Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-11-2006, 02:42 AM   #1
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default Kobe Bryant And Sasha Vujacic.

Anybody notice the close bond these guys have between each other??? Kobe Bryant and Sasha Vujacic seem to be pretty tight. They were together at all times in the new NBA'07 commercial. They seem to have the same desire and the same will.

Do you think that Kobe Bryant seems to get along with Sasha Vujacic so well is because Kobe Bryant grew up in Italy, and Sasha Vujacic in Europe, that they kind of had the same upbringing so that maybe their common upbringing brings them together??? I don't know, pure speculation, but what do you guys think??? Let me know.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:24 AM   #2
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I had never heard that they were buddys. I guess I will have to pay attention to that more closely. All I can say is that if that is the case, Kobe will influence him in a positive way to work out harder and get better.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:30 AM   #3
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

I heard last season that they were close friends all the time, especially the Kcal broadcasts.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:40 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

When sasha gained confidence last year Kobe always talked about how great sasha was and he was sooo happy that sasha did this and that.

And after lakers beat charlotte in a close game kobe and sasha were hugging forever.

They both speak italian. they both play the same position almost.

now this can be a real problem if sasha starts performing to excellence like today.

We might have 3 point gaurds that we might keep and not trade away just like the three centers.

Smush played great today how we want him to, Same with sasha, we havent seen farmar yet but im sure he will be great.

So what do we do with all three?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:51 AM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought Sasha plays at the 1? Am I wrong? Or is he a natural 2?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:57 AM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

well hes a 1 but i meant theyre both gaurds..

so they got a LOT in common.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:04 AM   #7
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike

He's a natural 2, you can tell he's not comfortable handling the ball, and well his whole reputation is only that of a shooter. I think the coaching staff just didn't have any choice last year but to have him backup Smush with McKie out the entire season, and since the triangle doesn't require a real PG (per say) it kinda worked...:confused: but bringing the ball up may have been the reason he shot so poorly most of the time (pure speculation on my part there, but maybe it makes sense). Sasha would be much better used as a backup to Kobe in the 2 spot IMHO, coming off of curls and behind screens for spot-up shots out of the triangle seems more like his game. Problem is there's not many minutes behind Kobe to begin with, and now we have Mo Evans there too.

And FWIW, I've also heard via KCAL or somewhere else on more than one occasion that Kobe was tight with Sasha. I'm sure for them it's great, but for me it sucks because Sasha is my least favorite of our glut-o'-guards, and my hope is that we can keep BOTH Green and Pinnock by somehow losing McKie and Sasha (buy-out and trade-for-draft-pick)... I guess I wouldn't mind losing Cookie to a trade-for-pick if we had to, ya know if Kobe's gonna nix my Sasha trade by protecting his buddy.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:23 AM   #8
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

id rather have Sasha over Green and Pinnock. Those guys cant give quality minutes in the playoffs, they arent that quality player. Sasha can become a really good shooter, loves taking big shots and could be a good triangle pg. I like his heart and the effort he puts in on defense.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #9
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

I always thought Sasha was the whipping boy to Kobe last year I know Kobe goes off on his teammate when they're not performing and especially when they fail, but wasn't there several incidents when Kobe chewed out Sasha for committing silly fouls, not helping out on rotation coverage and things of that nature.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:13 PM   #10
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool

yea i remember last year when kobe slapped sasha during a timeout. the reason kobe hangs out with sasha is because hes a chick magnet so all the white girls kobe could have J/K. but i remember when the lakers held a clinic all the girls flocked to sasha.
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:41 PM   #11
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLAlegend32
yea i remember last year when kobe slapped sasha during a timeout. the reason kobe hangs out with sasha is because hes a chick magnet so all the white girls kobe could have J/K. but i remember when the lakers held a clinic all the girls flocked to sasha.

lol

Ya da chicks love him!!!!

Ya Kobe sure love those white girls!!!!JK too.

But funny post thank I needed that laugh!!!!!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:48 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
id rather have Sasha over Green and Pinnock. Those guys cant give quality minutes in the playoffs, they arent that quality player. Sasha can become a really good shooter, loves taking big shots and could be a good triangle pg. I like his heart and the effort he puts in on defense.

I agree sasha is better than them but I think green can turn into something good and same with pinock.

we have 2 spots left after mckie is gone...lakers have 13 players with garunteed contracts.

so if pinnock and green do well, keep both, put them on IR, send them down to the D league.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:52 PM   #13
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
we have 2 spots left after mckie is gone...lakers have 13 players with garunteed contracts.

so if pinnock and green do well, keep both, put them on IR, send them down to the D league.

If we drop McKie that only frees up one spot for either Pinnock or Green, unless you're suggesting we get rid of Smush or Turiaf as their contracts aren't solid until Nov. 1.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
If we drop McKie that only frees up one spot for either Pinnock or Green, unless you're suggesting we get rid of Smush or Turiaf as their contracts aren't solid until Nov. 1.

my fault!!

so in that case, add green, keep pinnock on D-fenders. because they can defend, and so can pinnock . it all works out
Old 10-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #15
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

No, unfortunately it doesn't. To put somebody on the D-Fenders they have to be on your 15 man roster, so if Pinnock doesn't make the roster, he's a free agent and we lose him. If he really wanted to he could sign with the D-Fenders on his own, but then any team would be eligible to sign him out of there - that's extremely unlikely though as he could probably get a contract with another NBA team or play in Europe, either of which would be better money than playing in the D-League
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: