Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-10-2006, 11:57 PM   #1
lazarus213
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lazarus213 has an OK reputation so far
Default Opinions on first time player's team

Hi! First time fantasy player here, our live draft just finished and I'd like to hear your opinions on how my team turned out.

16 team head-to-head league
Stat Categories: PTS, REB, AST, ST, TO, BLK, 3PTM, FG%, FT%

I drafted 4th

Here's my team:

PG - Andre Miller
SG - Kobe Bryant
G - Wally Szczerbiak
SF - Peja Stojakovic
PF - Adam Morrison
F - Drew Gooden
C - Brad Miller
C - Joel Przybilla
Util - Chris Duhon
Util - Eddie Griffin
Bn - Marco Jaric
Bn - Eddie House
Bn - Rasual Butler

Any comments on ways that I can improve my team?

Thanks!
lazarus213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:30 AM   #2
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

Kobe was a good pick at #4... but who was your 2nd rd pick. Peja? I'd probably look into trading Wally for a PF who can rebound/block some shots for u. Or if there's any FA's available, drop Butler. Can't say much else about ur team though cuz i've never been in a 16-team league so I dont really know what some of the other teams would look like in comparison.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:54 AM   #3
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

looks pretty good...

you have scoring, rebounding and threes.

the only weakness i can see is steals.

also see if you can get chris wilcox for joel prizbilla. joel will have alot of competition there with magloire, aldridge, and lafrentz fighting for minutes. also with zach randolph he wont get as many rebounds.

wilcox is probably available in most leagues. another guy to pick up instead of eddie house is rudy gay. he will get more playing time than eddie house. look for players like bragnani who people dont know much about but will receive decent playing time.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:59 PM   #4
lazarus213
Can barely lace up my sneakers

lazarus213 has an OK reputation so far

Thanks for the advice JRT and SSK! Given your comments, I made a few free agent pick ups, want to know if you guys think I did the right thing. As for trades, I'm still looking to trade Wally and Przybilla, which I'll get into later. Here's how my team looks so far (the changes mostly being at the Util and Bench part)

PG - Andre Miller
SG - Kobe Bryant
G - Wally Szczerbiak
SF - Peja Stojakovic
PF - Adam Morrison
F - Drew Gooden
C - Brad Miller
C - Joel Przybilla
Util - Ike Diogu (heard he'll be getting minutes at GS behind Murphy)
Util - Jarett Jack (only point guard now for the Blazers)
Bn - J.R. Smith (starting now for Denver)
Bn - Chris Duhon (about to be dropped for Speedy Claxton)
Bn - Eddi Griffin (just purely for the blocks as of this point)

By the way, JRT, I got Brad Miller with my 2nd pick, and Peja with my third.

Anyway, I'l still actively looking to trade Wally for a Power Forward who can get me some rebounds. Right now, I've made offers for ZsaZsa Pachulia (good for steals too) and for Troy Murphy. I also made an offer to trade Przybilla for Erick Dampier, and if that doesn't work out I'll try to go for Wilcox with him. But right now, I'm still waiting on the results of those trades. Hopefully one of them pushes through.

I am worried about my teams rebounding, blocks and steals, from how I've been reviewing my stats. My highest rebounder is Gooden, who I think will be competing for minutes with guys like Varejao, Marshall and Pollard. Actually, I was offered a trade, Alston for Gooden which would have helped out my steals but would have killed my rebounding so I didn't go for it.

I'm kind of worried though, so please let me know what you think...in trading Wally, will I become weak on points and 3's, taking a step forward in rebounding if ever, but become just average everywhere else? I'm just hoping that Morisson will do some scoring for me. I know he's a risk, I'm just hoping that it's one worth taking.

Lastly, should I be concerned about my assists if I don't end up landing Speedy Claxton (who's on the waiver wire)? Right now I only have Andre Miller for Assists, unless Jarett Jack steps up this year.

Do hope to hear from you guys again! Sorry it got a bit lengthy, just wanted to give you guys the details.

Thanks again!
lazarus213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:40 AM   #5
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Ike Diogu might work out, but the buzz from training camp is that he has either not improved or actually regressed since last season and Nelson is hardly impressed with him. Personally, I would try to pick up a safer bet in the free agent pool and just keep an eye on Diogu. I think Shelden Williams or Stromile Swift would each be a better pickup prior to the start of the season than Diogu, but maybe that's just me.

What centers are available in your leage?

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 10-13-2006 at 01:44 AM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: