Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 06-05-2009, 01:39 AM   #16
Torious
Great young streetballer

Torious has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dwight Howard Exposed? 1-6 FG!

The two offensive fouls they called on him seemed to crush his spirit. He'll be back in game 2.
Torious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:49 AM   #17
GiveItToBurrito

Dwight couldn't get in a rhythm due to minutes and all of the free throws and he didn't have anyone to take the pressure off of him on account of Turk's and Lewis' complete inability to get it going. I don't think he was by any means "exposed" as somehow bad or something. If anything, the Celtics series reflected more poorly on him than the Lakers series has so far, since it seemed so easy for Perkins to keep him from scoring off of field goals or free throws.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:49 AM   #18
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster5k

Did u not watch how the Piston shut down Shaq. Sure Kobe was a ball hogger, but after the fact that Shaq kelpt turning the ball over in the post to Ben Wallace.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:52 AM   #19
djwhizard
drum & bass!

djwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfirst
Dwight is the best center in the NBA. His team mates weren't hitting their shots that's all.

If he had Kobe to dish to him, he would be even more dominant.

I would take Howard (or as I say "Howie") on my team any day. He does have a way to go, but he will continue to improve his game and add more depth over the next couple of years. He is great right now, and will only get better.
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:56 AM   #20
djwhizard
drum & bass!

djwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj23clutch
a healthy yao ming dominated LA during the playoffs before he got injured. howard also struggles against elite big men like yao ming. a healthy yao is just as dangerous.

HUH???? At no time did Yao dominate the Lakers, not in the regular season (0-4) and not in the playoffs (1-2).

It was when Yao was injured and the smaller guys ran circles around the Lakers is when the match up problems arose. When Yao was in the game, the pace was much slower - and the Lakers were able to control the tempo.

Lakers played the Rockets better with Yao, than without. That series did not go 7 games if Yao was not injured.
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:01 AM   #21
cotdt
Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan

cotdt has not been impressing people

Gasol's defense this year has been underrated. He has improved from last year. People who still call Gasol soft are obviously not paying attention. He's done weight training in the offseason and gained an extra 20 pounds, which basically makes him a true center.

Last edited by cotdt : 06-05-2009 at 02:19 AM.
cotdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:01 AM   #22
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people

Quote:
Did u not watch how the Piston shut down Shaq. Sure Kobe was a ball hogger, but after the fact that Shaq kelpt turning the ball over in the post to Ben Wallace.

Ben Wallace didn't stop Shaq. Hack a Shaq stopped Shaq. Pistons really didn't shut down Shaq, either.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:03 AM   #23
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

lmao at this.

Howard was already exposed vs. Kendrick Perkins in the semis.

Then he dominates broken feet Ilgauskus and 6'8" Varajeo and people think he suddenly learned to become Shaq overnight.

Suddenly, when faced with legit 7 footers, he is human again... hm...
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:03 AM   #24
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

no
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:04 AM   #25
00thecool00
Can barely lace up my sneakers

00thecool00 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I don't know if you call 26ppg being "shut down".
00thecool00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:25 AM   #26
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln

Kevin Willis rocked!
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:32 AM   #27
invisiblehoops
I airball my layups

invisiblehoops has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj23clutch
a healthy yao ming dominated LA during the playoffs before he got injured. howard also struggles against elite big men like yao ming. a healthy yao is just as dangerous.

it's kinda sad how all arguments involving yao or t-mac have the word healthy all over them.
invisiblehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:33 AM   #28
invisiblehoops
I airball my layups

invisiblehoops has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Wasn't he still averaging 26 something points 11 rebounds on 60%+ shooting?
invisiblehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:06 AM   #29
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Yao didn't not dominate the Lakers. The Lakers destroy him. All they had to do was front him, and Yao was useless and turn into a turnover machine.

It was when Yao was sitting that all the runs were made my the Rockets.

2.67 TO in 36MPG for a big man = a turnover machine.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:16 AM   #30
FG20
Keep em Seperated

FG20 has an OK reputation so far

Ive watched very little Magic basketball this year but its obvious they just were not hitting shots they could/should hit and that is always rough on a center.

However, while I believe Dwight one of the most beastly dudes ive ever had the pleasure to meet, I do not think that against Gasol/Bynum/(O-Dumb even) he will avg more then 18 ppg this series... thats not to say I dont hope he does and the Magic topple the Lakers.

btw, Shaq>anycurrentbigman with closest competition from TimmyD
dont effing kid yourselves
FG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: