Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-09-2009, 01:17 AM   #1
anthonyRandolph
Crescent City

Default D1 players

Im 6'7'' and got my first go around with d1 players today at aau practice . I got dunked on and pinned there level is way higher from what I expected dude blocked me on a dunk. This guy plays for a small d1 school blocks everything dunks everything extra good shot. He dunks like Trevor Ariza. Another guy was like 6''5 hops but didn't use them that much and was pulling 3's like reggie miller and making them. When I got dunked on though my friend 6''6 got beat off the dribble and I normally excel with weakside/help blocks but damn it was nasty. I know im no where near where I need to be by the end of senior year in HS.
anthonyRandolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:19 AM   #2
dwight20-20
future footer

Default Re: D1 players

just keep working hard and maybe you'll get there. people don't understand what level D1 players are at til they've played with them. I haven't played against them so i have no idea what its like but i know i have a long way to go.
dwight20-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:32 AM   #3
GiveItToBurrito

I guess just keep practicing and getting better. I used to room with a guy who played for Coppin State and was only a bench player, and he was still absurdly good. Crazy how good even the "worst" players who play basketball for two+ hours a day are.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:36 AM   #4
FG20
Keep em Seperated

Its a biatch, innit?

I always think of Luke Walton when im playing basketball, because as much as I hate that mofo you know that even that scrub has enough talent to be a superstar on a d1 program.

Personally, I could do okay for myself as a very solid garbage man type rollplayer by doing dirty work as an enforcer, but after playing with the better scoring type players its been made clear to me that to shoot any more then 5 shots a game on most d1 rosters at under 50% would get me benched.

reality sux
FG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:26 AM   #5
anthonyRandolph
Crescent City

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG20
Its a biatch, innit?

I always think of Luke Walton when im playing basketball, because as much as I hate that mofo you know that even that scrub has enough talent to be a superstar on a d1 program.

Personally, I could do okay for myself as a very solid garbage man type rollplayer by doing dirty work as an enforcer, but after playing with the better scoring type players its been made clear to me that to shoot any more then 5 shots a game on most d1 rosters at under 50% would get me benched.

reality sux
I mean I got on the court got dunked on once , wasn't expecting it from a 6'3'' guard. Then this guy didn't respect my 3 point jumper which closed all opportunities for driving. These guys had more skill then me on every aspect of the game I've never felt like this just tells me I have alot of work to do .
Old 06-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

yeah, this is why it's funny that there's a thread in the NBA forum titled "can't play??" and the thread is about naming an NBA player that you think you can beat. people seem to forget that to make it to the NBA you need to play countless hours of practice and gametime in AAU, high school, college and the NBA, on top of which you're given world class trainers to train you strength, speed, agility, shot and other skills.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

you just gotta be smart when you play against more talented/athletic players. throw in some pump fakes, work extra hard on d, do the little stuff.

my hs team played against a good amount od D-1 players over my senior year. i had to guard this one guy who was committed to Washington State, he was 6'7" and he would just score on garbage points. it was frustrating as hell. We played De La Salle over the summer, im pretty sure their whole starting 5 went D-I
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #8
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG20
Its a biatch, innit?

reality sux

most players dont shoot over 50%...and Luke Walton is a talented player for a D1 program. Dont dismiss his god given gifts because he isnt black.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #9
FG20
Keep em Seperated

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Quote:
Originally Posted by F20

reality sux
most players dont shoot over 50%...and Luke Walton is a talented player for a D1 program. Dont dismiss his god given gifts because he isnt black.

How the holy fuck did you pull that out of your ass after what I said? Where do you get your conclusions? First of all I was making a point that unless I shoot over 50% then I shouldnt shoot the ball because thats not what my role on a D1 team would be. Second of all, I hate Luke Walton because he is a douche and if you notice that nice little paragraph above youll find I stated the obvious that he would be a dominant player in college and in no way do I hate the ******* because of his ethnicity.

Read it again and if your still confused...
FG20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #10
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Anyone here play HS basketball in the LA City division around 2002 or 2003? Westchester HS had a starting lineup of Trevor Ariza, Hassan Adams, Brandon Heath, Bobby Brown and Gabriel Pruitt, thats 5 D1 players and future NBA players. Thats better than some AAU squads.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:33 AM   #11
anthonyRandolph
Crescent City

Day 2 , I miss a 2 handed dunk . Reggie miller looking guy blocks my dunk then pins me off the glass. Tho he's in college but still man don't know how this makes me better .
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: