Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #31
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What would you do in NYC by yourself for 4 days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
I would be down for this weekend but I just hurt my foot like 3 hours ago and I think Im gonna be out for some time
If you're good the 20th show up, I;m sure the Niketalk dudes don't care. LaGuardia Community College at 10am.

Hotels are dumb expensive in NY, car rentals too, hell everything is! I'm thinking about staying in a hostel or doing the rent a room thing.

I don't even like rap music anymore, but I might try to get tickets to 106 and Park or something too since I'll have all day Monday too
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #32
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
[/b]

Five Guys is sick. So damn good, whatever toppings you wants basically on a burger and cheap too. Their fries are good as hell too and they PACK your bag with em.
All this is true, but when you're in NYC, you don't go to chain restaurants you can go to anywhere else. You have to try to find something that you can't find anywhere else. I have a 5 guys withing walking distance from where I live so I just don't think it's a place you go when you're visiting the city.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #33
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
What? Did they close it down for good??

yeah, it has been supposed to close down for like the last couple summers, but it was open last summer and they had like the closing day and all as the park has been sold... i think its closed for good this time, but theyre keepin the cyclone there and maybe a couple landmarks. i believe theyre buildin a hotel type complex, possibly with rides.
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #34
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

go to coney island if you want to look at old russian ladies walking on the beach. nothing really substantial to do there except look at the old rides that will never be open again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
We need a pickup games in NYC thread. Anyone? I know I'm a noob, but I wouldn't mind ballin with peepz I could later talk smack to, or ignore if they dunk on me lol. I'm 5'8 I ain't that good lol

i made a nyc pickup game thread last year around this time and nobody showed up. i went with my friend and played a couple of good games at central park and then headed home. i might just make another meeting when datz comes to visit since he seems like a guy that has balls to meet.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #35
A_RastaMon
Irie Mon!

A_RastaMon has an OK reputation so far

NBA Store Mon!
A_RastaMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #36
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

If you're into eating, which was all I did last summer in NYC, I remember some places off the top of my head.

The New York City Hot Dog Company - i got a 1/4lb hot dog soaked in beer
Shake Shack - it's at Madison Square (not MSG), very pricey burger, but very good, if you don't like the burger you'll at least like the shake
Peanut Butter and Co. - sells...peanut butter, and all kinds of peanut butter sandwiches, I had the Elvis (peanut butter+banana+bacon)
Otafuku - unpretentious japanese snack-size food lol, not sure if it's your thing but i like those octopus balls (takoyaki)
Ray's Pizza - in Times Square, i liked their sicilian square slice

check out yelp.com if you need directions, and yes i'd go with hostels (broke student), book early and save.

Off-topic but i wish they bring the southern style chicken at mickey d to canada.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #37
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
go to coney island if you want to look at old russian ladies walking on the beach. nothing really substantial to do there except look at the old rides that will never be open again.

i made a nyc pickup game thread last year around this time and nobody showed up. i went with my friend and played a couple of good games at central park and then headed home. i might just make another meeting when datz comes to visit since he seems like a guy that has balls to meet.
June 20, LaGuardia Community College, 11am. I might even stay at one of the hostels in the YMCAs so I can hoop and workout the entire time I'm not out doing something touristy

Last edited by DatZNasty : 06-12-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #38
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
June 19, LaGuardia Community College, 11am. I might even stay at one of the hostels in the YMCAs so I can hoop and workout the entire time I'm not out doing something touristy

anyone can get in?
Old 06-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #39
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
The Guggenheim also. I would go simply to experience the building.
Bilbao's Guggenheim building >>> NY's
Had to say it.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #40
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
anyone can get in?

bump
Old 06-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #41
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Genc:

LaGuardia Community College is mad far from Staten Island

ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:04 PM   #42
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
June 19, LaGuardia Community College, 11am. I might even stay at one of the hostels in the YMCAs so I can hoop and workout the entire time I'm not out doing something touristy

If I didnt have work I would be there...If only it was Sat or Sunday...
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #43
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

actually you're right, it's the 20th which is the Saturday. I got my dates off because I'm leaving the 19th (Fri) out of Dallas. So, see you there? Another ISHiot pmed me and said he'll come too, said he's 6'3.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #44
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Genc:

LaGuardia Community College is mad far from Staten Island

so is oklahoma
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #45
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
bump
Yea, Saturday is open gym, its 5 bucks though
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: