Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
Basketball_Guru
I airball my layups

Exclamation Davidson's Stephen Curry..Is "under"-rated..

That's right, people only think of Curry as a great shooter, and decent scorer in college, who say his is too frail and isn't a pure point guard, and won't be anything more than a courtney lee type player.

However, I believe Stephen Curry to be arguably the best guard and/or best prospect available in the draft. I think Curry is one of the most under-rated passer in college basketball today(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JyTIQq5H-g). Now I know he averaged all the points on the team, but he was still top 20 in the country in assist, and being that it was is first year converting to the 1 spot instead of the 2, logically your going to have some turnovers, also being that he is always being doubled, and his teammates are poo.

I think it should be noted that Curry has unbelievable court vision/awareness, however their are times that he may see what is going on, but makes bad descisions with the ball, and thats ok and understandable because like I said before, your first year playing that positions, always getting added pressure, and playing with players talented at 12 year old girls does not help. I think Curry has all the tools neccessary to be a great/dominate point guard in the NBA for these reasons. He is 6'3, and doctors say he might grow another 2 inches (http://www.nba.com/2009/news/feature...kies.combine/), he has great ball handling abilities and can get by anybody with his quickness, and ball handling dribbles. He has a pro NBA shot that most pro's dream about having to where, you can't sit on him, or he will rise up on you because he can get his shot off so fast and quick, especially over point guards. He is an underrated athelte as well. Sure he does not have the great leaping ability or the big body like a Chancey, Deron Williams, or a Chris Paul, but Curry is 185lbs, he got a lot toner, and he has more that enough time, to hit the weight room some more, but he is deceptively strong, because he can absorb contact going to the lane, and finish strong. Excellent free throw shooter, and his confidance is bar to none, he knows how to be a floor leader.

As for people that like to say he played against "no competition" in what-ever conference he was in, when Davidson played against the big-bad Sooners of Oklahoma, he had 44 points, and they even tried to put a Blake and/or Taylor Griffen to overwhelm him..didn't work. As a SOPHMORE in the NCAA Tourney..he had 40points against a GREAT Georgetown team (30 2nd half), dominate a Wisconsin team and nearly beat the Champs in KU.

I think he goes #6 not #8 but he goes to the T-Wolves, but Curry has more than enough talent to surpass in this league. Please..what do you think about Curry??

Last edited by Basketball_Guru : 06-05-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Basketball_Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
jailer
MillionDollarException

Default Re: Davidson's Stephen Curry..Is "under"-rated..

Curry looks to real promising. Alot of n.b.a. players that have watched his game all think he will be a stud in the league. My only problem with him is his love fest for the knicks. I think its normal for any player to prefer one team over the other. But I dont think a player that has'nt been drafted yet should pick favorits. He is gonna build him self up with the hopes of playing for new york. Then when he gets drafted by another team or even traded by the knicks, he is going to be pissed.

I think its a little immature to be this vocal about what team you want to play for. Every time I read about him, it seems like he is lobbying for the knicks to pick him. Its disrespectful to the other teams in the draft.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
Basketball_Guru
I airball my layups

hey when you have an oppurnity to play for such a great franchise (although not recently), and a great city with some of the best fans in sports. you would want to be a little optimistic for them
Old 06-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
NYK-Bball
CATCH ME IN TRAFFIC

Finally someone that knows what they are talking about.Currys vision is way better than people give him credit for.Hes a winner and we all know about his jumper.Hes also clutch,shown in West Virginia game this year.
NYK-Bball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball_Guru
hey when you have an oppurnity to play for such a great franchise (although not recently), and a great city with some of the best fans in sports. you would want to be a little optimistic for them

Im not saying he shouldnt have a team in mind. I just dont think he should be so open about it.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
Basketball_Guru
I airball my layups

hey Rubio made it clear he doesnt want to play for Memphis..what do u think is worse? sayin u would want to play for a team? or sayin u dont wanna play for a team?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:39 AM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball_Guru
hey Rubio made it clear he doesnt want to play for Memphis..what do u think is worse? sayin u would want to play for a team? or sayin u dont wanna play for a team?

Their both wrong for being vocal. It should not be up to the player on where they get drafted. The draft is designed so that the teams that were the worst the previous season have a chance to get new young talent to help their franchise get out of the cellar. I cant stand when these kids try and hi-jack the draft.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #8
Basketball_Guru
I airball my layups

well ill say i partially agree with u my friend.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

I mean I understand that certain teams are better oppurtunities than others. But I think its rude to state to the media that you only want to play for one or two teams.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: