Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 06-08-2009, 02:47 AM   #1156
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people
Default Re: June 7: Magic @ Lakers, Game 2 (NBA Finals)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Any non-Lakers fans in here want to give me their unbiased opinion of the final play? I just want to make sure I'm not going crazy and turning into a Magic fan without even knowing it.

Yeah it probably should have been called according to rules, but the way I see it, it balanced out because Dwight should have gotten called for that in the first quarter. Also, Courtney Lee hit it too hard off the glass, I don't think it ever had a chance of going in regardless of whether Gasol hit the rim or not.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:47 AM   #1157
NewYorkUSCtrojan
Man w/NBA Inside info

NewYorkUSCtrojan has an OK reputation so far

QUEENS JAMES fans complaining about calls???

NewYorkUSCtrojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:52 AM   #1158
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfm767
edit: Please note...I went into this series rooting for everything that is againts LA. But Kobe fans annoyed me in the Game 1 thread and made me even more of a biased hater who really doesn't like the lakers and have completely lost the last drop of racional judgement.

You've only been on this board since last month and have 19 posts. RBA is one of the best Cavs fans and posters on this site. You = Zero credibility Learn how to use the English language as well.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:02 AM   #1159
rfm767
Local High School Star

rfm767 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayrfm767 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
You've only been on this board since last month and have 19 posts. RBA is one of the best Cavs fans and posters on this site. You = Zero credibility Learn how to use the English language as well.

4 things:

1- Sorry i don't do the research of every poster i respond to...sigh
2- In that post, he wasn't honest about rooting for LA coming to this series imo
3- English is not my first language and i really doubt your spanish is as good as my english.
4- I have 20 posts

Cheers.

Last edited by rfm767 : 06-08-2009 at 03:12 AM.
rfm767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:20 AM   #1160
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
Yeah it probably should have been called according to rules, but the way I see it, it balanced out because Dwight should have gotten called for that in the first quarter. Also, Courtney Lee hit it too hard off the glass, I don't think it ever had a chance of going in regardless of whether Gasol hit the rim or not.

Here are the rules directly from the NBA website:

RULE NO. 11—BASKET INTERFERENCE—GOALTENDING

Section I—A Player Shall Not:

- a. Touch the ball or the basket ring when the ball is using the basket ring as its lower base or hang on the rim while the ball is passing through.
EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder, or if, in such action, he touches the basket.

- b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.

- c. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball, which has a chance to score, after it has touched any part of the backboard above ring level, whether the ball is considered on its upward or downward flight.

- d. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball, which has a chance to score, after it has touched the backboard below the ring level and while the ball is on its upward flight.

- e. Trap the ball against the face of the backboard after it has been released. (To be a trapped ball, three elements must exist simultaneously. The hand, the ball and the backboard must all occur at the same time. A batted ball against the backboard is not a trapped ball.)

- f. Touch any ball from within the playing area that is on its downward flight with an opportunity to score. This is considered to be a “field goal attempt” or trying for a goal.

- g. Touch the ball at any time with a hand which is through the basket ring.

- h. Vibrate the rim, net or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce, or bend or move the rim to an off-center position when the ball is touching the ring or passing through.

- i. Touch the rim, net or ball while the ball is in the net, preventing it from clearing the basket.

PENALTY: If the violation is at the opponent’s basket, the offended team is awarded two points, if the attempt is from the two point zone and three points if it is from the three point zone. The crediting of the score and subsequent procedure is the same as if the awarded score has resulted from the ball having gone through the basket, except that the official shall hand the ball to a player of the team entitled to the throw-in. If the violation is
at a team’s own basket, no points can be scored and the ball is awarded to the offended team at the free throw line extended on either sideline. If there is a violation by both teams, no points can be scored, play shall be resumed by a jump ball between any two opponents in the game at the center circle.

Please explain why it should have been called according to the rules.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:34 AM   #1161
rfm767
Local High School Star

rfm767 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayrfm767 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllEffEll

- a. Touch the ball or the basket ring when the ball is using the basket ring as its lower base or hang on the rim while the ball is passing through.
EXCEPTION: If a player near his own basket has his hand legally in contact with the ball, it is not a violation if his contact with the ball continues after the ball enters the cylinder, or if, in such action, he touches the basket.

- b. Touch the ball when it is above the basket ring and within the imaginary cylinder.

- c. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball, which has a chance to score, after it has touched any part of the backboard above ring level, whether the ball is considered on its upward or downward flight.

- d. During a field goal attempt, touch a ball, which has a chance to score, after it has touched the backboard below the ring level and while the ball is on its upward flight.

- e. Trap the ball against the face of the backboard after it has been released. (To be a trapped ball, three elements must exist simultaneously. The hand, the ball and the backboard must all occur at the same time. A batted ball against the backboard is not a trapped ball.)

- f. Touch any ball from within the playing area that is on its downward flight with an opportunity to score. This is considered to be a “field goal attempt” or trying for a goal.

- h. Vibrate the rim, net or backboard so as to cause the ball to make an unnatural bounce, or bend or move the rim to an off-center position when the ball is touching the ring or passing through.

- i. Touch the rim, net or ball while the ball is in the net, preventing it from clearing the basket.

PENALTY: If the violation is at the opponent’s basket, the offended team is awarded two points, if the attempt is from the two point zone and three points if it is from the three point zone. The crediting of the score and subsequent procedure is the same as if the awarded score has resulted from the ball having gone through the basket, except that the official shall hand the ball to a player of the team entitled to the throw-in. If the violation is
at a team’s own basket, no points can be scored and the ball is awarded to the offended team at the free throw line extended on either sideline. If there is a violation by both teams, no points can be scored, play shall be resumed by a jump ball between any two opponents in the game at the center circle.

Given this undeniable evidence, the jury has come to a verdict; Pau Gasol is innocent of goal tending. Nevertheless we found him guilty upon the charges of being a great O & D player and so he is sentenced to win his first NBA championship in 4 games. This court is dismissed.
rfm767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:37 AM   #1162
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This game will haunt Lee's dreams for years...
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:41 AM   #1163
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

LakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
This game will haunt Lee's dreams for years...

The last minute with 2 go ahead layup bricks will ring in his mind. Along side Nick Andersons non-ft-makes.
LakersLaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:53 AM   #1164
rawimpact
Banned

rawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected posterrawimpact is a pretty well-respected poster

really have to give stan props for going to a rookie for the game winner. and hey rfm, go check out the goaltend commited by dwight on pau's shot/dunk. That should have been called, GAME OVER.
rawimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:41 AM   #1165
Torious
Great young streetballer

Torious has an OK reputation so far

at the people crying for a goaltending on the last play in regulation. Even if his inadvertant contact with the net moved the basket by a millimeter or two, it didn't effect the shot and there was no intention.

99 times out of 100 this isn't (and shouldn't be) called in a regular season game and you expect them to make that call on the last, potentially game deciding play of an NBA finals game?

I feel a bit sorry for Lee, though. The young guy pretty much blew 2 winning shots in the last minute or so and probably doesn't feel too good about it.
Torious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:24 AM   #1166
seanlakers
I hit open layups

seanlakers has an OK reputation so far

That was some epic rules smack just laid down. What Howard did was a goal tend. What Gasol did was not.

People that make up imaginary rules and then peddle them as gospel need to get a grip.
seanlakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #1167
justin43
Good High School Starter

justin43 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllEffEll

Epic post.
justin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #1168
shanethetrain
I airball my layups

shanethetrain has an OK reputation so far

Last night's game hurt me more than game 2 in Cleveland for some reason.

We had so many missed opportunities last night. If just one of Lee's 2 layups in the last 10 seconds would have went in we would be tied 1-1 right now.

I don't know what to think, I am too frustrated. I am confident that our team is capable of pulling off 4 of the next 5, it just feels impossible for some reason.

Now the long wait until tipoff tomorrow night.
shanethetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #1169
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

RBA has really developed into a full fledged troll. Good lord

Even tries to cover it up with the whole "i'm neutral! i'm unbiased!" angle.

That goaltend is NOT something you decide the game on. Just like Lewis clearly slapping Kobe on the arm at the end of regulation is legally a shooting foul, but I don't see you crying about that
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #1170
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

All this bias ref talk is nonsense. Would you guys have been complaining if the Magic won by 2 points when that blatant goaltend on Howard wasn't called? Hell no!

RBA can whine about Gasol Goaltending (which Ell proved was not), but I don't see him complaining about one of if not the the most blatant goaltend this season.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: