Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-10-2006, 11:14 PM   #1
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Default Realistic expectations?

i am really cautious to expect too much this year. im not sayin i think we'll suck, but i just dont think blount is enough down low.

i know KG got us to the playoffs for like 8 straight years, but teams have gotten much better and so has the talent. minnesota management seems to be stuck in the 90's, while other GM's continue to put together young, talented teams.

i hope, for KG's sake, that we will surprise a lot of people and win the division. yes denver should be good, and yes utah should be good, but hopefully we will be able to compete.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:51 PM   #2
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

Im not worried about Utah, I think we did enough in the offseason to pass them up no problem... But Denver is gonna be tough, especially if Carmelo steps his game up another notch. And if Camby can play 70+ games or so, they'll be a 50 win team at least.

When we play Denver, we're definitely gonna have to use our quickness to our advantage and get out on the break. Slowing it down and playing a half court offense will definitely not get the job done against Denver.

The X-factor for the Wolves this year is Randy Foye. If he can play up to his potential and give the Wolves at least 12-15 pts per game, get in the paint and get to the FT line, and play solid defense... Wolves have a shot at 45-50 wins and a division title. It's hard to place so much pressure on a rookie, but thats the reality of it. With KG, James, & Davis, u know what you're gonna get. It's on Foye... Not to necessarily lead us there (thats on those 3 veterans i mentioned above), but to show everyone he was worthy of being a lottery pick.

Unlike some lottery picks, the Wolves don't have 2-3 years to wait for Foye to develop. KG doesn't have that long to wait either, he'll be gone by then if things dont change quick. Should be an interesting season...

Last edited by Skywalker : 10-11-2006 at 07:09 PM.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:43 AM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
i am really cautious to expect too much this year. im not sayin i think we'll suck, but i just dont think blount is enough down low.

i know KG got us to the playoffs for like 8 straight years, but teams have gotten much better and so has the talent. minnesota management seems to be stuck in the 90's, while other GM's continue to put together young, talented teams.

i hope, for KG's sake, that we will surprise a lot of people and win the division. yes denver should be good, and yes utah should be good, but hopefully we will be able to compete.

why cant griffen start at center?

I expect foye and KG to form a tandem rival to that of Shaq and Wade.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #4
TheBigTicket21
I airball my layups

I'm gonna say that our record will be somewhere around 46-36, and for center, I have faith in Blount.
TheBigTicket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #5
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

the center position wont hurt us that badly, i think we'll make playoffs 90%...and KG will keep bringing us his double doubles.....and anybody say quadruple double?
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #6
TheBigTicket21
I airball my layups

...no...not even a triple double...
TheBigTicket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 08:29 PM   #7
final.wrath
Banned

KG wants a contender not just a weak playoff team. will foye and McCants get their opportunity to shine?
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: