Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 06-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #1186
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is a pretty well-respected posterpoido123 is a pretty well-respected posterpoido123 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: June 7: Magic @ Lakers, Game 2 (NBA Finals)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
All this bias ref talk is nonsense. Would you guys have been complaining if the Magic won by 2 points when that blatant goaltend on Howard wasn't called? Hell no!

RBA can whine about Gasol Goaltending (which Ell proved was not), but I don't see him complaining about one of if not the the most blatant goaltend this season.

Goaltend, did I miss something? Show me a GIF...
poido123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #1187
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is a pretty well-respected posterpoido123 is a pretty well-respected posterpoido123 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
All this bias ref talk is nonsense. Would you guys have been complaining if the Magic won by 2 points when that blatant goaltend on Howard wasn't called? Hell no!

RBA can whine about Gasol Goaltending (which Ell proved was not), but I don't see him complaining about one of if not the the most blatant goaltend this season.

There was one or two borderline goaltends from Odom, but all evens out...
Old 06-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #1188
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
I don't think Kobe is acting when he's hugging his family. I seriously doubt he's hugging them for the cameras.

Kobe's fake personality only extends to interviews.

Don't beleive it!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:28 PM   #1189
NewYorkUSCtrojan
Man w/NBA Inside info

NewYorkUSCtrojan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Goaltend, did I miss something? Show me a GIF...
NewYorkUSCtrojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #1190
Hotshoot
Decent playground baller

Hotshoot has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkUSCtrojan
Dwight gets away with lot of touching the nets (interference call?)
Hotshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #1191
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'm gonna bite, the game was won during regulation time IMO...I was really impressed with the officials job, up until the last 5 minutes of the game, there was a succession of these very odd calls happening all at once, then I started to see the same old bs Ive seen all series long with the Lakers...Kobe's drive to the hole, replays show no contact, commentators say no contact but the refs saw otherwise...Other instance was a Kobe flop to the floor with no-one touching him, foul was called, again, replays show no contact, commentators said no contact and again refs call the foul...I just get upset that time and time again when the lakers are in a close game, they get bailed out by ref calls...To me it feels that the opposing team is fighting both the refs and the Lakers, which when you get calls at the time of the game and its in your favour 9 times out of 10 you will win...i don't deny that I dislike the Lakers and Kobe, I just want to see Kobe just play the game, without the cheating and whining bs, and play without ref assistance too, then we shall see how good they really are...I apologise to the good Lakers fans out there who FOLLOW this team, but that's the way I saw it, I always look at both sides of it too...I think Orlando deserved to get punished for their one dimensional play, Howard isnt having enough of an impact to get them over the line either...Not entirely his fault, but he needs to stop whining about the ref calls and get on with it, its not in his nature to whine like he has this series...Its been a good finals series to watch though, plenty of close games and drama

OK....you want to argue about star athletes like Kobe (and it's NOT JUST Kobe and the Lakers who get this treatment) then that is a whole other topic that has been and will be debated on another thread. You want to argue about Home teams getting calls (It does NOT JUST happen with the Lakers) that could be up to debate in another thread as well.
But that did not decide the game period. Magic more then had their chances to win the game but did not make the plays in OT.

Quote:
I just want to see Kobe just play the game, without the cheating and whining bs, and play without ref assistance too,

WOULD YOU PLEASE give us a break with that f*cking BS. Cheating? The man is cheating by what flopping and getting a call here or two. It's part of the game you ignorant f*ck like it or not. And if you so happen NOT to notice plenty of other players do this as well.

This guy made a career of it...

So cut the Kobe Bryant cheats BS you should be better then that.
I had respect in what you wrote until I read that BS.

Last edited by crisoner : 06-08-2009 at 07:53 PM.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #1192
mbell75
Another title in LA :)

mbell75 is considered somewhat coolmbell75 is considered somewhat coolmbell75 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Any other Laker fans frustrated that Kobe took the bad shot with a second left instead of passing to a WIDE OPEN Ariza or Odom. Looking back it doesn't matter, but come on, they were both wide open.

How mane game winners have Ariza or Odom hit in a crucial Finals game?

I will live with Kobe shooting that every time.
mbell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:39 AM   #1193
hoss805
I airball my layups

hoss805 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'm gonna bite, the game was won during regulation time IMO...I was really impressed with the officials job, up until the last 5 minutes of the game, there was a succession of these very odd calls happening all at once, then I started to see the same old bs Ive seen all series long with the Lakers...Kobe's drive to the hole, replays show no contact, commentators say no contact but the refs saw otherwise...Other instance was a Kobe flop to the floor with no-one touching him, foul was called, again, replays show no contact, commentators said no contact and again refs call the foul...I just get upset that time and time again when the lakers are in a close game, they get bailed out by ref calls...To me it feels that the opposing team is fighting both the refs and the Lakers, which when you get calls at the time of the game and its in your favour 9 times out of 10 you will win...i don't deny that I dislike the Lakers and Kobe, I just want to see Kobe just play the game, without the cheating and whining bs, and play without ref assistance too, then we shall see how good they really are...I apologise to the good Lakers fans out there who FOLLOW this team, but that's the way I saw it, I always look at both sides of it too...I think Orlando deserved to get punished for their one dimensional play, Howard isnt having enough of an impact to get them over the line either...Not entirely his fault, but he needs to stop whining about the ref calls and get on with it, its not in his nature to whine like he has this series...Its been a good finals series to watch though, plenty of close games and drama
BUT.....

You didn't notice when tukeyglu hit the ball out of kobes hand and the refs said it touched kobes knee before going out of bounds.
or..
when fisher got pushed out of bounds .
or..
when kobe got pushed out of bounds when he made the 3 point shot that wasn't called.
there were a few calls you can argue with, but you can also say there were some pucked up calls going the other way.
your just complaining because of the outcome of the game,
if it was the other way around, you wouldn't be saying nothing
hoss805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:27 AM   #1194
cotdt
Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan

cotdt has not been impressing people

SVG should play big, and use his shooters, try this starting lineup:

C: Gortat
PF: Howard
SF:Rashard
PG:Turkoglu
SG:Petrius

Since Lakers are not guarding their PG's Alston and Nelson, they are better off using an extra shooter instead, and have Turkoglu run the ball.
cotdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #1195
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotdt

Since Lakers are not guarding their PG's Alston and Nelson, they are better off using an extra shooter instead, and have Turkoglu run the ball.

Gortat and Dwight at the same time? wont happen..Orlando are more effective with 4 shooters on the floor....
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #1196
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss805
BUT.....

You didn't notice when tukeyglu hit the ball out of kobes hand and the refs said it touched kobes knee before going out of bounds.
or..
when fisher got pushed out of bounds .
or..
when kobe got pushed out of bounds when he made the 3 point shot that wasn't called.
there were a few calls you can argue with, but you can also say there were some pucked up calls going the other way.
your just complaining because of the outcome of the game,
if it was the other way around, you wouldn't be saying nothing

I give you the first point you made, I agree with that...

On the third point, from what I could see, unless you have a GIF to prove otherwise, Kobe recieved a slight nudge, but not really enough to warrant a foul, plus the defender was in his place, Kobe tried to move through him
almost.....

The second point, I may have missed that, GIF would help me analyse it, i dont mind looking at something that makes sense...

With all this said, it brings me to another point, there is a lot of calls that are missed or overused during a game for both team's, however when the game is in the balance, the most important period of all, bad decisions by refs 9 times out of 10, determine the game result...

And my most important point of all, that is the worst spelling of Turkoglu I have ever seen tukeyglu
Old 06-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #1197
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotdt

Mate, good post...I totally agree with you, its not like Fisher is gonna burn by anybody on a consistent basis, Turkoglu would eat him up on the other end anyways, I like this lineup suggestion to...Someone contact JVG!!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:11 AM   #1198
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
OK....you want to argue about star athletes like Kobe (and it's NOT JUST Kobe and the Lakers who get this treatment) then that is a whole other topic that has been and will be debated on another thread. You want to argue about Home teams getting calls (It does NOT JUST happen with the Lakers) that could be up to debate in another thread as well.
But that did not decide the game period. Magic more then had their chances to win the game but did not make the plays in OT.

WOULD YOU PLEASE give us a break with that f*cking BS. Cheating? The man is cheating by what flopping and getting a call here or two. It's part of the game you ignorant f*ck like it or not. And if you so happen NOT to notice plenty of other players do this as well.

This guy made a career of it...

So cut the Kobe Bryant cheats BS you should be better then that.
I had respect in what you wrote until I read that BS.

Kobe does cheat, and yes so do other players...I dont like it, but it happens, his insatiable drive to win at all costs, can often bring out the ugly side of Bryant, and Lakers fans have a hard time facing that...I'm not here to win cheap shots on the Lakers fans here, I'm only calling what I see, for many in ISH that is hard, no-one likes to give ground to an opposing opinion of their team...
I do see an underlying element in basketball that is not in the best interests of the game...While us fans continue to feed the stars of the NBA with our uncomprimising opinions of our teams and players, the more the league will lead agenda-driven outcomes of finals series, which ultimately will engulf the passion and the spirit of the game...Money must not take over the game...
Old 06-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #1199
KOBEfan85
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KOBEfan85 has an OK reputation so far

KOBEfan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #1200
Johnni Gade
High School Starter

Johnni Gade has no real reputation yet.

If magic had won with the buzzer beater it would have been a much better series.
Johnni Gade is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: