Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-06-2009, 12:41 AM   #16
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What is your favorite scene in the Matrix trilogy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
When I first watched Revolutions (Part 3)... in the theater... I thought it was an epic failure. I left the theater kinda mad...

But after watching part 3 a few more times... I think the movie is very underrated... It's far from garbage, it's greatness. Part 3 & Part 2 will never compare to Part One as far as the story line goes...

But I can remember going to see part two and the theater was sold out... They were showing the film on four screens... and it lived up to the hype.
(The only part that confused people was the Architect).

You can go back and watch those movies a hundred times, and learn something new about the story each time.

On its OWN I loved Reloaded. For action and eye candy I thought it was great. The open ending was awesome, it left you with a lot to ponder. Then Revo came out and it was a total different story and all the theories about a matrix in a matrix or Neo becoming more machine like were bunk. "Ohhhhh, Neo can do all those crazy things because he's the one. Gotcha".

And now, my biggest problem is that the production doesnt hold up. The CGI looks dated (M1 still looks brilliant), the Zion world looks like a set off of Andromeda along with the clothing.

I dunno how I watched Reloaded 40 plus times and not see all these flaws until now.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:03 AM   #17
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the bullet scene from the first movie was great. its just to bad every bad comedy movie writer had to rip it off with their own version.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:18 AM   #18
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I'd have to go with the lobby scene in the original.

The 2nd and 3rd Matrixes are probably the greatest letdown in all of movie sequel history. It was apparent they had no idea where the story was going beyond part 1, and they didn't anticipate it being popular enough for a sequel. Outside of Spiderman 3 I can't think of a worse sequel.
Someone at work told me that all three scripts were written before part 1 was even filmed...

not sure if that is true or not...

and it is obvious that they ended part 1 in a way that could have been left alone had it failed at the box office...

the story itself is amazingly deep in many different ways...

Dooms is correct in that you can watch the sequels multiple times and take away a little tid bit that you had never realized before...

and then alot of the stuff is just biblical...

I never could figure out through the movies how Neo was able to use his powers in the real world...had to google that sh*t...but after reading it, it made perfect sense...

it really isn't like they just threw some crap together real quick at all dude...the matrix story is amazingly in depth, more in depth than anything else I can even think of at the moment...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:22 AM   #19
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Rick
On its OWN I loved Reloaded. For action and eye candy I thought it was great. The open ending was awesome, it left you with a lot to ponder. Then Revo came out and it was a total different story and all the theories about a matrix in a matrix or Neo becoming more machine like were bunk. "Ohhhhh, Neo can do all those crazy things because he's the one. Gotcha".

And now, my biggest problem is that the production doesnt hold up. The CGI looks dated (M1 still looks brilliant), the Zion world looks like a set off of Andromeda along with the clothing.

I dunno how I watched Reloaded 40 plus times and not see all these flaws until now.

I still think the CG inthe fight scene with all the agent Smiths is one of the most impressive peices of CG ever put on film...

that must have taken freakin months of planning...

I know it looks fake at times but I still think it is just plain increadable...

I personally enjoyed both sequels...

although I will admitt that I had heard a million times that the 3rd one sucked before I saw it, so I was expecting crap, but I thought it was stil watchable no question...

there are certainly plenty of films less enteraining than the sequels to the matrix...that is for sure...
Old 06-06-2009, 03:03 AM   #20
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the end credits to the last film. that last one was really stupid and knowing that it was all over was good.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:10 AM   #21
KOLBCTEW
HellMaster

KOLBCTEW has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas

The Chateau scene was simply amazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~

and this scene deserves a f*ckin award:

But the fight involving all the Agent Smiths was absolutely mesmerizing
KOLBCTEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:48 AM   #22
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Matrix Reloaded - Car Chase scene. One of the greatest car chase scenes in movie history.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:39 AM   #23
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

damn tough call, I'll take the end of the first one when he realizes (Morpheus narrates) "He... IS the one" he goes into the bored slow-mo kungfu defense against Smith, sick sh*t. I may re-evaluate this pick but it was the first thing i could think of.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #24
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You know, as a fight scene I've always been really partial to the very first 1v3 between Neo and the other agents (Brown maybe?) at the beginning of Reloaded in that alleyway. It's not as... loud as the lobby or 100 Smith scenes I suppose, but it's always held my attention more than any other fight in the series, save perhaps the final battle.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #25
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i have always had a problem with neo's fight scenes. maybe i am just nitpicking but whenever keanu displays his "kung fu" it always appears to me exactly what it was...just an actor going through the movements that he was taught as best as he can. its little things, like how he didn't twist his body exactly right when he kicked or something, it was very apparent that he didnt have the agility or the grace of a true martial artist. he was just too "stiff" for me and it drew me out of the movie at times.

i am not saying that keanu needs to be some kind of master irl, im just saying that he was really stiff. im pretty sure trinity had no martial arts background either but her fights came off alot better to me.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #26
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

I actually think that Keanu Reeves was a perfect choice to play Neo...

yeah, he is an awful actor, but his personality fits what Neo was suppoed to be...a guy that worked in a cubical and was just kind of bored with life, or didn't care much for anything...

and I think he pulled off the action well enough...
Old 06-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #27
Kasper
Great young streetballer

Kasper has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I actually think that Keanu Reeves was a perfect choice to play Neo...

yeah, he is an awful actor, but his personality fits what Neo was suppoed to be...a guy that worked in a cubical and was just kind of bored with life, or didn't care much for anything...

and I think he pulled off the action well enough...

I agree... it was the perfect fit for his wooden acting, glazed eyes demeanor. Perfect role for him. He just had to show up and act himself.
Kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #28
depletedW
I Rep Mavs

depletedW has decent reputation

the credits
depletedW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #29
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In the 1 vs. 100 scene, when I rewatched the film I paid attention to the other Smiths, the ones that weren't being pulverised by Neo, and they were actually doing something, unlike in other films where the hero goes solo against about 30 tough guys and the tough guys always, ALWAYS come up to him 1 on 1, never altogether, and the rest just stand back fidgeting and moving about, but never doing anything. I like how that scene broke that rule and had everybody go for him (Although for the majority of the time they were coming at him separately but in quick succession).

Didn't like the final fight between Smith and Neo. Felt like everything (all the kung fu stuff) had been shown in all the films before, and they were rehashing it. The flying and colliding were cool, but that was about it.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #30
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

NERDS!!!!!!

andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: