idiots really think there are no women that like basketball?

Why would any women post here if that is all they will ever be to the guys on ISH? I like women too, but maybe I like them enough to just talk with them as human beings when on a basketball site. What a concept huh? But I understand. It's not like there is any porn on the internet or anywhere else where you can "rate this girl from one to ten."

Probably 90% of the black dudes on this site are really angry and hateful. It is often so blatant that someone like KG5MVP will say something like; "without a 3-point shot there would be no white people in the NBA." Then when someone gets mad the dude actually said "yo, why did yall need to turn my thread into a race thing?" Wow. You are practically some kind of genius when it comes to being stupid dude.

To be fair, most of the white kids on this site have zero pride. Sometimes they are the ones, (or the worst of the bunch) when it comes to stirring the pot. Thirty or more years ago the same white kids crapping on themselves here at this site probably would have hated black people.
That isn't considered acceptable anymore so now the white kids replace their targets with "homo's" and "foreigners" instead.

The racism against black folks was stupid enough, but this shift into xenophobia and homophobia is just as pathetic. The homophobia is "justified" as some religious right and the xenophobia defended as patriotism. The things I read around here as supposed patriotism is nothing more than ignorance and narcissism wrapped in a flag. ISH is filthy!

Anyway...Any black player that put up Tyler's college numbers would be a God by now. As it is currently he is just guilty until proven innocent by a jury of his most hostile enemies. Every good thing he does will be considered merely ok, and any small mistakes will be labeled as a huge error.

Tyler could out-run Usain Bolt and these losers would tell you he doesn't know enough Biggie and 2Pac lyrics to make anything of himself in the NBA. Yeah and he will probably never have the right tattoos or enough street cred either fill-out some teams rotation of big-men too. Yeah sure.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #32
jailer
MillionDollarException
 
jailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,405
jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Don't ever apologize for talking about race for what you said, you have not said anything you shouldn't have. ISH is a cess-pool of racism, xenophobia, homophobia, lack of respect for women, etc.

Just last week there was a thread about some female reporter from ESPN and the whole focus of the thread was; "how many NBA ***** do you think she has sucked?" Are you freaking kidding me? No wonder the guys around here only get girls in a thread about "rate this chicks rack." Do these idiots really think there are no women that like basketball?

Why would any women post here if that is all they will ever be to the guys on ISH? I like women too, but maybe I like them enough to just talk with them as human beings when on a basketball site. What a concept huh? But I understand. It's not like there is any porn on the internet or anywhere else where you can "rate this girl from one to ten."

Probably 90% of the black dudes on this site are really angry and hateful. It is often so blatant that someone like KG5MVP will say something like; "without a 3-point shot there would be no white people in the NBA." Then when someone gets mad the dude actually said "yo, why did yall need to turn my thread into a race thing?" Wow. You are practically some kind of genius when it comes to being stupid dude.

To be fair, most of the white kids on this site have zero pride. Sometimes they are the ones, (or the worst of the bunch) when it comes to stirring the pot. Thirty or more years ago the same white kids crapping on themselves here at this site probably would have hated black people.
That isn't considered acceptable anymore so now the white kids replace their targets with "homo's" and "foreigners" instead.

The racism against black folks was stupid enough, but this shift into xenophobia and homophobia is just as pathetic. The homophobia is "justified" as some religious right and the xenophobia defended as patriotism. The things I read around here as supposed patriotism is nothing more than ignorance and narcissism wrapped in a flag. ISH is filthy!

Anyway...Any black player that put up Tyler's college numbers would be a God by now. As it is currently he is just guilty until proven innocent by a jury of his most hostile enemies. Every good thing he does will be considered merely ok, and any small mistakes will be labeled as a huge error.

Tyler could out-run Usain Bolt and these losers would tell you he doesn't know enough Biggie and 2Pac lyrics to make anything of himself in the NBA. Yeah and he will probably never have the right tattoos or enough street cred either fill-out some teams rotation of big-men too. Yeah sure.

OK.

I actually forgot where I was going with my argument because I was letting my emotions get the best of me so I wanted to get out of conversation before a bunch of people thought I was "Hitler" or something.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #33
blazinskillz
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1
blazinskillz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

He's right you shouldn't have to apologize for how you feel, but him saying 90% of black people on here are angry and hateful is stupid. That's like me saying 90% of the white people on here are closet racist. Really silly post by that celtic dude

Last edited by blazinskillz : 06-10-2009 at 01:17 PM.
blazinskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #34
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!
 
CelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rose+Kirk=Verfechters!
Posts: 1,277
CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinskillz
He's right you shouldn't have to apologize for how you feel, but him saying 90% of black people on here are angry and hateful is stupid. That's like me saying 90% of the white people on here are closet racist. Really silly post by that celtic dude


When I joined this site a year ago I never would have said "90% of the black people on ISH are angry and hateful." But what a difference a year can make.

I wonder, are you someone that normally lurks around ISH and just felt the need to make your first post? Or are you as new to this site as your only post would seem to indicate?

I can honestly say that from about the first week I joined this site that I was surprised by the attention to race. In my life, race is not a deciding factor in who I am friends with, what player I like, Who I vote for, etc. However, it has become painfully obvious that race is often where everything starts and ends here at ISH.

The 90% comment...obviously I am deeply frustrated. Without taking the time to perfect my words so no one can try to poke holes in them or misinterpret them, I would say ISH has ruined a part of me. I wont take the bait and start making racist comments towards others, that just isn't in my belief system.

Perhaps it is because I am lacking an outlet for my frustrations with the stupidity of so many ISH members, that the 90% comment was used. I don't feel that way about black folks in general, and I am thankful that I don't live that way in both the real world and my own mind. But like I said, 90% on ISH....

I would like to see more people speak up when somebody says something that is inappropriate around here. As it is, most people will only rush to defend themselves and I am tired of feeling like I am the only person that will speak up. CelticForce1349 is just another screen-name floating in cyberspace with an anonymous person sitting behind the keyboard. That is what we all are.

And yet, most people around here still don't have the balls to speak up and tell somebody when they are out of line. A person getting into an argument on behalf of their own ego doesn't count, but that is mostly all you will ever see on ISH. Pretty sad stuff if you ask me.

I am just here to talk about the athletes that throw a leather sphere through a metal cylinder. I don't need racism, homophobia, misogyny, xenophobia, etc to be part of the conversation.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 06-10-2009 at 08:19 PM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:46 AM   #35
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,448
Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Anyway...Any black player that put up Tyler's college numbers would be a God by now. As it is currently he is just guilty until proven innocent by a jury of his most hostile enemies. Every good thing he does will be considered merely ok, and any small mistakes will be labeled as a huge error.

Wrong.

PROOF: Kurt Thomas. Paul Millsap.

I don't know about your whole trip buddy but with me it's purely basketball sans the hate and bull****.

I respect Tyler as a player and athlete but it seems like his game was Taylor-made for college--not the pros.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #36
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!
 
CelticForce1349's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rose+Kirk=Verfechters!
Posts: 1,277
CelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat coolCelticForce1349 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Wrong.

PROOF: Kurt Thomas. Paul Millsap.

I don't know about your whole trip buddy but with me it's purely basketball sans the hate and bull****.

I respect Tyler as a player and athlete but it seems like his game was Taylor-made for college--not the pros.

You don't know about my whole trip? I don't know what that means you say it.

I know you don't think very highly of Tyler; we are both Bulls fans and I am familiar with your recent posts about him.

As I said before I am betting he probably will become a Leon Powe/Hakim Warrick kind of player, and there is nothing wrong with that in my eyes. Most people acknowledge that the heart and the hustle can be expected from him each and every night. To me that is never a failure, especially considering that the bigger guys can often be so lazy.

Most teams need a "big" with that type of mindset to fill out their rotation. Whether or not he is a wise pick only depends on what the team taking him really needs the most from their draft choice.

If your team is already set with guards and you draft him with the 15th pick, that does not make him a bust. With the Bulls and the possibility of taking him 16th, we already know "we" are in search of a 20/10 guy to push the Bulls to the next level. I think Tyler is going to be just fine as a player, but how much he is appreciated for what he does will depend on who needs him to be that type of player.

Last edited by CelticForce1349 : 06-11-2009 at 07:51 PM.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #37
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,448
Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
As I said before I am betting he probably will become a Leon Powe/Hakim Warrick kind of player, and there is nothing wrong with that in my eyes. Most people acknowledge that the heart and the hustle can be expected from him each and every night. To me that is never a failure, especially considering that the bigger guys can often be so lazy.

I agree with that.

However, my philosophy on the draft is to get the best talent when drafting top 20.

If we were drafting off of straight work ethic and heart 90% of the NBA would be out of a job, lol.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:48 AM   #38
dak121
College superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,384
dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

Hansbrough will most likely be a more effective NBA player than Scarecrow Thomas, so if the Bulls draft him at #16, cool.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #39
bagelred
Weird
 
bagelred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 29,097
bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

Somtimes when something is so arong, it can be so aright.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #40
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick
 
BlazersDozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 5,406
BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

I've been saying for the past few weeks that the Blazers should draft Hansbrough. I think he would fit very well with the Blazer bench and the Blazers have a hole at the back up power forward with Channing Frye moving on.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #41
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,217
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

Blazers adding Hansborough would be funny. Isnt McRoberts still there?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:03 AM   #42
Seņor Cedric
why live??
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,187
Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

I'd like him on the C's, but we have our token honky.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #43
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
DwadeOverLebron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Windy City
Posts: 784
DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

i just read tyler and tearance williams improved there stock the most during these workouts, stated by a couple of NBA execs
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #44
jailer
MillionDollarException
 
jailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,405
jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Every one was arong about Hansbrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Blazers adding Hansborough would be funny. Isnt McRoberts still there?

No. Im pretty sure he got traded to phili.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy