Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default If Heat does trade for Bosh.... then what?

Let's assume for a minute the Heat has just traded Michael Beasley, Daequan Cook, & the expiring deal of Mark Blount for Chris Bosh... Pat Riley... nice trade... now what?

It's already been seen that O'Neal & Bosh don't work well together, and paying a guy $23M to sit on the bench while starting Bosh/Haslem is pretty much not an option.

The team is still facing luxury tax, and now your guard rotation has grown a little more thin. Can that team really win a championship? If not, what realistic trades or free agent acquisitions will push them to a contending team?
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If Heat does trade for Bosh.... then what?

Any team with Bosh at starting centre is in trouble. Trade Haslem for a center. Perkins type player. Jermaine is going to be very appealing to a lot of teams since he's an expirer.

What I'm saying is, after trading Beasley, Cook and Blount, we should be looking to trade Haslem for a center, and Jermaine for a guy like Hinrich and Travis Outlaw type players.

I'm happy with our SG and PF spots at the moment. Solid starter and solid backup. Particularly if the trade with Bosh happens.

I would like to see something like this:

PG: Hinrich (through trade), Chalmers
SG: Wade, Cook
SF: Outlaw/Posey (through trade), Jones
PF: Bosh, draftee
C: Kaman (anyone who can grab rebounds and block some shots ffs), draftee
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Well, first, I don't think Toronto would only want Beasley. They just opened up another spot in the rotation for a SG/SF combo guard by trading Kapono, and I'm sure they like the potential of Cook along with Beasley. And you have to agree Beasley + Cook is about fair for Bosh.

Next, I could realistically see something like Kaman's long term deal being traded for Haslem + additional player. He's an efficient expirer, who would fit as a better mentor/bench player for Griffin than holding Randolph's $17M contract on the bench. I could also realistically see something like Hinrich + Tim Thomas + Jerome James for Jermaine O'Neal. But I still don't think it's a contending team, because our starting SF, and the bench as a total outside of Chalmers/Thomas wouldn't be good enough:

PG: Hinrich/Chalmers
SG: Wade/ Wright
SF: Jones/ Moon
PF: Bosh / T. Thomas
C: Kaman / ???

When the best bench players on the team are Chalmers and/or Tim Thomas, you can't even pretend to think your a contending team. There aren't any more trading pieces to get players like Outlaw or Posey, and there isn't much talent in the second round, so your hoping the Heat can buy/trade into the first round also.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:28 AM   #4
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would offer Wright instead of Cook.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:34 AM   #5
plowking
Banned

We could get Hinrich and Outlaw in the Jermaine trade. 3 way trade with Bulls and Portland. Bulls get the low post player in Jermaine that they need, and Portland get Gordon, the other guard who is better then Blake. Thus Roy can play PG for them.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #6
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I would offer Wright instead of Cook.

Doesn't Moon = Wright? They just traded away Moon, why would they take back another very similar player @ over double what they were paying Moon?

The point I'm trying to get across with this topic is, even if the Heat trade for Bosh, they won't be able to contend until 2010 when they can sign someone with the ~$15M cap space once JO expires. So why even trade for him now?

IMO, they should just wait until 2010, and try to hold onto Beasley.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:51 AM   #7
plowking
Banned

What if Toronto improves majorly next season and Bosh doesn't want to leave? What if another team offers trades to Toronto?

Bosh is hot property now. So now is when you go for him before he's gone.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #8
plowking
Banned

Seeing as the Bobcats don't have a true PF, how about going for Felton?

Haslem along with some other pieces for Felton and a pick.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:31 AM   #9
plowking
Banned

Hell even trading O'Neal to them, since he's an expirer, he will be very tempting, so the Bobcats are in contention in 2010 to get a star player for once. They need to rebuild if they want to get into the playoffs for the first time, and they know that.

O'Neal could possibly get us Okafor and Wallace. We throw in a pick and it should be something the Bobcats could seriously look at.

Give us a line up of:

Chalmers
Wade
Wallace
Bosh
Okafor

Now, that right there, is a championship team.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #10
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

SixersFan76 has an OK reputation so far

Those are good. You should also consider trading Quinn for Chris Paul and Blount for Dwight Howard.
SixersFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #11
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

Trading O'Neal for Wallace/Okafor is just a realistic as Davis/Kaman, which isn't realistic at all.

Anyway, what you say about Bosh improving, the same could be said about Beasley. I'd rather have Wade & Beasley @ his lowly $4M and tons of cap space heading into 2010, than Wade & Bosh and have basically none.

There is too much talent going on in 2010 for the Heat to jump the gun. Whether it's going after Amare, or trying to get both Chandler, and a wing player like Richard Jefferson.... either way, the Heat has more options than Bosh alone. If Beasley turns out to be a 20/10 player also, they will be kicking themselves for not holding onto him.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:18 PM   #12
sobeking
I airball my layups

sobeking has an OK reputation so far

I think regarding the decision of trading for Bosh, I guess it's wise to keep the options open and study the possibilities for this season already...
If there's a very good trade possibility for this season, we must get it done, but if not, them it's no issue because 2010 will have plenty of opportunities and the Heat will have enough bullets to take them.

That practically means the Heat don't make a trade unless it's a very good one. No need for gambling with high risk hands.

Now, the thread is about if we DO trade for Chris Bosh, them what the Heat do? ... IMO the best option is to trade Jermaine O'Neal for Kirk Hinrich + fillers.
sobeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #13
plowking
Banned

As far as I see it, it goes like this:

For the next 5 years we're decent at the SG and PF spot. The places which we need to improve on are PG, SF and C.

At point guard we need a starter. Trading Haslem for someone like Kirk Hinrich would be great. Good shooter and can create for others. The perfect player for Wade.

At SF we need another starter. James Jones is good enough to be a back up, though Diawara and Wright really aren't good enough, as much as I hate to say that about Wright. Gerald Wallace is a great pick up. As is someone like Richard Jefferson. We need either a good defensive foward here, or a good shooter to compliment Wade on offense. Expirers will be enough IMO to get someone like this. Charlotte has never been in the playoffs, and with an expirer like JO, they will be able to try and lure a star to play for them, which they have never had.

Now at C, once again, we need a starter who can rebound. Clippers, Charlotte or New Orleans being the most likely sources.
Kaman or Camby would be a great pick up from the Clippers. Same goes with Okafor, even though he is slightly overpaid. New Orleans we could target Chandler seeing as they are strapped for cash.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #14
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation

The Heat are sitting on gold.

23 million expiring contract...

can you imagine what you can get in return?

Haslem is also expiring...

I would Trade Haslem, Beasley and blount for Chris Bosh....Haslem does a buyout and comes back to miami after a month off.

Jermaine O neal is gold to the NY Knicks...or the Hornets...or the suns...or so many other teams wanting that massive pay drop the next year...

I want the heat to be contenders again...love to watch wade...and i believe in a match of wade vs lebron with equal supporting cast...wade will win...i just know it...

anyway...cmon heat get back in the convo...
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #15
lukekarts
Local High School Star

lukekarts has an OK reputation so far

Ok, on the assumption we do the first trade suggested at the start, we then turn our expirers into assets for other teams.

1. Trade Jermaine O'Neal for one of:

- Kirk Hinrich & Luol Deng

- Tyson Chandler, James Posey, Morris Peterson

- Emeka Okafor, Diop, Radmanovic

2. Trade Jones & Haslem for anyone more valuable on a longer term deal.

e.g. Jones & Haslem for an upgraded SF e.g. Deng, or Jones for a better backup point e.g. Jarret Jack, or even a better backup SG/SF e.g. Dunleavy

Could lead to a lineup of:

Chalmers / Jack
Wade / Peterson
Deng / Posey
Bosh / Haslem
Chandler / Anthony

or

Chalmers / Beverley
Wade / Dunleavy
Moon / Radmanovic
Bosh / Diop
Okafor / Anthony

A reasonably realistic scenario I think... and one good enough to turn the big 3 in the east into a big 4.
lukekarts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: