Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #16
Bodhi
Local High School Star

Bodhi has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Wants To Play For The Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
Memphis has a core of nice young players, but it's really about time for them to pony up and try to spend some money on one of Utah's veteran PFs this summer, because Bosh/Stoudemire in 2010 are pipe dreams for Memphis at this
point.

It's hard for me to see Memphis spending money on a good FA this summer after they gave up Pau Gasol for nothing just to save money.
Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #17
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
If we're talking purely basketball here, and not the NYC/Nike conspiracy garbage, why would Lebron want to play with someone without a jumpshot?? Sure he'd be able to handle the ball and take some playmaking duties away from Lebron, but they'd be able to double off of Rubio the whole game until he gets a legit jumper.
The thing about Rubio is nobody is sure if he has a jumper or not, people only base him not having range due to his set shot mechanics.

But in Spain usually the PG does not shoot the ball from 3, not with consistency as it is done in the American game.

Same thing was said about Calderon in terms of his range when he came to the NBA, I'd rather see it first hand in the NBA game.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #18
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi
It's hard for me to see Memphis spending money on a good FA this summer after they gave up Pau Gasol for nothing just to save money.
We spend money.

The problem is we like to overpay for role players, we really like to overpay for role players.

We're going to sign someone this summer, possibly Big Baby at a ridiculous price of 5/$50 Million.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #19
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
i would love to see us grab Rubio. if we have to move up, trade anyone except Wilson, Danilo and first round draft picks (been there,done that). i would prefer if we could trade robinson and/or wilcox with a sign and trade + 8th pick for Memphis pick and fillers

It's actually not a bad trade, if Memphis wanted to go that route. Think about it, is Thabeet going to be better than Wilcox? Maybe/maybe not.....

If Wilcox and Robinson both sign MLE type money, then.....

Knicks get:

#2 pick
Darko Milicic

Grizzlies get:

#8 pick
Nate Robinson
Chris Wilcox
Cash

Grizzlies dump Milicic, increase their overall talent base at reasonable prices, save cash with #8 pick and Knicks $$$, and STILL will have more cap room to work with. That's not bad at all.

Knicks have no problem paying Milicic or giving up cash, Wilcox not part of future, can't pay Nate what he wants, and get franchise PG for their team.....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #20
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
We spend money.

The problem is we like to overpay for role players, we really like to overpay for role players.

We're going to sign someone this summer, possibly Big Baby at a ridiculous price of 5/$50 Million.

Oh god, if Memphis signs big baby for anything over $3 million per, I'll be depressed.

and bagelred, you know Nate Robinson is worth more than the MLE. He's worth $6-8 million as a sixth man, sadly. I think in reality he should be an MLE guy (and Wilcox less), but it's the NBA and overpaying and whatnot..
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:43 AM   #21
Jonelo
I brick open layups

Jonelo has decent reputation

http://www.lavanguardia.es/deportes/...-la-penya.html

Quote:
Después de varias negociaciones que no han conducido a ningún acuerdo, Ricky Rubio ha presentado una demanda contra el DKV Joventut con el objetivo de forzar un acuerdo que permita reducir su cláusula de rescisión de contrato - establecida en unos seis millones de dólares- y marcharse a la NBA, bien sea este año, bien el siguiente.

Quote:
After various negotiations that have not resulted in any agreement, Ricky Rubio has filed a lawsuit against DKV Joventut in order to force an agreement to reduce its break clause in contract - in about six million dollars and go to the NBA either this year or next.

Very sad what is happening with this guy. In some previous cases in Spain, the players were unable to play until the judge decided the case. And in one case, the player had to pay for aquisicion over what was in the contract. Although I do not think this is the case of Ricky, the disparity between salary and the price of the break clause is brutal, Ricky was also a minor when the contract was signed
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:49 AM   #22
PaperClip
:3

PaperClip has decent reputation

Z-Bo is clearly the answer for Memphis' troubles.

SOMEONE TAKE HIM OFF OUR HANDS PLZ
PaperClip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:50 AM   #23
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

LALakerFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Hmmmm...first Rubio wants to go to play in California and now New York. I guess he wants to go play in a state that has a huge Latino community.
LALakerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:54 AM   #24
EvinWizzle
Mi a badmon !

EvinWizzle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALakerFan4Life
Hmmmm...first Rubio wants to go to play in California and now New York. I guess he wants to go play in a state that has a huge Latino community.
that would be miami aha
EvinWizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:00 AM   #25
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvinWizzle
that would be miami aha
haha maybe he'll say Miami next. Miami is another place that has a huge Latino community besides in Cali and New York.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:16 AM   #26
sobeking
I airball my layups

sobeking has an OK reputation so far

I dunno if having a latino community is much of an advantage for him... Cause he's an european dude, not south-american, there's a huge difference. Both cities also have a lot of foreigners from Europe, but I guess all big cities in America are like this nowadays, so I don't see need to pick one in particular...

The thing is, Los Angeles and New York are the most famous american cities in the world... So it's no wonder he said he wanted California and now saying New York.

Besides, about his shooting, from what I've seen from DKV Joventut games, I'd say it's doesn't become an issue of his game, it's just that it's not his forte. You don't expect to get a shooter when having him in the team, but he has a lot of other qualities that make him a good prospect.
sobeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:18 AM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALakerFan4Life

Not even. He wants to play for a market that will be beneficial to his financial status so he can pay offf his buyout clause since most will be out of his own pocket.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:52 AM   #28
LALakerFan4Life
16 Time NBA Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobeking
I dunno if having a latino community is much of an advantage for him... Cause he's an european dude, not south-american, there's a huge difference. Both cities also have a lot of foreigners from Europe, but I guess all big cities in America are like this nowadays, so I don't see need to pick one in particular...

The thing is, Los Angeles and New York are the most famous american cities in the world... So it's no wonder he said he wanted California and now saying New York.

Besides, about his shooting, from what I've seen from DKV Joventut games, I'd say it's doesn't become an issue of his game, it's just that it's not his forte. You don't expect to get a shooter when having him in the team, but he has a lot of other qualities that make him a good prospect.

I know he's Euro. He's Spaniard. He's a Spanish speaker. He's not Latino but him being a Spanish speaker and if he plays for any California or NY team. He'll have a huge Latino fan base. Like Pau Gasol.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:55 AM   #29
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Conspiracy Theory:
Rubio ends up on the Knicks with the help of David Stern, Nike, and his agent Dan Fegan.
Once New York didnt get the top pick it became clear that Rubio would either pull out of the draft or force his way into a situation that he wants specifically the Knicks.
God you're so retarded, the draft conspiracy didn't work out, what do you, shell out a even more retarded conspiracy.

Oh and Rubio as to pay a lot of money from his pocket to come to play to the NBA i think he has the right to choose where.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:40 AM   #30
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

I am from Spain, and I can tell you Rubio hasn't said anywhere he won't play with any team. He's worried about his high buyout and he's trying to lower it to have more options.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: