Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #16
Lebron23Jordan
Banned

Lebron23Jordan has decent reputation
Default Re: Whos gonna Win Charlie Or blaine burks On July 18?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
hahah, please. Burks is bringing a knife to a gun fight as far as I'm concerned, out matched in every department. I agree with the above that you should be in attack mode from the jump. You're a well conditioned fighter, just keep working that jab and taking stabs at the big stuff. I want to see you put this b*tch to sleep.

damn right lamar
Lebron23Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:30 PM   #17
Erudus
RIP Canadianballer

Erudus is starting to rub some people the wrong wayErudus is starting to rub some people the wrong way

burks is a b!tch. Charlie Z is gonna wreck his sh!t
Erudus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #18
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Giving serious advice seems pointless because it seems like this is mostly a joke to you. But I'm going to assume you're actually going to be prepared to fight this time, like you had better be bulked up some, stronger and more well-conditioned from training.

Your first fight you were hopping around the ring like a jackrabbit. Not saying you should straight up stand your ground and trade with him, he'll knock you the **** out with those hammer blows he throws, but try to stay on your feet while you move around the ring.

Work the jab and just pop him in the face a bunch. And go for the body, he seems to be soft down there. Don't stand and trade with him, again he will knock your skinny ass out. Wear him down with jabs to the face, throw some hard ones into his sides, and then when he get's tired around the third round or so, start throwing some real shots at his head and gut.

From what I've seen of him on youtube, he has no skill, speed, or even stamina, just good punching power and toughness. He fights like he's drunk actually, just kind of staggering around the ring and trying to land sloppy haymakers. And he'll throw you to the ground if you let him, so don't tie up with him.

The most important thing is that you have good stamina, because his is terrible. How many rounds is this thing anyways?

The reason I'm trying to give you advice is because a Charlie Zelenoff victory will be a victory for ISH. So train hard boy. Then again, another embarassing Charlie Zelenoff loss will be something to laugh about for ISH, so either way we win.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #19
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Giving serious advice seems pointless because it seems like this is mostly a joke to you. But I'm going to assume you're actually going to be prepared to fight this time, like you had better be bulked up some, stronger and more well-conditioned from training.

Your first fight you were hopping around the ring like a jackrabbit. Not saying you should straight up stand your ground and trade with him, he'll knock you the **** out with those hammer blows he throws, but try to stay on your feet while you move around the ring.

Work the jab and just pop him in the face a bunch. And go for the body, he seems to be soft down there. Don't stand and trade with him, again he will knock your skinny ass out. Wear him down with jabs to the face, throw some hard ones into his sides, and then when he get's tired around the third round or so, start throwing some real shots at his head and gut.

From what I've seen of him on youtube, he has no skill, speed, or even stamina, just good punching power and toughness. He fights like he's drunk actually, just kind of staggering around the ring and trying to land sloppy haymakers. And he'll throw you to the ground if you let him, so don't tie up with him.

The most important thing is that you have good stamina, because his is terrible. How many rounds is this thing anyways?

The reason I'm trying to give you advice is because a Charlie Zelenoff victory will be a victory for ISH. So train hard boy. Then again, another embarassing Charlie Zelenoff loss will be something to laugh about for ISH, so either way we win.

I've repped like 3 people in this thread so far. You guys are what makes my work day go by quickly. Thank you all. And a grand thank you to Charles Z. ISH without you is like Kool Aid without the suga, baby!
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #20
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default The Official Charlie Zelenoff Lost Again Thread!!!

Charlie "The Russian Disappointment" Zelenoff lost again.

Just thought I'd get it over with.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:23 PM   #21
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Official Charlie Zelenoff Lost Again Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Charlie "The Russian Disappointment" Zelenoff lost again.

Just thought I'd get it over with.

Kid's such a f'n joker
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #22
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm bookmarking this for when Chuck finds you and knocks your teeth down your throat.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #23
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

link?
Quizno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #24
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
link?
This is for future reference.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #25
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #26
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
link?

Classic b*tch move by Charlie. Post way too many "hype" videos from youtube; videos of him rapping, punching pillows and punching bags, talking s*it.

Once he loses the fight he talks up endlessly, there's no video to be seen? Priceless.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #27
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This guy?

daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #28
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor

Love it
Old 06-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #29
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chuckster, since we all know you're the better fighter, how did you let a winless fighter kick the living shit out of you? Honestly, it's a good thing I wasn't in Vegas, Chuck, you woulda cost me my bankroll.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #30
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Chuckster, since we all know you're the better fighter, how did you let a winless fighter kick the living shit out of you? Honestly, it's a good thing I wasn't in Vegas, Chuck, you woulda cost me my bankroll.

This. Don't be a poor loser. Show us your insane tenacity and talent
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: