Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #31
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

Default Re: 2010 #1 pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I'll reserve my full rebuttal til the season begins. This league is falling in love with the tweener forward. Devin Ebanks will be the next big one to come out.

What sets Ebanks apart from guys tweeners like Michael Beasley, Joe Alexander, Anthony Randolph, Ryan Anderson, Donte Greene, Julian Wright, Jared Dudley, Shawne Williams, Josh Smith, Ndudi Ebi, Jared Jeffries???

All these guys were more succesful then Ebanks at the college level.
What does Ebanks bring to the table that these guys don't??

Don't get me wrong, Ebanks is definetly an NBA player, but next big thing???
Come on.

Strong WVU fan you must be
lukeridnour08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:37 AM   #32
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E37MBYJ-w7k

Can't find much on Donatas Motiejunas... Definitely needs to add size but looks smooth in that vid.
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:28 AM   #33
Jerkstore!
I airball my layups

I've heard Derrick Favors name a few times when talking about top 3 for 2010 but havent seen much vision. Is he likely to become a successful NBA player?
Jerkstore! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #34
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Ed Davis' problem with being the top pick is that he's too similar to Monroe without actually being Monroe. I like Davis. I like the long wings, and the effect they have on the defensive end especially. But he's a bit undersized, and while the jumper is there, the rest of the face up game isn't, and I'm not sure he has the pop in his body for it to ever be really effective, even if he really refines it. But I could see him going in the 5-10 range.

Ebanks has a similar doppleganger. He's basically the same player but less effective as Craig Brackins. Brackins is bigger, stronger, and has a better pure jumper. Ebanks brings an odd wirey strength that I think makes him more effective cutting and going to the hole, and maybe on the offensive glass a bit. But otherwise I don't see how he could catch Brackins.

Wall, for all his gifts, still has a big something to prove. Can he shoot it. Does he at least have the foundation of a consistent shot. I had questions about Rose as a prospect for similar reasons, but he at least had most of the building blocks in place. It doesn't to me look like Wall does yet. And it's a huge hurdle to get over to play PG in the NBA if you can't shoot. Enough of a hurdle to make me question him as the top overall pick. It may come, but I'd need to see it first.

I would seriously considered taking Monroe first this year. Although less likely now that Griffin has measured out a bit bigger than I anticipated, but I'd definitely take him second, and I'd still be considering him at one. Really top flight passing bigs are a great gift.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #35
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkstore!
I've heard Derrick Favors name a few times when talking about top 3 for 2010 but havent seen much vision. Is he likely to become a successful NBA player?

At this point, Favors is likely a better prosepect then Ed Davis.

From what I have seen, he is the same level athlete Amare was at that age, but more advanced skills.

We'll see though
Old 06-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #36
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
At this point, Favors is likely a better prosepect then Ed Davis.

From what I have seen, he is the same level athlete Amare was at that age, but more advanced skills.

We'll see though
Doubt it.

Favors is a good athlete, but he reminds me a lot of Chris Webber in terms of that aspect.

And a young Webber in general as a player.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #37
lukeridnour08
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Doubt it.

Favors is a good athlete, but he reminds me a lot of Chris Webber in terms of that aspect.

And a young Webber in general as a player.

Doubt what?

In terms of athleticism, Favors is on par or even ahead of amare at the same age.

In terms of running the court and cordination (like catching the ball and sh!t), its hard to tell.

Skill wise, Amare didn't have much at all.
Favors isnt a really skillful guy either, but there is no way he was less skilled then Amare was at the same age.

Remember that amare was 19.5 years old when he graduated HS.
I don't know how old favors was but he was probably 18.5, a whole year under what Amare was, which is a considerable amount of time at this state of development.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c03D...eature=related

Watch that athleticism
Old 06-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #38
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
Doubt what?

In terms of athleticism, Favors is on par or even ahead of amare at the same age.

In terms of running the court and cordination (like catching the ball and sh!t), its hard to tell.

Skill wise, Amare didn't have much at all.
Favors isnt a really skillful guy either, but there is no way he was less skilled then Amare was at the same age.

Remember that amare was 19.5 years old when he graduated HS.
I don't know how old favors was but he was probably 18.5, a whole year under what Amare was, which is a considerable amount of time at this state of development.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c03D...eature=related

Watch that athleticism
I just got finished watching that video.

And a 1 year difference between graduating from HS is not a considerable amount of time at all, Favors will have a chance to show himself in college instead of heading to the NBA immediately like Amare did.

Amare however is a top notch in game athlete, you're judging Favors on his dunks alone because if you've seen him play he doesnt run the court as well as Amare did and isnt an end to end player like Amare was coming out.Favors is athletic but hes athletic when hes at the basket and relies more on his positioning than Amare did.

Thats where the Webber comparison comes from Favors is very athletic but hes a great athletic when it comes to the basics in the post.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #39
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Wall has the backing but I'm with the Greg Monroe crew. I hope he has a monster year.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #40
Grinder

John Wall, I think Monroe will go top 5 but he just doesn't seem to have the killer instinct to be a great player while all the skills certainly are there.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: