Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default What is your favorite scene in the Matrix trilogy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WhHXTC6OWg

1:38

I remember watching this in the theater and I thought it was the coolest scene ever... Basically because I knew I was about to witness one of the greatest action scenes in Hollywood history (The Highway chase.)

I'll have to think about what scene I'd put at number two...
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What is your favorite scene in the Matrix trilogy?

not my favorite scene but maybe the most classic scene in the series there is:

why is that just so f*ckin cool?

she just handles up on those cops with their inferior guns real quick...

and this scene deserves a f*ckin award:

maybe not the best scene, and at times you could tell it was CG...but still one of the most amazing fight scenes in the history of film...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
and this scene deserves a f*ckin award:

maybe not the best scene, and at times you could tell it was CG...but still one of the most amazing fight scenes in the history of film...

This is why part 2 (Reloaded) was better than part 1 (The Original).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ezr_4LtC_w

I think this part was better than the scene you posted.

Neo just kicks their @ss likes it's no big deal.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

Its funny. I've watched Reloaded countless times (mostly when it first came out) and I always loved it. Well, a few weeks ago I fired up.... I dunno why, but with that viewing I totally picked it apart. The movie seemed so flawed. The Matrix sequels are garbage movies.

I don't know how the Wacho's can make a masterpiece such as the first, then go ahead and make two huge steaming piles of crap!

As for scenes.

Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the lobby scene is GOAT
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:04 PM   #6
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Reloaded kills the others from an action stand point...

but from a story standpoint the original is the hands down winner...
Old 06-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Rick
Its funny. I've watched Reloaded countless times (mostly when it first came out) and I always loved it. Well, a few weeks ago I fired up.... I dunno why, but with that viewing I totally picked it apart. The movie seemed so flawed. The Matrix sequels are garbage movies.

When I first watched Revolutions (Part 3)... in the theater... I thought it was an epic failure. I left the theater kinda mad...

But after watching part 3 a few more times... I think the movie is very underrated... It's far from garbage, it's greatness. Part 3 & Part 2 will never compare to Part One as far as the story line goes...

But I can remember going to see part two and the theater was sold out... They were showing the film on four screens... and it lived up to the hype.
(The only part that confused people was the Architect).

You can go back and watch those movies a hundred times, and learn something new about the story each time.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Chateau Scene. I watch it on my ipod all the time.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Chateau Scene. I watch it on my ipod all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ezr_4LtC_w

It's pretty f*ckin good.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #10
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiWUNUIYx8U

BTW... if you didn't watch The Animatrix, or play the Video Game (Enter the Matrix)... you missed out on some information.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #11
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here

Lobby shootout in the first film, easily.
All the over the top cgi and stunts that they threw into the sequels couldn't top the coolness of the lobby scene...
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #12
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasian
Lobby shootout in the first film, easily.
All the over the top cgi and stunts that they threw into the sequels couldn't top the coolness of the lobby scene...

highway scene >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lobby

IMO

the highway chase was just simpley amazing...

a complete work of art...

the lobby scene was great too, but it just doesn't compare to the highway chase at all...
Old 06-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #13
MontaHardaway
I hit open 5-footers

MontaHardaway has decent reputation

this scene just blew my f ucking mind when i saw it at an IMAX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9iQ2BBdh3w
MontaHardaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:30 PM   #14
Kasper
Great young streetballer

Kasper has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
highway scene >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lobby

IMO

the highway chase was just simpley amazing...

a complete work of art...

the lobby scene was great too, but it just doesn't compare to the highway chase at all...

Lobby scene >>>>> highway scene.

Animatrix was straight.

2 and 3 were garbage.

If we are talking "action scenes" then maybe.. MAYBE 2 and 3 had something to offer? Other than that... all garbage.

On a side note... isn't one of them a tranny now?
Kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #15
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd have to go with the lobby scene in the original.

The 2nd and 3rd Matrixes are probably the greatest letdown in all of movie sequel history. It was apparent they had no idea where the story was going beyond part 1, and they didn't anticipate it being popular enough for a sequel. Outside of Spiderman 3 I can't think of a worse sequel.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: