Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #16
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: James Harden Can U See It Happen

Harden gives us much more options on the court as opposed to Rubio. Harden can play the 2, the 3 and also be an off the bench scorer. Not to mention, he's a very good play maker and has a good head on his shoulders.

Having Harden allows us to run that lineup I mention in my first post in this thread. Not as a starting lineup, but that lineup could see big minutes together. Sure, it put's a bit on the small side, but there's excellent atheticism and very good long range shooting there. Along with Gasol who brings the post presence and is a huge body on defense who doesn't mind getting a bit rough.

Right now, I want Harden. Unless we are able to get some fantastic deal that brings in an excellent PF.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #17
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Harden gives us much more options on the court as opposed to Rubio. Harden can play the 2, the 3 and also be an off the bench scorer. Not to mention, he's a very good play maker and has a good head on his shoulders.

Having Harden allows us to run that lineup I mention in my first post in this thread. Not as a starting lineup, but that lineup could see big minutes together. Sure, it put's a bit on the small side, but there's excellent atheticism and very good long range shooting there. Along with Gasol who brings the post presence and is a huge body on defense who doesn't mind getting a bit rough.

Right now, I want Harden. Unless we are able to get some fantastic deal that brings in an excellent PF.

I concur
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #18
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Harden's workout for the Kings,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf5ye0Fc4oo&e
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #19
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

BigSims2108 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

OK. So what do you guys think. If we did that trade with the kings, if we actually ended up with Thompson and the #4, there is still a possibility that Harden might be gone by then. OKC really like him as well. In fact, after looking at both team's rosters,I hate to say it, but it looks like he's a better fit for the Thunder than the Griz
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:38 AM   #20
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:

Grizz need to get this cat.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #21
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Ehhh.

Better than Thabeet.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #22
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Ehhh.

Better than Thabeet.

At this rate, I'm more willing to take BJ Mullins that Thabeet!:
Old 06-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #23
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSims2108
At this rate, I'm more willing to take BJ Mullins that Thabeet!:
I like both and think both are going to be very good in the NBA.

But if we cant get a deal for Rubio we're going to end up reaching for a player like Harden at #2.

Hes a solid player but is he the 2nd best player in the NBA Draft?

Do we want to draft a 6th Man with the #2 pick?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #24
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

Quote:

But if we cant get a deal for Rubio we're going to end up reaching for a player like Harden at #2.

I know for one that if Thabeet isn't drafted at 2 or 3, he could go down as low as 12 from what I've read. Not to mention that a trade with the Knicks is looking worse everyday because Curry is impressing everyone he works out for. It will be an interesting night. I just pray we come out with a PF June 25 because I don't see a PF in free agency who would actually be willing to come here that can help us.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #25
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Harden kinda reminds me of Eric Gordon. A not so athletic 2, with an NBA able body. That's just from watching highlights and that workout video.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #26
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
I know for one that if Thabeet isn't drafted at 2 or 3, he could go down as low as 12 from what I've read. Not to mention that a trade with the Knicks is looking worse everyday because Curry is impressing everyone he works out for. It will be an interesting night. I just pray we come out with a PF June 25 because I don't see a PF in free agency who would actually be willing to come here that can help us.
There is no way Thabeet falls to 12 unless he gets a serious injury or has health concerns.

Hes a very good defensive player and will definetly be a factor when any player drives to the basket, even if he is a more polished version of Shawn Bradley.

I think we have a good shot at Big Baby or Milsap, the problem is that we're likely going to overpay for one of them.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #27
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

Quote:
There is no way Thabeet falls to 12 unless he gets a serious injury or has health concerns.

Hes a very good defensive player and will definetly be a factor when any player drives to the basket, even if he is a more polished version of Shawn Bradley.

I think we have a good shot at Big Baby or Milsap, the problem is that we're likely going to overpay for one of them.

K. Which do you want more? I mean, if Boozer stays in Utah, I think we should take a shot at getting Millsap because he isn't even been given a million a year yet. I would think the Pistons could go after Lee, but I don't know what Joe Dumars has up his sleeve.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #28
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
K. Which do you want more? I mean, if Boozer stays in Utah, I think we should take a shot at getting Millsap because he isn't even been given a million a year yet. I would think the Pistons could go after Lee, but I don't know what Joe Dumars has up his sleeve.
No matter what we will have to overpay for Milsap because he is a RFA.

If Boozer stays in Utah, I doubt Utah would go over $8 Million per year to keep Milsap as basically a 6th Man PF/C.

But I'd take Davis, something about his swagger & his willingness to work on his game makes me interested in him and he'd probably be cheaper than Milsap.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #29
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:

Wasnt dwayne wade drafted fifth? And he was a steal. Harden will be good and this is a weak draft. Just like the draft in 06. If we cant get rubio or trade him for something. Then we need to take harden.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #30
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Wasnt dwayne wade drafted fifth? And he was a steal. Harden will be good and this is a weak draft. Just like the draft in 06. If we cant get rubio or trade him for something. Then we need to take harden.
This isnt a weak draft at all, this is probably one of the better drafts in terms of top to bottom talent.
There just isnt much hype in this draft, after Griffin there isnt really a marquee name to remember so people assume its weak.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: