Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > WNBA Forum

WNBA Forum WNBA Forum, Women's Basketball Forum - WNBA message board

Old 02-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Lisa Leslie to retire at end of 2009 season

Lisa Leslie to retire from Sparks at season’s end -- The AP reports: Three-time WNBA MVP and four-time Olympic gold medalist Lisa Leslie will call it quits after her upcoming 12th season with the Los Angeles Sparks. The 36-year-old center announced her decision Wednesday, accompanied by her 19-month-old daughter and husband. Leslie, a cornerstone of the league since its start in 1997, guided the Sparks to WNBA championships in 2001 and 2002. “I’m not going to pull a (Michael) Jordan and come back in a year or two,” she said. “For me, I feel good about where I am. … I just know this is a good time. I can still help (the team). I don’t want to be out there when I can’t do it.”
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #2
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lisa Leslie to retire at end of 2009 season

She was an amazing player, probably the WNBA's GOAT, and will hold that title until Candace comes back and continues her reign of greatness .
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

useless thread.. no offense insidehoops..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
pohzoko
I airball my layups

pohzoko has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
She was an amazing player, probably the WNBA's GOAT, and will hold that title until Candace comes back and continues her reign of greatness .
QFT She was the first WNBA player I ever knew about.
pohzoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Its a shame there wasnt a WNBA when Cheryl Miller could play. She was amazing.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:25 AM   #6
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

that's a bummer. lisa leslie was pretty much the only WNBA player i followed or cared about, she was great. a leslie-less WNBA just seems stupid
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:58 PM   #7
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would not go as far to call her the GOAT. Her prime does not match that of Cynthia Cooper's. I would slot her at #2 in regards to WNBA greatness.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #8
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpooty
Its a shame there wasnt a WNBA when Cheryl Miller could play. She was amazing.
Yes she was, she would have been their first Star
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #9
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
that's a bummer. lisa leslie was pretty much the only WNBA player i followed or cared about, she was great. a leslie-less WNBA just seems stupid
Everybody gets old sometime.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:20 AM   #10
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

I think that when the longest thread in the WNBA forum is about which one of them is hotter, you know that nobody takes it seriously.

There's very few sports that women are better at than men and I think people need to work to find more sports like that. Volleyball being one of them, in Men's volleyball its just one ace after another, in women's volleyball there's actually volleys. The same sometimes goes for tennis, but that's one of the few sports where I think both sexes are fun to watch.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #12
Jordan-esque
Real Men watch CBM

Jordan-esque has decent reputationJordan-esque has decent reputation

Don't really follow her much, but wasn't she like the first big-woman in the WNBA like George Mikan was to the NBA?
Jordan-esque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #13
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

It is going to be sad not seeing L Double on the court, but it just gives my Seattle Storm more of a chance now

Congrats, Lisa Leslie. Thanks for being a leader for the WNBA.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #14
golddigger31
Decent playground baller

golddigger31 has decent reputationgolddigger31 has decent reputation

It's a hard decision, but good for her. let's hope she doesnt pull a Jordan, it could lose respect for her.
golddigger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #15
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

She's retired? Wow, loads of news coverage on women's bball.

She was really f*cking good.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: