Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 06-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
1manfastbreak
still hyphy

Default Tiger Woods on Wii

i hit a hole in one on a par 3 at Pebble Beach.

has anyone else done this?
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

Default Re: Tiger Woods on Wii

can't say I have.

you on tiger woods 09?

tiger woods '10 comes out today with wii motion plus's debut.

supposed to be the best golf game ever made because of it!
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

i got the motion plus unit. Will download the game when it leaks. 09 had problems with the swing that the motion plus thing should really fix. If it does, it should be a really fun game.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
kentatm
NBA Legend

My brother is in town and he bought it.

I have never really been into golf games. I barely played the golf on Wii Sports. The only Tiger Woods I ever played was 03 on PS2 for one stroke that was a hole in one so I retired from it. I don't really play real golf either so I honestly have very little to compare this game to.

With that out of the way, I played 9 holes earlier and it is pretty fun. The swing seems like its truly one to one control and with some practice I can see myself hitting some killer shots. The control is pretty good IMO. I did not try it w/o motion plus however. The graphics have a slightly cartoon like style to them but I can't help but think EA is being extremely lazy and could do FAR better in this department. The character editor works well enough and is better than the ones EA usually puts in other games (if they even do it these days). Disk golf is pretty fun and makes me want to buy Wii Sports Resort to play a more robust version of it.

I have not tried the online and haven't really checked out any other features but I like it quite a but and am considering buying it. Since I have never purchased a golf game b/c they have always bored me I guess its a pretty good game.

IGN.com is slobbering all over it.

Quote:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Review
You will not find a better game of golf on any system, period.
by Matt Casamassina

June 9, 2009 - Last year, development studio Tiburon (Madden) took over the Wii incarnation of Tiger Woods and delivered system owners a great golfing experience that proved unparalleled -- even with a putting system that some felt could've been refined and a swing mechanic that didn't yet use MotionPlus. For this year's game EA has addressed all those issues and then some, crafting what is ultimately the most satisfyingly immersive and altogether entertaining golf simulation that money can buy, period. Let me tell you, the long-anticipated inclusion of MotionPlus swing controls has been worth the wait and and newly implemented precision putting system is sure to please those of you in search of a realistic recreation of the real thing. But the good news is that the development team has not stopped with these already-spectacular additions. PGA Tour 10 also features a robust selection of new courses and golfers, real-time weather effects, enhanced live tournaments over EA's online network and -- oh yeah -- a little something called disc golf, which is not only stupidly addictive, but exclusive to the Wii version of the sequel. Did I mention the title ships with MotionPlus included at a discounted price? You needn't keep reading if you only need to know whether to buy it or not. The answer is yes, yes and yes again. Run, if you're able.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/993/993199p1.html

Last edited by kentatm : 06-09-2009 at 08:38 PM.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

yeah, the fact that i, within the last 9 months or so, bought tiger woods '09 because i couldnt wait for this one with the motion plus is the only thing keeping me from picking this game up right away... controls were a bit frustrating too on that one

if this one's half as good as ign makes it sound, it'll def be worth it. i'm kinda going back and forth between this and the tennis game that was released today offering motion plus support as well.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
yeah, the fact that i, within the last 9 months or so, bought tiger woods '09 because i couldnt wait for this one with the motion plus is the only thing keeping me from picking this game up right away... controls were a bit frustrating too on that one

if this one's half as good as ign makes it sound, it'll def be worth it. i'm kinda going back and forth between this and the tennis game that was released today offering motion plus support as well.

its GOOD. its 09 with the control being better in the general swing and totally fixed for putting. REALLY GOOD.

the tennis, eh - i'd rent first. it doesn't feel like it's as tight with the remote as id like. i put it down and went back to golf.

Read teh IGN review. It's really spot on.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #7
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
its GOOD. its 09 with the control being better in the general swing and totally fixed for putting. REALLY GOOD.

the tennis, eh - i'd rent first. it doesn't feel like it's as tight with the remote as id like. i put it down and went back to golf.

Read teh IGN review. It's really spot on.

nice man, that's reassuring. i'm thinking i'm gonna hafta go pick this up after work today. smh @ the 09 putting... that's why i haven't played that game in months...

i just really wanna try something that showcases the motion+ and i think this game will be a more in depth, longer lasting experience than wii sports resort - until they start rolling out the heavy hitters that support it (like red steel 2)
Old 06-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
nice man, that's reassuring. i'm thinking i'm gonna hafta go pick this up after work today. smh @ the 09 putting... that's why i haven't played that game in months...

i just really wanna try something that showcases the motion+ and i think this game will be a more in depth, longer lasting experience than wii sports resort - until they start rolling out the heavy hitters that support it (like red steel 2)

that would be the golf and not the tennis (unless virtua tennis is good). i didn't like how you did draw and fade in 09 and the putting and i never got past it and sold the game. this game fixes all of that so i like it. i REALLY wish they'd drop this build your golfer BS. it would be more fun if you played crappy golfers at first and better people later.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
that would be the golf and not the tennis (unless virtua tennis is good). i didn't like how you did draw and fade in 09 and the putting and i never got past it and sold the game. this game fixes all of that so i like it. i REALLY wish they'd drop this build your golfer BS. it would be more fun if you played crappy golfers at first and better people later.

picked it up last night.

seriously good game. so much better than the previous installments. the draw and the fade took a minute, but once i got it clicking it was seamless. i was also sinking 30 ft putts within the first hour or two which i was rarely able to do in '09

just did some stroke play and disc golf with a buddy last night, so i havent had to create the golfer to start a career, but i agree, i'd rather play with the amateur-type guys and move up the rankings to use better pros.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

I've loved Tiger since the Ps2 and have been waiting for this game since the Wii was announced. I think I'll pick it up this weekend. I just bought Empire Total War 2 weeks ago so I've been trying to hold off on this one.

I'm also a little psyched for Grand Slam Tennis, but there has been mixed reviews so far.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I've loved Tiger since the Ps2 and have been waiting for this game since the Wii was announced. I think I'll pick it up this weekend. I just bought Empire Total War 2 weeks ago so I've been trying to hold off on this one.

I'm also a little psyched for Grand Slam Tennis, but there has been mixed reviews so far.
the learning curve on the tennis is a pain, and it doesn't work how you want it to exactly. It also (which the golf doesn't do) seems to lose the controller, it's not centered exactly and you need to put the wiimote down to get it recented. It's a pain.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #12
DeuceWallaces
NBA Legend

Finally picked it up. Damn this game is awesome. I would have gotten it earlier if I knew the Motion Plus bundle was limited time only.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: