Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 06-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #16
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: If Heat does trade for Bosh.... then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukekarts
Ok, on the assumption we do the first trade suggested at the start, we then turn our expirers into assets for other teams.

1. Trade Jermaine O'Neal for one of:

- Kirk Hinrich & Luol Deng

- Tyson Chandler, James Posey, Morris Peterson

- Emeka Okafor, Diop, Radmanovic

2. Trade Jones & Haslem for anyone more valuable on a longer term deal.

e.g. Jones & Haslem for an upgraded SF e.g. Deng, or Jones for a better backup point e.g. Jarret Jack, or even a better backup SG/SF e.g. Dunleavy

Could lead to a lineup of:

Chalmers / Jack
Wade / Peterson
Deng / Posey
Bosh / Haslem
Chandler / Anthony

or

Chalmers / Beverley
Wade / Dunleavy
Moon / Radmanovic
Bosh / Diop
Okafor / Anthony

A reasonably realistic scenario I think... and one good enough to turn the big 3 in the east into a big 4.

I think O'Neal for Chander/Posey/Petersen is the most realistic (and I actually came up with the same trade idea before), but do you think Riley would pull the trigger on 3 major trades in one offseason? how realistic is that aspect that on top of the Bosh & Chandler trades, we can still either upgrade SF or PG?

At best I could see:

PG: Chalmers/ Beverley
SG: Wade / Petersen
SF: Posey / Jones
PF: Bosh / Haslem
C: Chandler / Anthony

Which is a really good core depth chart... but not nearly good enough at PG. Wade is essentially creating for everyone else except Bosh. Nobody except Wade & Bosh can create their own shot consistently... what happens when both are out of the game either for rest purposes or foul trouble?

Chalmers would have to come out like Rondo did in his second year... when he was able to find a way to create shots for others, and helped lead them to a championship.

Last edited by beasted86 : 06-29-2009 at 02:34 PM.
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #17
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

I wouldnt trade at all. Start Chalmers, Wade, whoever, haslem, oneal.... beasley off the bench. We have a tidy competitive team with room to grow right now. Let Oneal expire then make a bid on the FA's. next season will once again be wherever wade takes us.. 1st maybe 2nd round.
G-train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:56 AM   #18
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
I wouldnt trade at all. Start Chalmers, Wade, whoever, haslem, oneal.... beasley off the bench. We have a tidy competitive team with room to grow right now. Let Oneal expire then make a bid on the FA's. next season will once again be wherever wade takes us.. 1st maybe 2nd round.

You're plain crazy if you think Beasley should come off the bench again next season.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:57 AM   #19
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasted86
You're plain crazy if you think Beasley should come off the bench again next season.

aaahhh no im not. If anything you are showing a lack of knowledge of what this team needs over 48 minutes.
He will still play 33 minutes or so. If he starts the bench we will get walloped. It would be better to have Haslem's consistency, rebounding and defence to begin. Beasley is still a very young and developing player.
G-train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #20
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

The issue is Haslem is an expiring deal while Beasley is the future of the franchise (or will be traded for a piece worthy to be future of the franchise). So we need to develop him as quickly as possible... by starting against the elite talents in the league. Whether to see what we have going into 2010 (whether SF/PF, and who's game would mesh with Wade + Beasley), or to showcase his talent for a trade.

There has never been a 1st or 2nd overall pick to come off the bench in back to back seasons. It would really be a waste to do such a thing.

If Riley needed more bench scoring, he could've traded down in the draft, or he can trade Haslem for a better rotation player. No way should Beasley come off the bench again next season. That's just plain dumb.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #21
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation

man i hope you guys land bosh...it would be a sick combo...time to get the other players around wade...

maybe a boozer+kirilinko for jermaine O neal deal...

Chalmers/Wade/Haslem are the core...from there its a matter of who can the heat trade for what...
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 02:17 AM   #22
TBone
I airball my layups

TBone has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixersFan76
Those are good. You should also consider trading Quinn for Chris Paul and Blount for Dwight Howard.

Now that was funny!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #23
TBone
I airball my layups

TBone has decent reputation

Man, on Heat.com, the rumor mill is going crazy with all the Odom talk. I actually like our team right now. They're young but they'll be better this year due to the fact they've had more time to play together.
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:17 AM   #24
Cggamer12
I brick open layups

Cggamer12 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba24
man i hope you guys land bosh...it would be a sick combo...time to get the other players around wade...

maybe a boozer+kirilinko for jermaine O neal deal...

Chalmers/Wade/Haslem are the core...from there its a matter of who can the heat trade for what...
Agreed that it would be great for the Heat to land Chris Bosh

But O'Neal for Boozer and Kirilenko? That doesn't make any sense for the Jazz whatsoever.
Cggamer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: