Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #16
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2010 #1 pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
2010 #1 Pick?

There really isnt much of a question about it, possibly a better PG prospect than Derrick Rose.
There is a question about it. A PG has to be out of this world good to be picked #1 overall. How many PG's have been picked #1 overall in history? Gimme a sec I'm about to look............

Only 4 players have been picked #1 overall who were smaller than 6'6"; Iverson, Rose, John Lucas, and Austin Carr. (I went back to 1970, almost 40 years)

And when you look at Rose and Iverson, neither was a guarenteed #1. Beasley was the consensus #1 pick for the whole regular season until tournament time. Marcus Camby and Stephon Marbury were both strongly considered for the #1 pick in '96. It's just so difficult for a small player to go #1, he'll have to be crazy good.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #17
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
There is a question about it. A PG has to be out of this world good to be picked #1 overall. How many PG's have been picked #1 overall in history? Gimme a sec I'm about to look............

Only 4 players have been picked #1 overall who were smaller than 6'6"; Iverson, Rose, John Lucas, and Austin Carr. (I went back to 1970, almost 40 years)

And when you look at Rose and Iverson, neither was a guarenteed #1. Beasley was the consensus #1 pick for the whole regular season until tournament time. Marcus Camby and Stephon Marbury were both strongly considered for the #1 pick in '96. It's just so difficult for a small player to go #1, he'll have to be crazy good.
True.

But typically in years where the Elite PG prospect didnt go #1, there has to be an Elite C or PF prospect available and there just isnt one in 2010 so far.

We'll have to see how well Favors does next season at Georgia Tech, he has the best chance among those previously mentioned.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #18
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Julian Wright and Ed Davis are not similar players. Julian was an all around talent. Ed Davis has specific skills exclusively to a big man. He'll need to beef up like so many people his age, but he was already considered a top 10 pick this year. I can imagine him shooting even more as a starter and a focal player in UNC's offense.
I never said they were similar players, I was describing their impact on the game.
Davis is a game changer defensively like Wright, but the offensive ability is not there yet, nor is the size needed to play the 4.
Chances are he'll probably end up getting outshown by Henson who has a more versatile game & a higher ceiling than Davis.But based on his potential he'll still be a Lottery Pick even if he can only set picks & dunk when on offense.

Quote:
Devin Ebanks is a first round pick this year. Why wouldn't he be? HIs freshman year was more impressive than Hakim Warrick and I feel Devin has a game and feel that is more similar to Thaddeus Young than Warrick. Thaddeus had he stayed for his sophomore season would have jumped into top 5 status the following season.
Trust me if Ebanks were a 1st Round pick this year he would've declared, he didnt even enter for good reason because he would have been exposed in the workouts.

I've got to see enough of Ebanks, and I even got to play against him back when he was at BM but honestly he is not overly impressive enough of a prospect to be a 1st Rounder without working on his game,attitude,and having the production to go along with it.

He came on late last season, but if he is even Top 15 in 2010 he needs to continue on with his production & develop some consistent range because hes a SF in the NBA.

Thaddeus Young was much much more polished than Ebanks at this stage, he fit better into the scheme of any offense.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #19
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

wall no question about it! i've seen some amazing things from this kid and he hasn't set foot in college yet

i hate to admit it... actually i despise saying this but... he does have more potential than rose.

DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #20
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

lukeridnour08 has decent reputation

Quote:
Ed Davis is a talented 19 year old whose role is going to shoot up this year cause the team will lose it's top 4 leading scorers. We have no real grasp what his real offensive skillset is and how much he has improved. As is, he already is penciled in as a top 10, possibly top 5 pick. No stretch to think he can't improve to be the top player in the country especially with how good of a big man coach Roy Williams is.

Secondly, Ebanks may not be #1, but he can secure a top 5 pick. By the end of the season he was dominating the Big East tournament and had a big game in the tournament. He is a fantastic talent coupled with being incredibly competitive. I wouldn't be surprised if people were talking about him as a top 3 pick by season's end.

If Ebanks or Davis goes #1 it will be a very weak draft at the top.

There great prospects, but not #1 material
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:05 PM   #21
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeridnour08

There isnt any way they go #1.

Not over Favors, Cousins, Sidney, or Henson just to name a few from the 2009 class.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #22
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I never said they were similar players, I was describing their impact on the game.
Davis is a game changer defensively like Wright, but the offensive ability is not there yet, nor is the size needed to play the 4.
Chances are he'll probably end up getting outshown by Henson who has a more versatile game & a higher ceiling than Davis.But based on his potential he'll still be a Lottery Pick even if he can only set picks & dunk when on offense.

Only that you said that they were the same cloth. If you're not going to be clear, then I won't spend time deciphering your message.

Quote:
Trust me if Ebanks were a 1st Round pick this year he would've declared, he didnt even enter for good reason because he would have been exposed in the workouts.

At what point have you earned anyone's trust?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:31 PM   #23
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Well, I do believe in Monroe being #1. It was my original message, but I like Davis and Ebanks enough to slip into the top prospects for the draft.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Walk off home run.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #25
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

lukeridnour08 has decent reputation

Quote:
Well, I do believe in Monroe being #1. It was my original message, but I like Davis and Ebanks enough to slip into the top prospects for the draft.

Monroe has a very good shot at #1.

Ed Davis is going to have to show a considerable amount of improvement to get in the top 5. Right now he is projected based on just potential.
Member Brandon Wright?? He looked like a far better prospect his freshman year.
He was 6'10, 9'1 reach, 36 inch vert. Probably better seats then Ed Davis has.
Not only that he displayed far more advanced skills.
My point is the Wright was the 8th pick, and is a better prospect then Davis. Wright isnt exactly living up to expectations either.

So, to restate what I said, Davis is going to have to improve considerably to be a top 5 pick.

As far as Ebanks, It is even more a reach to say he is a top 5 pick.
I don't really want to go into detail on this. But a potential top pick??? get out of here!!
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #26
Buffalobraves
Local High School Star

Buffalobraves has an OK reputation so far

I don't know enough about moteijunas but who would be a better big man pick for the Thunder? moteijunas or Monroe?
Buffalobraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #27
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Only that you said that they were the same cloth. If you're not going to be clear, then I won't spend time deciphering your message.
Should've made it clearer for your low reading comprehension.

Quote:
Probably around the time when I passed your knowledge of basketball & scouting, I think that was back in 88' when the umbilical cord was cut.

I respect your opinions, but there have been few times where I can point out where you know what you're talking about espescially when it comes to HS & college players.

I still remember you claiming Lamar Odom as being a more prolific NYC player than Lance Stephenson , then when you were rebuffed you had to attack my credibility by bringing up predictions I've made before to change the topic.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #28
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
I don't really want to go into detail on this. But a potential top pick??? get out of here!!
This.

Very far off sounds like you watched a Tourny game and thought he was something more than he really is.

Solid player but he definetly has a lot to work on his game, very immature kid also who got himself kicked out of BM.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #29
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Should've made it clearer for your low reading comprehension.

Heh, the irony in that statement could fill MSG.

Quote:
Probably around the time when I passed your knowledge of basketball & scouting, I think that was back in 88' when the umbilical cord was cut.

I'll admit when I've been wrong and come to terms with it but your reputation is being a perpetual hyperbole.

Quote:
I respect your opinions, but there have been few times where I can point out where you know what you're talking about espescially when it comes to HS & college players.

Yup, I do know what I'm talking about.

Quote:
I still remember you claiming Lamar Odom as being a more prolific NYC player than Lance Stephenson
And I still stand by it. I have it on good authority that Lamar in high school was more impressive than Lance. If your only rebuttal is that Lamar didn't play in NYC, then I don't really give credence to that response. If you ask Lamar himself if he's a NYC baller he'll claim to be one. He'll claim to the day he dies that he reps NYC just like Charlie Villanueva would and he balled in bumble****, NJ. I couldn't care less what you define things because quite frankly if I had a scoreboard of the times you are right, you'd be taking Oscar Robertson's nickname of the "Big O".
Old 06-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #30
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:

I'll reserve my full rebuttal til the season begins. This league is falling in love with the tweener forward. Devin Ebanks will be the next big one to come out.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: