Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 06-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #46
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Denver Nuggets Draft

The thing about it is that at least Lawson isn't some foreign player unlike our actual 34th pick, and at least we know what he has to offer. Just because he wasn't much of a standout in college, it could mean big time for him in the NBA and Karl could actually give the kid a chance considering he's a North Carolina alumni himself. Thats is the biggest upside imo.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #47
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
The thing about it is that at least Lawson isn't some foreign player unlike our actual 34th pick, and at least we know what he has to offer. Just because he wasn't much of a standout in college, it could mean big time for him in the NBA and Karl could actually give the kid a chance considering he's a North Carolina alumni himself. Thats is the biggest upside imo.
34th pick was traded to Houston for cash. Hopefully it's a lot so we can resign bird
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:35 PM   #48
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
34th pick was traded to Houston for cash. Hopefully it's a lot so we can resign bird

My bad man, just got home from work, still getting all the details...lol

Now that the draft is almost over what do you guys think we are going to do next aside from resigning the Birdman, who should we go after in free agency or who should we trade and etc.?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:13 AM   #49
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

TarHeelBorn has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
Huh?

- Bob Cousy Award
- ACC Player of the Year
- Record 8 steals in the NCAA championship
- 3.48 Ast/TO ratio in 08-09 season which I believe is an all-time ACC record
- Averaged 20.8 pts, 6.8 ast, 3.2 stl, 1.4 TO (4.9 ast/to) in 33 minutes in the NCAA tourney ... on a bum toe!

Dude wasn't just a standout, he was outstanding! He will be a great facilitator for a team with a bunch of scorers once Billups hangs 'em up.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 01:32 AM   #50
shortlunatic
Knowledge Is Power

shortlunatic has an OK reputation so far

im pretty happy with this. No more swinging the ball to AC and him firing up some terrible three point shot. Having Lawson will give us great backup PG minutes next year and will take some of the scoring pressure off JR in the second unit.
shortlunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #51
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Congrats Nuggs on Ty Lawson. I cant really say im a die hard fan like most of you but i enjoy watching your team play and my big bro is a big fan of the Nuggets so i root for them from time to time.

Ty Lawson is going to be an excellent pickup and an excellent backup to Chauncey Billups. You now have two VERY good and SMART PGs
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:38 PM   #52
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Nice to see that Lawson wants to be here

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/...o-nuggets-fan/
Old 06-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #53
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Anyone one else see a Jameer Nelson II in Lawson?
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:56 AM   #54
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

yes!
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #55
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Hmm Haven't really thought about who I'd compare him to in the league. I don't know if I'd go with Jameer tho, I think Lawson is going to be more of a playmaker\smarter.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #56
roachkilla
Can barely lace up my sneakers

roachkilla has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Lawson is not Nelson. Not the shooter, not the ball handler. Lawson is Leandro Barbosa, hes not an All Star PG. Hes only got one speed, he cant change speeds, hes got short arms and has a tough time finishing around the basket against the bigs, not to mention he gets abused defensively. Like I said, I think hes another Leandro Barbosa. Very good player, steady PG but not outstanding IMO. I think he fits in well with the Denver system and hes got a lot of good players around him.
roachkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: