Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #31
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: mos def calls out jigga, challenges jay-z, weezy to a rap battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
Man STFU. If you can't see why Jay is one of the dopest mcs ever, then you just a hater. I'd like to know who you rank over him. And let's see how many catigories your mcs beat him in. Actual song writing ability, wordplay, choice of beats, impact on the game, impact in media, impact on fashion, etc.

Anyway, Mos Def is my boy but all he does here is come off looking like any other pee on that has challenged Jay. How many times has he been provoked into battle by some buzz-less bum and fed into it? Jay's not gonna even give this the time of day. Why would he? He's regarded as the best mc in the game, on the road to making a billi, and banging Beyonce. Where on his resume does he need to list "Beat Mos Def" in a battle? Like I said before, Mos has zero pull in the game. Hell, Jay didn't even feed into Wayne's feeble attempts and Wayne's buzz is 100 times greater than Mos Def's has ever been. Man, I was actually gonna go cop that Mos today but he kinda rubbed me the wrong way with this bs.

Calm the F down. I never said Jay sucked or anything like that. I'm just sick of everyone treating Jay-Z like hes Jesus Christ. "Oh, we're not going to use autotune anymore because Jay said not too." Thats lame. A grown ass man shouldn't need another grown ass man to tell him what to do. Jay is a great artist, but he isn't your lord almighty savior. Hell, I bet if Jay said "Gay" is the new "black", Bruno wouldn't be the only one running around with a pink tank top and daisy dukes. Their lives depend on the lyrics of Jay-Z. Wow.

Perfect example right here. All I did was say Jay-Z is not god and here he comes acting like I took a piss on a Jesus poster or something.

Last edited by SCREWstonRockets : 06-10-2009 at 04:05 PM.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #32
Hoodlum Science
Deity ★ Persona

Hoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHoodlum Science is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Mos Def is far from a "buzzless bum" He's one of the most respected lyricists in hip hop.

Based off what? Blackstar and Black On Both Sides? What else? Two albums?
Hoodlum Science is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #33
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

responding to whole thread in short paragraph:

would be awesome to see, Mos definitely has the vocab of the group, would make an excellent battle. Hitchens is a really bright guy but he's so pompous and arrogant he's hard to backup. Jay-Z doesn't "write". If you don't think Mos Def is a respected lyricist you don't know sh*t about hip hop.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #34
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

LOL @ Hitchens calling him "Mr. Definitely". Classic.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #35
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science

Big, Pun, and Big L each only have two albums. Yet they're respected lyricists. If Nas had never dropped another album ever again after Illmatic, he'd still be seen as a respected lyricist.

Yes, Mos's albums after BOBS have been lackluster in comparison to his debut(though they still have their moments) but that doesn't changed the fact that BOBS cemented Mos a place in hip hop history
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #36
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
How many albums has Biggie released while alive? Big L? Big Pun? Rakim on his own? The D.O.C.?

Point is you don't need to release 342303 albums to be known as one of the best.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #37
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Like the two said earlier....many have had 2 albums and been highly respected in the rap game. How many albums did the Fugees put out? exactly.....

Jay isn't a savior but people who actually listen to Hip Hop can recognize that the guy can truly rhyme his ass off. Eminem, Mos Def, Jay-Z...these dudes can actually freestyle. I haven't heard anything recently so I'm going off of old **** but, there is a certain Jay tape of him freestyling going around...dude was spittin hard with Big L.

That being said, if it did happen, it would hard to say that Jay would actually freestyle. His **** is already in his head anyway and I'm willing to bet he could spit so it sounds like a freestyle......damn I hate when cats do that
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:28 PM   #38
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just saw it for the first time and Mos Def/Hitchens back and forth was hard to watch. Neither of them walked away from that looking good.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #39
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

sad to say but jay has fallen off hard. the whole slow rhymin style he does these days is trash
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #40
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I just saw it for the first time and Mos Def/Hitchens back and forth was hard to watch. Neither of them walked away from that looking good.

yeah i really don't think Mos got "owned" at all, he was asking a pretty straight forward question and making the point that he didn't take any one source as automatically credible. the thing he'd said on the previous (that hitchens was attacking him for) show about not believing in Bin Laden was more to do with discrediting the american fear campaign than it did him actually not believing Osama Bin Laden existed. I think Hitchens was taking him a little too literally. Too many people don't know but front and don't ask. Mos just seemed to be asking some "experts" on the situation for a synopsis of the Taliban's agenda. Hitchens obviously knows more about world politics and events than Mos but I wouldn't say anybody got owned there. Hitchens views on skepticism versus cynicism are VERY close to my heart and I adore his approach and some of his views but he would be well served by a personality makeover, he always comes across as such a f*ck head. he also reminds me a lot of Lewis Prothero from V is for Vendetta.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 06-10-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #41
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
yeah i really don't think Mos got "owned" at all, he was asking a pretty straight forward question and making the point that he didn't take any one source as automatically credible. the thing he'd said on the previous (that hitchens was attacking him for) abouut not believing in Bin Laden was more to do with discrediting the american fear campaign than it did him actually not believing Osama Bin Laden existed. I think Hitchens was taking him a little too literally. Too many people don't know but front and don't ask. Mos just seemed to be asking some "experts" on the situation for a synopsis of the Taliban's agenda. Hitchens obviously knows more about world politics and events than Mos but I wouldn't say anybody got owned there.

That what I took from it. Hitchens just made himself look like a pretensious ******* while Mos Def defended the fact that he is an individual thinker and has a distrust for the media. Not taking the media's translation of Osama's tapes at face value is some reasonable.

Another thing, the fact that no one else knew who Assata Shakur was shocked me a bit.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #42
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He doesn't have the voice/clearity for a debate. I couldn't stand him, seriously. If my mom saw this debate she would say "this is why hip hop is killing our world". I could hardly understand him and his voice was just all over the place. Stuttering and acting a fool pretty much.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #43
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
He doesn't have the voice/clearity for a debate. I couldn't stand him, seriously. If my mom saw this debate she would say "this is why hip hop is killing our world". I could hardly understand him and his voice was just all over the place. Stuttering and acting a fool pretty much.

I don't find him that hard to understand.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #44
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
He doesn't have the voice/clearity for a debate.

he's definitely not built for that forum but I think he's a funny and enlightened man.

DUDE, your boy jigga and my boy Mos would be SUCH A SIIIIICK BATTLE, can you deal? The two undisputed kings of brooklyn hip hop for the last 10 years, two very different camps, two very different styles, but two very sick flows. God i hope this happens. (Weezy has no business being there with these two but it would be fun to watch him get decimated)
Old 06-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #45
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
he's definitely not built for that forum but I think he's a funny and enlightened man.

DUDE, your boy jigga and my boy Mos would be SUCH A SIIIIICK BATTLE, can you deal? The two undisputed kings of brooklyn hip hop for the last 10 years, two very different camps, two very different styles, but two very sick flows. God i hope this happens. (Weezy has no business being there with these two but it would be fun to watch him get decimated)

If Wayne went against Doom he would get slaughtered.

What up
To all rappers shut up with ya shuttin up
And keep your shirt on, at least a button up
Yuck, is they rhymers or strippin males?
Outta work jerks since they shut down Chippendales
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: