Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-15-2009, 03:16 AM   #61
KillerAvery
Saw a basketball once

Default Re: How tall are you guys?

Man all of you are tall.

I'm 5'5, 14 years old.
KillerAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #62
supersmashbros
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerAvery
Man all of you are tall.

I'm 5'5, 14 years old.
Nah, we are just representative of the average population. Your not very short, but slightly below average in height. 5,3" or under is very short for either sexes though, imo.

btw, I saw a 4,10" girl at summer school today. She was so short that she didn't even come up my shoulders as walked by her (and I am only 5,9 ish). By comparison, I felt like a giant (like the photoshopped pic of me)! Actually, she's probably not even 4,10", but I found her very cute. By legal standards, that's midget height.

However, she was well proportioned despite her diminutive stature. She was only a scaled down version of an average sized teen unlike dwarves.
supersmashbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:05 PM   #63
KillerAvery
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmashbros
Nah, we are just representative of the average population. Your not very short, but slightly below average in height. 5,3" or under is very short for either sexes though, imo.

btw, I saw a 4,10" girl at summer school today. She was so short that she didn't even come up my shoulders as walked by her (and I am only 5,9 ish). By comparison, I felt like a giant (like the photoshopped pic of me)! Actually, she's probably not even 4,10", but I found her very cute. By legal standards, that's midget height.

However, she was well proportioned despite her diminutive stature. She was only a scaled down version of an average sized teen unlike dwarves.

Well I'm asian, and that probably has something to do with it. Also my Mom is 5' and my dad is 5'10. My dad is a normal height, but my mom isn't.

I hope I can grow to about 5'8 or 5'9 and I'll be happy, almost 5'6
Old 07-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #64
supersmashbros
Good college starter

Quote:
Well I'm asian, and that probably has something to do with it. Also my Mom is 5' and my dad is 5'10. My dad is a normal height, but my mom isn't.

I hope I can grow to about 5'8 or 5'9 and I'll be happy, almost 5'6
The girl I saw at summer school today was white (and she's probably at least grade 10 given the class she walked out of). She's towered over by already short girls (who are only 5,3"). She's probably only 4,8-4,9" which is unusually short (and why she got my attention). She still has some room to grow, but if she doesn't, then she'll just end up as a pituitary-challenged individual
Old 07-16-2009, 02:24 AM   #65
KillerAvery
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
The girl I saw at summer school today was white (and she's probably at least grade 10 given the class she walked out of). She's towered over by already short girls (who are only 5,3"). She's probably only 4,8-4,9" which is unusually short (and why she got my attention). She still has some room to grow, but if she doesn't, then she'll just end up as a pituitary-challenged individual

Your very comforting considering the fact that all your examples have been about girls.

Old 07-16-2009, 03:30 AM   #66
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

5'6 ..age 16
rosonviyavong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #67
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketman
How tall are you? And how does it affect your game?
Now that I think about it, height should not affect your game or what you choose to work on in anyway. You should still perfect your footwork, ballhandling, jumpshot, driving and finishing, defense and agility. Unless you are really set on being good at just one aspect, it should not affect your game at all. Granted in game situation if you are the tallest guy out there you should be playing like it, and if you are the shortest out there you should be taking advantage of your quickness and peskiness over the bigger guys
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #68
supersmashbros
Good college starter

Quote:
Your very comforting considering the fact that all your examples have been about girls.

I am deriving these conclusions about you:

1. Your a girl (because your sarcastically mentioning the comfort of my behavior)

2. You think I am a perv because I am using girls as examples of demonstrating short height

3. You find my posts of a particular girl in the Rate That Girl Thread bizarre and even abhorrent! Who in the world would continuously post pics of the same stereotypical white chick on a basketball forum?

4. You think I am strange and maybe even psycho...

I don't really care what a particular individual on a forum thinks about me because I probably don't know you.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:57 AM   #69
KillerAvery
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
I am deriving these conclusions about you:

1. Your a girl (because your sarcastically mentioning the comfort of my behavior)

2. You think I am a perv because I am using girls as examples of demonstrating short height

3. You find my posts of a particular girl in the Rate That Girl Thread bizarre and even abhorrent! Who in the world would continuously post pics of the same stereotypical white chick on a basketball forum?

4. You think I am strange and maybe even psycho...

I don't really care what a particular individual on a forum thinks about me because I probably don't know you.

Nope, I'm a male. I'm considered short for a male.

I don't think there are many girls on ISH anyways.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #70
supersmashbros
Good college starter

Quote:
Nope, I'm a male. I'm considered short for a male.

I don't think there are many girls on ISH anyways.
Of course. But being short is alright as long as it doesn't affect you in daily life.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #71
OJMayoDaFuture
I Go Hard In The Paint

5'11 Is My Height I'm 6' In Shoes Can't Palm Da Ball But I'm A Small Combo Guard At School So When I Play High School Ball N Go Against SG's I Use Quickness to go past em but at da PG Kinda Strugle Aint Much Of A Passer
I Avg About 15.5ppg 6 RPG N 7 Ast
OJMayoDaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #72
GudmH
Saw a basketball once

I'm 6" .. nowhere near dunking I prolly need to gain another 8 inches of vert to be able to ..

Last edited by GudmH : 07-20-2009 at 04:50 PM.
GudmH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #73
JumpSh0t
Saw a basketball once

Im 6"3, 14 years old. I can dunk but not consistently.I play the off gaurd for my team.
JumpSh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:12 PM   #74
JustinJDW

Right now I am 5'8 and am 17 years old. I matured kind of late. From the ages of 12-15, I probably only grew like 4 inches. I just started growing and still am. I probably grow to be 5'10, but maybe I can get lucky and reach 6'0.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #75
Rake2204
NBA Superstar

I am 6'3''. I like this height because (ideally) it provides me with the speed and agility of a guard while still being tall enough to venture into the paint at will without fear of being vanquished.

Automajic raises a good point as well. I encourage all my players to never limit themselves due to their height or size. My thought process is this, if a kid is taller than all his classmates throughout school, there's a chance he may just stop growing and bam ~ the kid that only developed his post game (because he was "tall") through his early high school life is now 5'10'' with no guard skills.

Conversely, if a tall kid works on all of his game (ballhandling, shooting, etc) and continues to grow throughout schooling, then there is the potential he'll turn into a 6'6'' player with guard skills - a nasty combination.

I see no reason to limit skills or believe that you are pigeonholed based on one's height or build.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: