Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #16
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: mos def calls out jigga, challenges jay-z, weezy to a rap battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
This is actually a moronic move by Mos. This is true on many levels. Don't let all the success and bling bling persona of Jay-Z fool you. Jay-Z is one of the most talanted "spitters" past, present and future. I love me some Mos, but all skills combined, what exactly can Mos do better than Jay? Jay is a superior writer... a lot of people don't get that and may think Mos is more talented there... all your backpack hip hop hippies and such... but Jay is and has been on top of the game for legit reasons.

Why is Mos calling out Wayne? This makes absolutely no sense. Mos is just looking for attention. Dumb move. Somewhat funny actually, but very abstract.

You're taking this shyt too seriously. This looks like friendly competition to me. Plenty of hip hop fans would love to see something like this go down.
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #17
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasian
If they had to write shyt down, Nas would win. But as far as an off the top battle, I'm putting my money on Jay.

I remember after Nas dropped Ether, Jay tried to challenge Nas to a pay per view battle but Nas refused.

Jay also dropped Super Ugly merly hours after Nas dropped Ether.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #18
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Mos Def couldn't even handle Chris Hitchens. That was ****ing brutal to watch.

Nobody can **** with Christopher Hitchens. He's to witty and clever I love watching him make destroy people in debates. He plays it down the middle too
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #19
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Jay also dropped Super Ugly merly hours after Nas dropped Ether.

Yeah, I don't acknowledge Super Ugly lol. I mean the "left condoms on your baby's seat" line was ruthless, but other than that it was a weak diss. Takeover and Blueprint 2 are far superior. Actually, BP 2 might be one of the most underrated diss tracks ever. There are some days when I think it might be on par if not better than Ether
Old 06-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #20
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanity
Nobody can **** with Christopher Hitchens. He's to witty and clever I love watching him make destroy people in debates. He plays it down the middle too

I don't disagree that he's incredibly smart, but he's also an incredible *******. He literally called Mos Def stupid to his face on national television (Bill Maher).
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #21
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasian
If they had to write shyt down, Nas would win. But as far as an off the top battle, I'm putting my money on Jay.

I remember after Nas dropped Ether, Jay tried to challenge Nas to a pay per view battle but Nas refused.

Why bother when he already murdered him?

It's not like Jay was able to come back with anything either, so... you can look it one way or the other.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #22
Sanity
I know from experience

Sanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation hereSanity has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I don't disagree that he's incredibly smart, but he's also an incredible *******. He literally called Mos Def stupid to his face on national television (Bill Maher).

He is an arrogant dick head and that's a fact. The problem is nobody has been able to cut him down to size yet and that's why he has an ego. I like Mos Def a lot but it didn't sound like he had a clue what he was talking about. I'm sure he had a point but Chris was ****ing with him so hard he was reduced to a stuttering moron.
Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #23
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
To be fair, Mos did get the last word. It was a stupid last word, but the last word nonethless. But yeah, really painful to sit through. He acted a doofus.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #24
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

Quote:

Yeah that was embarrassing. People think that because Mos is a "conscious rapper" that automatically makes him some sort of genius. But he came across as incredibly ignorant when he was on Real Time.

Also, I'm not one to judge people. But it kills me when people cite Mos as some ultra righteous positive black role model, when the dude has multiple baby mothers and married a white video ho a few days after meeting her
Old 06-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #25
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Wow, finally a grown ass man that doesn't look at Jay-Z as a god. Dudes wait for Jay to release a track so they know what to do and what not to do. F'ing sad I tell you.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #26
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanity
He is an arrogant dick head and that's a fact. The problem is nobody has been able to cut him down to size yet and that's why he has an ego. I like Mos Def a lot but it didn't sound like he had a clue what he was talking about. I'm sure he had a point but Chris was ****ing with him so hard he was reduced to a stuttering moron.

I've read he's gotten his ass handed to him in formal debates, but that's a whole different realm of argument and I'm not in the mood to YouTube em and watch them on this gorgeous afternoon. I greatly admire his intellect, but he's just such an ass even I want to punch him even though I agree with him most of the time.

Anyway, enough of the thread hijacking.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #27
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Wow, finally a grown ass man that doesn't look at Jay-Z as a god. Dudes wait for Jay to release a track so they know what to do and what not to do. F'ing sad I tell you.

Man STFU. If you can't see why Jay is one of the dopest mcs ever, then you just a hater. I'd like to know who you rank over him. And let's see how many catigories your mcs beat him in. Actual song writing ability, wordplay, choice of beats, impact on the game, impact in media, impact on fashion, etc.

Anyway, Mos Def is my boy but all he does here is come off looking like any other pee on that has challenged Jay. How many times has he been provoked into battle by some buzz-less bum and fed into it? Jay's not gonna even give this the time of day. Why would he? He's regarded as the best mc in the game, on the road to making a billi, and banging Beyonce. Where on his resume does he need to list "Beat Mos Def" in a battle? Like I said before, Mos has zero pull in the game. Hell, Jay didn't even feed into Wayne's feeble attempts and Wayne's buzz is 100 times greater than Mos Def's has ever been. Man, I was actually gonna go cop that Mos today but he kinda rubbed me the wrong way with this bs.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:22 PM   #28
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
Man STFU. If you can't see why Jay is one of the dopest mcs ever, then you just a hater. I'd like to know who you rank over him. And let's see how many catigories your mcs beat him in. Actual song writing ability, wordplay, choice of beats, impact on the game, impact in media, impact on fashion, etc.

Anyway, Mos Def is my boy but all he does here is come off looking like any other pee on that has challenged Jay. How many times has he been provoked into battle by some buzz-less bum and fed into it? Jay's not gonna even give this the time of day. Why would he? He's regarded as the best mc in the game, on the road to making a billi, and banging Beyonce. Where on his resume does he need to list "Beat Mos Def" in a battle? Like I said before, Mos has zero pull in the game. Hell, Jay didn't even feed into Wayne's feeble attempts and Wayne's buzz is 100 times greater than Mos Def's has ever been. Man, I was actually gonna go cop that Mos today but he kinda rubbed me the wrong way with this bs.

Mos Def is far from a "buzzless bum" He's one of the most respected lyricists in hip hop.

Again, I don't see how him challenging Jay to a rap battle is particularly offensive or disrespectful. Any self-respecting lyricist would love to prove their skills on the mic. This aint beef, its friendly competition.

If you weren't gonna cop Mos' album just because of this, then I doubt you were much of a Mos fan to begin with.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #29
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This would be pretty sick to see. I hope it ends up happening.

I'm permanent like tattoos and birthmarks, 3rd degree burn marks
Driving on tracks like Dale Earnheadt
Stay on the low like the herb spot
Put a big loss on your earn chart
Been nice since the nurse signed my birth chart

Your academics are admissible, you're indefensible
My style is so comprehensable, cats take it to heart like a ventricle

Mos can rhyme with the best of them. But so can Jay. Don't care about Wayne.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #30
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

I think it would be an even battle. Edge to jay. Even though he may have lost his edge after all this time spent sippin cris on the coast of monaco and walking the sands with open-toed sandals. May or may not.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: