Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool
Default What would you do in NYC by yourself for 4 days?

I'm going to be in New York City all next weekend. Aside from the reason I'm going all the way across the country, to play pickup with some dudes I don't even know for a few hours, I don't have anything else set in stone for plans.

I guess I could go see Ground Zero, Coney Island park, Niketown, and Times Square. Anything else I need to check out?

Do they still have the peep shows in NYC?
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What would you do in NYC by yourself for 4 days?

where are you playing pickup?

If you wanna pick up some chicks go to Bourbon St. Bar(79th and Amsterdam) for really drunk college chicks that will do whateva...

I would just walk around try out some of the exclusive food spots, hit up Chinatown etc.

Hit up Carolines Comedy Club on Broadway...30 dollars a ticket. Paul Mooney is there

Last edited by Younggrease : 06-09-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Depends on what you like, whether you want to do the more touristy things or have something special in mind. Whether it be going to Rockerfeller Center or a going to a pizza joint that also serves as a strip club. Also where in the city will you be? Manhattan?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #4
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Museum of Modern Art.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
bballer
Orioles/Tarheels

bballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat coolbballer is considered somewhat cool

Go to Niketown.

It is awesome.s
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #6
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Depends on what you like, whether you want to do the more touristy things or have something special in mind. Whether it be going to Rockerfeller Center or a going to a pizza joint that also serves as a strip club. Also where in the city will you be? Manhattan?
Pizza and strip club in the same place? Where's that at? IDK where I'm staying most of the time, like I said, I have nothing planned except for hooping at LaGuardia CC that morning. It'd be cool to find somewhere outside I can get a run at too, experience New York streetball.

What kind of food is New York famous for? I'm going to need some of that; nothing pretentious like sushi rolls, but I mean like pizza or hot dogs or something.

And I want to go to the NBA Store
Old 06-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #7
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

lol at sushi rolls being pretentious.... I heard Five guys is good but I haven't tried it yet.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #8
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

coney island closed down at the end of last summmer... they might still be runnin the cyclone, im not sure, havent been to the area lately. but i would imagine it wouldnt be too fun to be there alone, maybe just to look around.

definitely check out times square. a lot of stuff goin on there, maybe hit a bar or something.. u should probably check out ground zero, but dont expect much as its mostly just scaffolding right now.

eat @ some neighborhood pizza joints. if u like walkign and observing/shopping, walk around soho and chinatown/little italy which are next to eachother. ride the subways....and so on

i think itd be better if you had at least someone else with u. btw where are you comin from?

and about the peep shows, im not sure ive never been to one, but i know there arent much if any anymore, NY is a lot cleaner than it used to be regardin that stuff

Last edited by BrooklynZoo : 06-09-2009 at 10:58 PM.
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #9
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Museum of Modern Art.

The Guggenheim also. I would go simply to experience the building.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #10
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
lol at sushi rolls being pretentious.... I heard Five guys is good but I haven't tried it yet.

theres a five guys around soho (and one in bay ridge, brooklyn), its ok but its a chain thats not just in ny

also, if your lookin for a busy happy hour spot, Off the Wagon on Macdougal St gets real busy with the young crowd
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #11
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
The Guggenheim also. I would go simply to experience the building.
Yes the Guggenheim building is impressive, but the MoMa holds much more "important" pieces. Guggenheim was a lot smaller than I imagined.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #12
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Where the **** have you been Datz?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #13
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Where the **** have you been Datz?
When Starface, and Primetime, and his aliases were dominating the board the **** started to get annoying. I work more too, but that's inconsequential since I am online at work all the time anyways

I'm from Oklahoma
Old 06-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #14
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

For Basketball go to West 4th street in Manhatten, aka the Cage. They have good runs there I hear. I havent been out there yet though because I usually play indoors.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #15
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Def check out Times Square.
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: