Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 06-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #31
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: James Harden Can U See It Happen

The more I see Harden the more I want him.

He's just savy, can pass the ball reminds me of brandon roy.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #32
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

BigSims2108 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
The more I see Harden the more I want him.

He's just savy, can pass the ball reminds me of brandon roy.

If we really want him, should we move Rudy for a couple of veteran players? Or do you think Harden can deal with being a 6th man? If I sound crazy, please don't hesitate to tell me. It's cool

Last edited by BigSims2108 : 06-13-2009 at 07:51 PM.
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #33
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I feel sorry Memphis fans, Im a bulls guy but I follow the grizz closely because I live around the area.(sort of). You guys get the #2 and the next best two prospects are the positions you guys already solidly have. So I have a little idea!

How about you trade down in the draft to say five with minny and you get the obvious fifth pick back and get back Kevin Love.and send away HACK. then you can draft steph curry to give get an excellent bench guard which seems to be a big lack.

Or you could go to the sixth and get david lee's contract and re-sign him and get the sixth pick and draft Harden, since most of you guys want him, personally I like DeRozan more I think he's a poor man's kobe. but that's a story for another thread.

I am welcome to post on these forums here as long as I don't come up with some terribly stupid crap right?
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #34
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I feel sorry Memphis fans, Im a bulls guy but I follow the grizz closely because I live around the area.(sort of). You guys get the #2 and the next best two prospects are the positions you guys already solidly have. So I have a little idea!

How about you trade down in the draft to say five with minny and you get the obvious fifth pick back and get back Kevin Love.and send away HACK. then you can draft steph curry to give get an excellent bench guard which seems to be a big lack.

Or you could go to the sixth and get david lee's contract and re-sign him and get the sixth pick and draft Harden, since most of you guys want him, personally I like DeRozan more I think he's a poor man's kobe. but that's a story for another thread.

I am welcome to post on these forums here as long as I don't come up with some terribly stupid crap right?

You obviously never seen derozan play. I go to USC and ive seen him in practice, warmups etc...he has ZERO jumper. nothing like kobe at all.

more like iguodala if anyone (without the passing)
Old 06-14-2009, 12:15 AM   #35
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSims2108
If we really want him, should we move Rudy for a couple of veteran players? Or do you think Harden can deal with being a 6th man? If I sound crazy, please don't hesitate to tell me. It's cool

No i dont think we should move Rudy...

The whole point of drafting harden to me is to solidify our bench.

He will be instant offense and is a tremendous passer similar to Brandon Roy.

Our first squad last year held there own but once we went to our bench thats where games were lost.

I do think we should make some trades though, maybe darko or jaric
Old 06-14-2009, 12:20 AM   #36
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

BigSims2108 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
No i dont think we should move Rudy...

The whole point of drafting harden to me is to solidify our bench.

He will be instant offense and is a tremendous passer similar to Brandon Roy.

Our first squad last year held there own but once we went to our bench thats where games were lost.

I do think we should make some trades though, maybe darko or jaric

I'm all with that. Maybe we could trade Darko, Jaric and our other two picks to trade back into the lottery?
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:25 AM   #37
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like what I see with Harden, him being on the Grizzlies would be great. I actually think a OJ/James duo could do some serious damage in the NBA.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:59 AM   #38
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

i think memphies will pick rubio .. so that they can trade harden and possibly get another pick in the first round ...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:00 AM   #39
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Harden would most likely be coming off the bench. Which, if we keep Hak, gives us a very solid 7 man rotation (if we find a solid PF). Throw in a couple of other pieces, such as a PG/shooter, a backup C and a defensive swingman and we have a pretty solid team.

However, it's much easier to say than do, much easier.

I like having Harden off the bench, because it gives us a huge scoring boost. Also, we could run with a lineup (as I've already mentioned) of...

Conley
Mayo
Harden
Gay
Gasol

...at times, that lineup could see plenty of minutes. Athletic and plenty of scoring and fastbreaks.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:58 AM   #40
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

I have very high hopes for Darrell Arthurs sophmore season.

but i might be the only one.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #41
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I'm really stuck between trade him or keep him. He had a poor rookie season. Though he did have to deal with a couple of things, personally. He also started to play better when Hollins came along, but he was nowhere near consistent enough.

He really does need to do a lot of work this offseason to keep his minutes up.

I really do hope he can improve his game, because I like him as a player, but if he doesn't improve then there should be no place for him on this team.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #42
Maniak
CAVS FAN FOR LIFE

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

You arent alone, I think he will improve, too.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:42 PM   #43
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You obviously never seen derozan play. I go to USC and ive seen him in practice, warmups etc...he has ZERO jumper. nothing like kobe at all.

more like iguodala if anyone (without the passing)

I see your Iggy comparison but the main reason I like him is because of the fact he does good in everything, and has the potential to be a lot better in all of it.
Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #44
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I thought DeRozan was going to do well at USC, but he started off real slow and didn't completely show everyone what he is capable of. I think he might be a better pro than he was a college player. However, I'd be very wary on rolling the dice on the guy.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #45
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

yeah he has alot of potential his jumper is so weak though...

his form is freaking awful i saw him in shootaround airball 3 or 4 college threes.....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: