Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 06-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #1171
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: June 7: Magic @ Lakers, Game 2 (NBA Finals)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
RBA can whine about Gasol Goaltending (which Ell proved was not), but I don't see him complaining about one of if not the the most blatant goaltend this season.
Yea but he is allegedly unbiased and neutral

If same thing happened to Lakers (which it did!!), you think he is in here furiously writing pages and pages of bullsh*t?
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #1172
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

If it's a clear goaltend, I want it called, end of the game or not.

By the rules, Lee's attempt at the end of the 4th was not affected in any way by Pau hitting the rim and the shot wasn't really close to going in anyway. No call would be correct every time that happens.

Damn gutsy play called by SVG (who incidently, seemed to have no issue with any possible goaltend in his postgame comments). I sincerely admire the attempt and TBH, it would have been one of the best game winners in finals history. I want my team to call plays like that

It would have been a significant dagger for them to take that game, but it doesn't signal the end of the series by any stretch. So far, the Lakers have merey held serve and done what they needed to do at home.

The Lakers have proven they can beat the Magic in a close game at Staples and the Magic have shown that Game 1 was an anamoly. Even though they shot below their standards again, they came close to taking this game. This Magic team is one of the most resilient and I expect them to shoot much better at home.

This could end up being a very competitive series to say the least. I'd be very surprised if Orlando doesn't win at least two of these games at their place.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #1173
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Poor old Courtney Lee will be having nightmares if this is his last finals appearence for a number of years...what a chance he had to be the hero. Orlando really should of took advantage of big games from Lewis and Hedo.

Them winning all 3 in Orlando and 4 of the next 5 is unlikely.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #1174
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hope the Lakers put all these (wish I could say Orlando fans) but haters out of their misery soon and win the NBA title so they can go on with their lives.

Lakers won because they made plays down the stretch plain and simple. Have a Coke and a smile and shut the f*ck up.

NOW LAKESHOW WIN GAME 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #1175
chopchop20
National High School Star

chopchop20 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
I hope the Lakers put all these (wish I could say Orlando fans) but haters out of their misery soon and win the NBA title so they can go on with their lives.

Lakers won because they made plays down the stretch plain and simple. Have a Coke and a smile and shut the f*ck up.

I'm expecting the Lakers to come out like they did in Game 6 vs Denver. Also, Kobe will atone for his C minus performance.
chopchop20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #1176
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

don juan de marco has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
Coming up after the Kobe interview will be a touching shot of him meeting his wife and kids in an effort to make him seem like a great guy.

why do you hate the Lakers so much? Why arent you fishing with Oden?
don juan de marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:20 PM   #1177
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by derman
the refs helped the Fakers alot in the last 4 min of regular time

how was that at offensive foul by hedo at 3:17 left in the 4th ? 2 points stolen by the refs in crunch time.

stop being bias, hedo used his off arm to shove ariza. thats an offensive foul, however MJ used the same move on B Russell and didnt get an offensive foul.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #1178
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
Those are hard shots for a rookie.. Still he should have made one of those... GASOL HIT THE RIM ON THAT SHOT.. Is that a goal tend?

lol stop crying. What about in the first quarter when Howard hand went threw the rim to block Gasol shot. Was that a goal tend?

Magic could of won if Lee made that layup but he didnt
Old 06-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #1179
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I love when you guys complain. Half of you aren't even Magic fans.

Who's the worst on this board? My vote goes for Bruceblitz or NBAStatman.

lolol i say Rosecity. He has this sick grudge against the Lakers when it is the Rockets who he should be angry with. Still i thank the rockets bcuz i dont like the lakers chances against the Blazers.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #1180
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think Kobe is acting when he's hugging his family. I seriously doubt he's hugging them for the cameras.

Kobe's fake personality only extends to interviews.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #1181
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop20
I'm expecting the Lakers to come out like they did in Game 6 vs Denver. Also, Kobe will atone for his C minus performance.

That's what I think. Kobe said they made good adjustments to him and he struggled reading the defense in game two. I think he and Phil will make the proper adjustments game three and the Lakers will rip their hearts out.

I want the title ASAP!!! GO LAKES!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #1182
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Any other Laker fans frustrated that Kobe took the bad shot with a second left instead of passing to a WIDE OPEN Ariza or Odom. Looking back it doesn't matter, but come on, they were both wide open.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #1183
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Any other Laker fans frustrated that Kobe took the bad shot with a second left instead of passing to a WIDE OPEN Ariza or Odom. Looking back it doesn't matter, but come on, they were both wide open.

YUP

I saw that. Ariza had the wide open look and Kobe forced the shot with 3 cats on him. But hey if he makes it we would be praising Kobe as well. Just one of those things.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #1184
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner

I'm gonna bite, the game was won during regulation time IMO...I was really impressed with the officials job, up until the last 5 minutes of the game, there was a succession of these very odd calls happening all at once, then I started to see the same old bs Ive seen all series long with the Lakers...Kobe's drive to the hole, replays show no contact, commentators say no contact but the refs saw otherwise...Other instance was a Kobe flop to the floor with no-one touching him, foul was called, again, replays show no contact, commentators said no contact and again refs call the foul...I just get upset that time and time again when the lakers are in a close game, they get bailed out by ref calls...To me it feels that the opposing team is fighting both the refs and the Lakers, which when you get calls at the time of the game and its in your favour 9 times out of 10 you will win...i don't deny that I dislike the Lakers and Kobe, I just want to see Kobe just play the game, without the cheating and whining bs, and play without ref assistance too, then we shall see how good they really are...I apologise to the good Lakers fans out there who FOLLOW this team, but that's the way I saw it, I always look at both sides of it too...I think Orlando deserved to get punished for their one dimensional play, Howard isnt having enough of an impact to get them over the line either...Not entirely his fault, but he needs to stop whining about the ref calls and get on with it, its not in his nature to whine like he has this series...Its been a good finals series to watch though, plenty of close games and drama
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #1185
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by don juan de marco
stop being bias, hedo used his off arm to shove ariza. thats an offensive foul, however MJ used the same move on B Russell and didnt get an offensive foul.

Your right, that was a clear foul on Hedo, he used his arm to push off defender, the right call by the ref...
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: