Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #31
drwax26
High School Starter

drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation
Default Re: 2009 NBA Mock Draft - 1st Round

Ive been reading all the comments and for the dummies who keep saying T.Y. is the starting SF and AI is the SG u are stupid. AI and TY start off the game at the 3 and the 4 respectively and throughout the game they get interchanged between the 2 and 3/ 3 and 4 respectively.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #32
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
Ive been reading all the comments and for the dummies who keep saying T.Y. is the starting SF and AI is the SG u are stupid. AI and TY start off the game at the 3 and the 4 respectively and throughout the game they get interchanged between the 2 and 3/ 3 and 4 respectively.
Elton Brand is the starting power forward. You are badly misinformed.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26

Then where does Samuel Dalembert and Elton Brand play? Genius.

Quote:
i never said T.y was better suited at the 4..cuz i know they 76ers have Speights who played good down the stretch last year..

you never know if injuries happen or foul trouble comes on some games, but Loi and Willie are guards, and James Johnson is a 3..now i know the recent trade for Jason Kapono will probaly go against this pick but ..say the 76ers want to get someone who is better comin off the bench then Willie green..who i love because he is also from detroit, we have played in the same gym (Callahan hall) but in realness, he isnt THAt good,

Lou Williams/Royal Ivey
Andre Iguodala/Willie Green
Thaddeus Young
Elton Brand/Marreese Speights
Samuel Dalembert/Jason Smith

This was before they aquired Jason Kapono. That IS the starting lineup. Of course that COULD CHANGE given injuries, players getting benched etc etc

Elton Brand got injured and it changed the lineup. Sixers had to adjust and at times used Thaddeus Young at PF because he is still developing his handles/range but also gives them a matchup problem DEPENDING on which team they face. Sixers have players who can play various positions. And yes if Thad Young was asked to play PF could he? Would he? I'm sure there could be game situations where he does. Again Sixers have guys who can play various positions which allows a coach during game to mix n match lineups that benefit the team (creating mismatches) or simply going with a new look if one isnt workin. Couple reasons for a Thad Young playing some PF. But make no mistake about it Andre Iguodala IS the starting SG, Thad starting SF and Willie is the BACKUP. It seems you and other bonehead fans are going off last seasons lineup given the injuries. Ridiculous.

James Johnson even without Kapono is not a NEED. Did the Sixers need a backup SF? Sure. But there were other needs that ranked higher than a backup SF. And there were other PROSPECTS that rank higher than James Johnson. Again the pick makes no sense. Face it.

And Willie is already on the bench. Sixers can still add depth at the guard position. In fact Ed Stefanski said that is the area they are lookin too. All the Sixers have worked out are guards and tomorrow morning guess what? More GUARDS are on thier way.

Yet you have them drafting a backup SF because at the time it was a hole on the depth chart. Again that is silly on your part. Why you cant see, acknowledge, accept everything I've schooled you on? I guess pride, stubborness would be the answers to this.

Notice not 1 Sixers fan is cosigning/defending your posts.

Last edited by GOBB : 06-13-2009 at 11:26 AM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #34
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball_Guru
Marcus Camby's contract is going to end in 2009-2010, and with his age..I doubt the Clippers who are obviously trying to develop and rebuild, will not try to re-sign Camby, who is hurt all the time, and is now up their in age, along with the fact he is making about $10 mil a year, and as I said, their is no way Zach Randolph and Blake Griffen will be able to play together, because they are both starters, and as much as we all know the Clipper organization wants Blake to start, it will cost too much money to have Zach play off the bench, so he probaly will be traded.

Let's see. Along with Camby, we have Chris Kaman, who averaged around 15/13 a couple of years back locked in for another three years, and behind him, we have the athletic, yet raw, DeAndre Jordan, who averaged something like 8/9 when he started in under 30 minutes. Yep, we need a big man badly!

Quote:
Mardy Collins only avg 5.9 pts per game along with 2.6 ast per game so i doubt he is the point guard of the future, Baron Davis is 30 years old, and although he missed 17 games last year, their is a strong possiblity he could be injured for a mighty long time in each of those seasons, and Mike Taylor is a nice guard who posting some very good scoring games when Davis is hurt, but you dont know yet if Mardy Collins and Mike Taylor "can" be your future point guard so I said its one of the team needs to maybe get another PG, just because I put something as a team doesnt mean it's exactly vital they get that postion, it just means they could possibly use some depth at that position, or although they already have their starter for the next couple of years..you can later on in the draft try to at least find an enventual replacement..

Didn't I say Collins can be solid for another year? Where did I say anything about being the future point guard? He averaged 10/5 when he started, I'd say that is fine for another year.

Quote:
and Greek Shaq?... (i know who your talkin about..but..??)

I'm not surprised because you don't seem to know anything about most of the teams.

Clippers biggest need is at the SF position. Most people know that damn well
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: