Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ISH Mock Draft - #3 Overall - Oklahoma City

So far, the Clippers have taken Blake Griffin and the Grizzlies have taken Ricky Rubio.

I think its Hasheem Thabeet here for them. They desperately need a better guy in the frontcourt, and with Harden you already have Westbrook there in the backcourt.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

lukeridnour08 has decent reputation
Default Re: ISH Mock Draft - #3 Overall - Oklahoma City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
So far, the Clippers have taken Blake Griffin and the Grizzlies have taken Ricky Rubio.

I think its Hasheem Thabeet here for them. They desperately need a better guy in the frontcourt, and with Harden you already have Westbrook there in the backcourt.

so much fail in this post i don't even know where to start.

it is not even close to 100% that Rubio goes second to Memphis.

It is still up in the air what Thabeet will be in the pro's.

Harden is a guaranteed good player.
He is a smart player who will understand his role.

And the draft class next year is loaded w/ bigs the the thunder can pick up.

Although the odds are that they draft Thabeet, if your gonna start a thread atleast explain why.
Not just be like 'they need a big guy'.

And harden isnt a PG anyways, he just handles the ball better then most PG's.
Him in and Westbrook in the same backcourt wouldnt be a problem
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
so much fail in this post i don't even know where to start.

it is not even close to 100% that Rubio goes second to Memphis.

It is still up in the air what Thabeet will be in the pro's.

Harden is a guaranteed good player.
He is a smart player who will understand his role.

And the draft class next year is loaded w/ bigs the the thunder can pick up.

Although the odds are that they draft Thabeet, if your gonna start a thread atleast explain why.
Not just be like 'they need a big guy'.

And harden isnt a PG anyways, he just handles the ball better then most PG's.
Him in and Westbrook in the same backcourt wouldnt be a problem

Moron.

This is a forum wide draft Ive set up. Maybe you could check out ISH Mock Draft #1 overall and #2 overall before mouthing off at me?

You are such a fool. Before saying I fail, how about you check so that you dont look like more of an idiot than you already are.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has decent reputation

Although I'm a pretty big Harden fan I'd take Thabeet here. We need to find a solid center or a shooting guard to complete our young roster. I am a big Harden fan but I'd take Thabeet here. He could become a good NBA player but never a great one. I don't like the 2010 draft's big men selection so I think we should go with the big man this year.

This leaves the Thunder with a lot more options next year because there are a lot of good guards.

They could go with Wall and more Russy to be a SG [What I think he really is]

They could to with Willie Warren [from Oklahoma, which is a plus]

They could go with Henry with their early pick or the Sun's pick [maybe] [He grew up in OKC]

And if Thabeet is a terrible fail then we go with Cousions or Aldrich or Donatas Motiejunas.
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
Maniak
Maniak

Looking at the name, Donatas Motiejunas, I just think INSTA BUST. I admit I havent seen any tape of him or know anything about him, but his name just screams, "I wont make it in the NBA"

But I could be totally wrong and he could end up being a superstar.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #6
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Looking at the name, Donatas Motiejunas, I just think INSTA BUST. I admit I havent seen any tape of him or know anything about him, but his name just screams, "I wont make it in the NBA"

But I could be totally wrong and he could end up being a superstar.
I don't know a lot about him either. Ive seen like 30 seconds of youtube footage. I'm just going by what I hear.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #7
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

lukeridnour08 has decent reputation

Quote:
Moron.

This is a forum wide draft Ive set up. Maybe you could check out ISH Mock Draft #1 overall and #2 overall before mouthing off at me?

You are such a fool. Before saying I fail, how about you check so that you dont look like more of an idiot than you already are.

forum wide draft???

wtf is the point of that?

likee a forum wide mock draft?

jesus.
w/ all the scouting experts on here i can't wait to see how this turns our.

i'll stay tuned for the lulz
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #8
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
forum wide draft???

wtf is the point of that?

likee a forum wide mock draft?

jesus.
w/ all the scouting experts on here i can't wait to see how this turns our.

i'll stay tuned for the lulz
I love ISH haters.
This works fine man its just a vote to see who would pick what.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:30 AM   #9
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

With the 3rd pick in the draft, the Oklahoma City Thunder select Demar DeRozan out of the University of Southern California.

At 6'5, DeRozan has the height to play SG while spotting some time at the three spot behind Durant. He is a potent scorer who goes well with Westbrook's scoring.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #10
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Thabeet. They really need a 2 too but they need a center even more. Durant -and Westbrook can handle the offensive load, leave the defense to a 7-3 shot blocking monster.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #11
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thabeet. OKC need a big man and Thabeet should be a good defensive anchor for them.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #12
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Hasheem Thabeet makes sense for them. They've been running with Nenad Krstic and Robert Swift, who are both way too injury prone to be the long term option at Center, and Nick Collison is undersized. Thabo is already capable of being a very good fit at SG for them.

Although thinking long term they could take Harden, an upgrade over Thabo who can run the offense next to Westbrook but guard SGs, and get Cole Aldrich next year, who could very well be a superior NBA center to Thabeet.

I go with the best player, James Harden.

Last edited by A.M.G. : 06-11-2009 at 12:29 PM.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Harden
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #14
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Hasheem Thabeet makes sense for them. They've been running with Nenad Krstic and Robert Swift, who are both way too injury prone to be the long term option at Center, and Nick Collison is undersized. Thabo is already capable of being a very good fit at SG for them.

Although thinking long term they could take Harden, an upgrade over Thabo who can run the offense next to Westbrook but guard SGs, and get Cole Aldrich next year, who could very well be a superior NBA center to Thabeet.

I go with the best player, James Harden.
A.M.G. makes a great point. Durant is amazing but the Thunder will still likely be among the top 5 picks in the 2010 draft. Even at his age, Thabeet is very raw and has tons of question marks. Harden is much more likely to be a solid contributor next to Durant and Westbrook, at the very least. Take Harden this year and expect to get Aldrich, Monroe, Favors, or even that international big (Mot-whatever) next year.

So Maniak, change my vote to Harden.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:59 PM   #15
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Harden. DJ White showed some good stuff at the end of the year. Loved him at Indiana, hopefully he can be a solid big for them.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: