Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-23-2009, 04:55 PM   #31
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Denver Nuggets Draft

I agree that PG should be a high priority for the Nuggets, but, they are somewhat thin at PF and C. Thus, I like the ESPN projection of PF Jeff Pendergraph who is 6'10" and 240 lbs. I also like at PG Darren Collison, if he's available. My third choice would be SG Jermaine Taylor, and SG/SF Danny Green as the fourth choice. Any of these players could provide immediate help for the Nuggets.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #32
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerface
I agree that PG should be a high priority for the Nuggets, but, they are somewhat thin at PF and C. Thus, I like the ESPN projection of PF Jeff Pendergraph who is 6'10" and 240 lbs. I also like at PG Darren Collison, if he's available. My third choice would be SG Jermaine Taylor, and SG/SF Danny Green as the fourth choice. Any of these players could provide immediate help for the Nuggets.

Do you think they can get any playing tme, especially if George Karl doesn't allow rookies to play much?....and I agree with you we need these guys to play a lot the more they play the more experience they'll have and will be big contributers to this team, but come on it's George Karl ya know.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #33
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

To tell you the truth I kinda want us to trade into the first round, thats my honest opinion. But I doubt that'll happen, but who knows.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #34
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
Do you think they can get any playing tme, especially if George Karl doesn't allow rookies to play much?....and I agree with you we need these guys to play a lot the more they play the more experience they'll have and will be big contributers to this team, but come on it's George Karl ya know.

I don't believe that GK will have much of a choice. Assuming that Dahntay gets a multi-year offer from another team, and the Nugs let Hart and Carter walk, GK will have to play Weems and whichever rookie they draft. Somehow, the Nugs have been too quiet so far, and I have a gut feeling that a trade or significant free agent signing is on the horizon.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #35
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
To tell you the truth I kinda want us to trade into the first round, thats my honest opinion. But I doubt that'll happen, but who knows.

I'd be pressed pleased if we got a 1st round pick.

Lakers are trying to move theres, 29th anyone?
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #36
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

i think they sold it to the knicks for cash
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:19 PM   #37
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
i think they sold it to the knicks for cash

Yeah they sure did. Still have a chance to move up tho.

Ideal situation would be get one of Minny's picks, they have like 4 in the 1st spread out all over.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:38 PM   #38
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

If we do trade, what would we give up though?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #39
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

future first rounder.... for ty lawson
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #40
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

I'm worried about his height but he's gonna be exciting to watch
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:01 PM   #41
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Yeah they sure did. Still have a chance to move up tho.

Ideal situation would be get one of Minny's picks, they have like 4 in the 1st spread out all over.

Lawson should be fun to watch, hopefully he's going to fit in the system nicely. Carter was a good back up PG but I got some high hopes for Lawson taking over that realm. Only thing is his defense.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #42
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
future first rounder.... for ty lawson

Terrible moment in franchise history

Holiday 1 pick before- jeff teague STILL ON THE BOARD

Horrible pick- they could have made a great pick
el gringos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #43
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Ty Lawson getting mentored by Billups is what excites me the most. The kid is gonna be a stud
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #44
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Just got home from work, and I'm f'n estatic to find out we traded to get Lawson. Thats what I'm talking about, wasn't he one of our draft prospects from last year? we must still really like him, I think he's a good leader...
Old 06-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #45
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Terrible moment in franchise history

Holiday 1 pick before- jeff teague STILL ON THE BOARD

Horrible pick- they could have made a great pick

I'm happy we got Lawson but like I said in the draft thread would have liked to get Holiday\Maynor rather than Lawson. Probably would have took Teague too. Lawson still is a good pickup tho, still pretty pumped.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: