Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #31
BMOGEFan
Banned

BMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputationBMOGEFan has a bad reputation
Default Re: Man Utd. accept record 94M euro bid for C. Ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by imlmf
how many years?

the money doesn't go to the player...it goes to the team.

thats why teams would accept these transfer fees. with that type of money, you can pick up a pretty good chunk of players at a lesser value.
BMOGEFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #32
GUUS
Banned

GUUS has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
This.

Madrid are better off making a play for De Rossi from Roma for their Midfield.
Essien is better than Ronaldo thats why
GUUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:25 PM   #33
GUUS
Banned

Platini against Real Madrid's transfer movies. Lol what's he going to do, make a transfer cap?

I wonder where the hell Real Madrid got all this money, especially during a recession.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #34
The GM
#ballislife

The GM is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
There have reports by a Munich newspaper that a Snejder, Van der Vaart OR Robben + $ deal is the way Ribery is leaving, if at all.

Though ManU could definitely use Ribery now. If they can get Ribery and another great offensive midfielder they might be better next year. They had too many strikers anyway. Berbatov needs to get more playing time.

Yea I heard Robben, Sneijder + Cash for Ribery but then again why would Ribery want to go to United, I mean Tevez is all but gone, Van Der Sar is going to retire after next season, their midfield got exposed in the CL final I just don't see a good reason why anyone would want to go to a team that just lost their best player, all of a sudden Man U don't look so mighty after all without CR7 in that lineup.
The GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #35
GUUS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GM
Yea I heard Robben, Sneijder + Cash for Ribery but then again why would Ribery want to go to United, I mean Tevez is all but gone, Van Der Sar is going to retire after next season, their midfield got exposed in the CL final I just don't see a good reason why anyone would want to go to a team that just lost their best player, all of a sudden Man U don't look so mighty after all without CR7 in that lineup.
Because Ribery would go there to be the clubs new best player maybe???
Old 06-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #36
The GM
#ballislife

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUUS
Because Ribery would go there to be the clubs new best player maybe???

If that's his goal then yes, go right ahead but if you want to win trophies next season then i would have serious questions about united for the next few years unless they make some serious upgrades and they way United play doesn't suit his style, atleast I don't think I mean just look how great Rooney is for England but yet United still wants to use him basically as a midfielder.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #37
GUUS
Banned

Quote:
If that's his goal then yes, go right ahead but if you want to win trophies next season then i would have serious questions about united for the next few years unless they make some serious upgrades and they way United play doesn't suit his style, atleast I don't think I mean just look how great Rooney is for England but yet United still wants to use him basically as a midfielder.
yeh Rooney is wasted on the wings but who knows maybe they will finally be smart and put him in front.

They buy a winger or two, and Rooney and Berbatov upfront and United is fine.

They still have a strong midfield and world class strikers and defense.

Vidic and Ferdinand all of a sudden will turn bad?

Rooney and Berbatov all of a sudden will suck?

Anderson wont get better???

Ok. United isn't a 'declining team' like you are pretending it is, and with the Ronaldo money, even if they only spend 20 million of it, they will be able to find a suitable enough replacement.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #38
The GM
#ballislife

Quote:
yeh Rooney is wasted on the wings but who knows maybe they will finally be smart and put him in front.

They buy a winger or two, and Rooney and Berbatov upfront and United is fine.

They still have a strong midfield and world class strikers and defense.

Vidic and Ferdinand all of a sudden will turn bad?

Rooney and Berbatov all of a sudden will suck?

Anderson wont get better???

Ok. United isn't a 'declining team' like you are pretending it is, and with the Ronaldo money, even if they only spend 20 million of it, they will be able to find a suitable enough replacement.

There defense is solid as a rock no doubt abut that but I think Ronaldo made alot of those "strong midfielders" look better then they really are cause they had lanes to open up and do what they please because Ronaldo had so much of the attention on him but we will see, alot of things can change from now till the start of the season.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #39
GUUS
Banned

Quote:
There defense is solid as a rock no doubt abut that but I think Ronaldo made alot of those "strong midfielders" look better then they really are cause they had lanes to open up and do what they please because Ronaldo had so much of the attention on him but we will see, alot of things can change from now till the start of the season.
ok you think wrong then, because the United midfielders are just as strong when Ronaldo doesn't play-that's right he doesn't play all the time, and even just with Park playing on the right instead United are just as dangerous and the midfield looks just as strong.

Anderson will get much better. He's only like 21. 94 million Euros is more than enough to buy a winger to replace Ronaldo, even 2 wingers to replace Ronaldo that would allow Rooney to move up top and form a partnership with Berbatov.

Losing Tevez as well as Ronaldo though, you are right that does hurt the team, but United have 94 million euros to replace them, they will be fine
Old 06-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #40
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

big baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow....Ronaldo and Kaka...man does it feel good to be a Real fan right now
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #41
GMW
Local High School Star

GMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation hereGMW has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
ok you think wrong then, because the United midfielders are just as strong when Ronaldo doesn't play-that's right he doesn't play all the time, and even just with Park playing on the right instead United are just as dangerous and the midfield looks just as strong.
The thought of Man Utd being "just as strong" without Ronaldo
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #42
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn Kaka & Ronaldo...incredible

Man U, go after Ribery!
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:01 PM   #43
Aidan
Both Teams Play Hard.

Aidan has decent reputation

Well Rooney was played on the left because of his work ethic, and the fact that if played up front, there would have been no space for Tevez or Berbatov.

United need 3 players to become the best team in europe.
Striker-Perhaps David Villa, we need a pacy goalscorer to complement Berba up front. Or even better, Benzema.

Winger-Unfortunately, neither Park or Nani are cut out to be a first choice player at united. Ribery would be superb, but he may be overpriced.

Midfielder- If Hargreaves doesn't return as strong as he was, which i fear won't happen, then we need to go after a big strong athletic midfielder. I like Anderson, but he's not aggressive enough to partner Carrick. Obviously Fletcher and Carrick should start, but I think a 3rd player sitting behind these two would be needed. Hopefully if hargreaves returns fully fit then this won't be needed.

2009/10 Lineup:
GK: Foster
LB: Evra
CB: Ferdinand
CB: Vidic
RB: O'Shea
DM-Hargreaves
CM-Fletcher
CM-Carrick
RW-Ribery
LW-Rooney
ST-Benzema/Berbatov

For home games, drop one of the 3 midfielders, and play Benzema and Berbatov up front.

Would be crazy expensive though.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #44
GUUS
Banned

Why are all Irish United fans? Is it cuz of Keano?
Old 06-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #45
Aidan
Both Teams Play Hard.

Aidan has decent reputation

Quote:
Why are all Irish United fans? Is it cuz of Keano?

Eh, it's pretty evenly split between Liverpool and United.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: