Originally Posted by SoCalMike
A few observations:
1) Holding Utah to 79 points was a good thing... Defense wins championships!
2) I was surprised the Lakers got so badly rebounded, 52-38, with 20-7 deficit on the offensive boards. What the heck is that?
3) I was pleased by the number of assists by Odom and Walton.
4) I was disappointed that Farmar did not play.
5) Overall a decent start, but work needs to be done. Its early, so thats good.
6) I was surprised AK47 had such an ordinary game. Only 12 mins of playing time? Is he hurt?
7) Lakerfreak should have been doing his homework!
Come on guys I try really hard. lol
I am reading the recap on yahoo and it appears sasha vujacic and odom were the leaders.
Sasha played a more up tempo game in the first half and kept the lakers going and fed ronny turiaf a dunk on a fast break.
Odom played great but should have pulled down 3 more boards.
Walton played beautiful basketball but like odom, Pull down a few more boards.
Kwame did OK on defense and mediocre on offense.
However i wont judge this game becaue other good players played horribly too.
Andrei kerelinko scored 4 i think. Okur didnt shoot well either.
So some of these guys just need a few games.
Kwame needs to watch some old tape of himself in th playoffs and he will remember.
So I wont hold this against our bigs.
A surprise was Evans as i thought he would be a decent role player and turned out to be a step ahead of that. Ronny Turiaf is doing the great off the bench play we want him to do.
All in all, a rating of 1-10 1 being horrible and 10 being perfect, I will give the lakers a 6.5