Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 06-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
tedloc
Serious playground baller

tedloc has an OK reputation so far
Default Trailblazer Offseason Thread

what moves do you think the trailblazers will make?
what moves do you want them to make?
tedloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
tedloc

Default Re: Trailblazer Offseason Thread

in pritchard we trust...
it's guaranteed he'll shake it up somehow

roy aldridge oden are my untouchables

personally i'd like a serious upgrade at the small forward position.

i'd really like to see prince or gay wearing a trailblazer jersey next year.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Move Outlaw and Sergio (and Blake if we get an upgrade at PG). Let Frye walk.

Get a backup PF (Brandon Bass?) and a starting caliber PG that can defend, distribute the ball, and hit the occasional 3.

New PG/Bayless
Roy/Rudy
Webster/Batum
Aldridge/new PF
Oden/Przybilla
+ rookies and potential bench warmers required for salary reasons in trades as 3rd string guys
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
tedloc

i do like brandon bass... unrestricted too.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The main thing I want to see happen is getting rid of Outlaw. SF is definitely the weakest link right now. We need another vet on the floor, so I think a good SF could be someone like Posey, Prince, or Artest.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #6
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
The Charlotte Observer
Inside the NBA
Rick Bonnell covers the Charlotte Bobcats and the NBA
June 02, 2009

Portland has eyes for Curry

Don't be surprised if the Portland Trail Blazers trade into the lottery, looking to acquire Davidson's Stephen Curry.

The way I hear it, the Blazers (currently picking 24th) are nosing around to trade up and have Curry in their sights. Enough teams are willing to deal down that this is a real possibility. And it would be great for Curry in this regard:

A long-time NBA scout told me months ago that the ideal situation for Curry is to play point guard on a team with a shooting guard who can also handle the ball. That would allow Curry to spot up some, and maximize the impact of his shooting.

The Blazers have just such a player in Brandon Roy. Strikes me as a great match of a player and a system.

An interesting rumor.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #7
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Curry would be ok in Portland since he can spot up for threes but he also relies a lot on having the ball in his hands. The Blazers just need a point guard who won't do anything dumb with the ball, makes good decisions and only shoots threes when he has to or is open.

That's all they need out of the starter, and the guy who fits that role is either Jason Kidd or Mike Bibby but I've never seen Jason Kidd successfully run a slow tempo team.

I'd like the Blazers to take one of the Mavericks free agents whether it's J-Kidd or Bass. The Mavericks don't have bird rights to either one so the Blazers just have to worry about going against other title contenders for Kidd and crappy teams with money for Bass.

I'd say that it's very possible Bass ends up in Portland.

I'd like to see a package deal involving Sergio, Outlaw, fillers and picks during the draft for either Gerald Wallace or Tayshaun Prince. I'd also love to get Ron Artest although that's not happening.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

prince would be a good fit in portland, i bet dumars would like outlaw and a 1st round pick.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #9
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenryan
prince would be a good fit in portland, i bet dumars would like outlaw and a 1st round pick.

Sure, but not the 1st round pick we have. #24 + Outlaw for Prince is ripping off Detroit. I don't think Dumars will fall for that. Plus, that would eat up all of our free agency money, so if Detroit did go for that, I hope you are content with not upgrading the PG spot because we would lose both our money and Outlaw as a trading piece to try to make an upgrade.

Last edited by Myth : 06-23-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:54 PM   #10
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

I feel if that deal went down, Portland could upgrade the point guard spot through the draft. This is a crap draft but it's the best for point guards in years and I love what Collison out of UCLA would bring to the Blazers and they could probably snag him with the #33 pick. Plus Bayless will be further developed and you have Brandon Roy as the primary ball handler in big situations anyways.

Why not upgrade one spot this year with a big name and do the same with the point position next offseason?
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:38 AM   #11
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

I like Prince as well, but agree that we'd have to sweeten that deal. I also wouldn't mind taking Richard Hamilton in a trade and play him alongside Roy - he's listed at 6'7 and could probably play the SF position for us. Besides, how freaking cool would it be to have a guy nick named "Rip", playing in "Rip City"!?!?!?!?!?!??!?! Hinrich is another possibility from what I've heard, with him reportedly telling friends that he thinks he'll end up in Portland.
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #12
Myth

Who do you think the Blazers targets are right now? Who do you want?

I'm thinking the Blazers will aim for Hedo, and I think they should if the price is not too high. If he is willing to take a $9M/year for 4 (maybe 5) years, I say make the space and do it. Any more than that, and I say pass. I also have been starting to like the idea of Hinrich on this team. Our perimeter defense was freakin terrible. Not only is Kirk a good defender, but he is also a good leader, which may help motivate others to improve their perimeter defense as well. I know his offense isn't much better than Blake's, but I can live with that because our offense was already pretty damn efficient. And even though he has a hefty contract for his abilities, at least it is declining, so each year it will seem a little less bad. If we could sign, Hedo and then trade for Hinrich, that would be a beautiful thing.

Hinrich/Bayless/Mills
Roy/Rudy
Hedo/Batum/Webster
Aldridge/Pendergraph/????
Oden/Przybilla/????

^^^ I assume Blake and Outlaw would have to be part of a Hinrich dea. Also, if thing miraculously went down this way, I think we'd really have to search for a PF to trade Webster for.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:19 PM   #13
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bucher says Portland wants to sign Hedo outright and get Andre Miller in a sign and trade
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #14
Myth

Yeah, I saw that. I think I'd rather have Hinrich though for defense, but I certainly wouldn't object to that being the outcome of this summer. In fact, I would still be stoked.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:34 AM   #15
AlaskaBlzDuk
Kids at the park dunk on me

AlaskaBlzDuk has an OK reputation so far

ok here you go...
but it is a bad contract long and more than he is worth

if they are getting 2 good expiring contracts i'd want a pick or something

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=pckxpu
AlaskaBlzDuk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: