Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-11-2009, 10:09 AM   #91
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raptors to trade Jason Kapono to 76ers for Reggie Evans

I wouldn't be happy if I was Philly. At least Toronto shaves of a couple million, Kapono is trash.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #92
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Evans sad to leave...

Quote:
"Seven years in the [NBA], each time the season ended, I was always on a plane for home [Pensacola, Fla.] the next day," Evans said yesterday. "This time, I stayed in Philly a week-and-a-half. I never did that.

"I was getting real comfortable. We had put in 2 years together, but it was an unfortunate situation for me, because we were loaded at my position."

Quote:
"Honestly, looking at who [the Sixers] got, I really couldn't be mad," Evans said. "There's nothing to be mad about. It's business. I see the direction they're going in.

"They've been looking for a shooter since [president/general manager] Ed Stefanski got there. Kareem Rush didn't really have an opportunity, Donyell Marshall had played 14 years in the league, couldn't play a full season. Now, they've got somebody who can spread the offense."

Quote:
"I try to make the best of wherever I go," Evans said. "I haven't missed the playoffs in 5 years. I didn't make a step backward [with the trade]; they can utilize me. The way I look at it, everybody kind of broke even."
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #93
RocketGreatness
Banned

RocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation here

Benefits both teams.

Raptors will get a big man with balls unlike that pu*sy Chris Bosh. He's the softest player in the league right next to Big Z. Evans is a tough guy who actually fights and plays defense, can't say the same for pathetic Bosh

76ers get a shooter so they will have more space to operate with Elton Brand in the block.
RocketGreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #94
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
Benefits both teams.

Raptors will get a big man with balls unlike that pu*sy Chris Bosh. He's the softest player in the league right next to Big Z. Evans is a tough guy who actually fights and plays defense, can't say the same for pathetic Bosh

76ers get a shooter so they will have more space to operate with Elton Brand in the block.
z is just slow, bosh is only considered soft because he guards cs but is a pf, and reggie evans has plenty of balls. ask chris kaman
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #95
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

I'm glad the Raptors save about 2M over the next 2 seasons and also address an important issue with regards to rebounding and intensity. Kapono will fit in much better in Philly but he probably still won't be worth the 6M price tag. Anyways, decent trade for both teams but more work needs to be done with the Raptors. We'll see what happens after the draft.

Hopefully this means we trade Humphries and resign Pops Mensah-Bonsu.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #96
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Benefits both teams...Raptors will get a big man with balls unlike that pu*sy Chris Bosh. He's the softest player in the league right next to Big Z.

WTF.

1) in the entire L??? not quite.

2) Big Z??? dude can't run, can't jump, has no muscle mass...and outworks opposing big men on a nightly basis.

the guy is annoying...but far from soft.

3) Kapono can play. Things just didn't click in Tor. obviously.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #97
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Benefits both teams.

1) Tracy McGrady
2) Yao

The Rockets would gladly trade anyone other than Yao in a second for Chris Bosh. Carry on.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: