Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default How to get on an international team?

How the heck does one go about playing international ball?.. do they ever have open tryouts in the US?
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How to get on an international team?

Lots of the US minor league teams have connections with International leagues, the Wba, ABA, IBL, CBA just google minor leagues. At the minor league games there are always international scouts looking for talent, if they like what you got they inquire about you and they pay the league to take you off their hands
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know texas has a minor league circuit for sure good luck drop us a call when you are famous
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
Taras Bulba
I airball my layups

Taras Bulba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
How the heck does one go about playing international ball?.. do they ever have open tryouts in the US?
No. But they scout the NBA teams' tryouts. Get an agent.
Taras Bulba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:16 AM   #5
sobeking
I airball my layups

sobeking has an OK reputation so far

You're asking that because you actually are seeking for an opportunity in a european ball team or you're just curious to know how an american dude gets to Europe to play ball??
sobeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #6
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobeking
You're asking that because you actually are seeking for an opportunity in a european ball team or you're just curious to know how an american dude gets to Europe to play ball??

1st one.. Im in the process of trying to get a short video made of myself hooping, doing drills, workouts ,etc and sending it out to various sports agencies , international ball clubs.. got any advice?
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #7
sobeking
I airball my layups

sobeking has an OK reputation so far

Well, I don't have much to say, but I guess you're aware that european clubs have B teams and Youth teams and that's where they get the players, aside from free agents signings. Ricky Rubio and Gasol weren't drafted there's not a draft for a spanish pro teams, they come from Youth teams and in the case of Rubio, he got himself to the main team real fast...

For that, he really stood out in the B team or Youth teams.

IMO that video idea might work, but I'd say the best you can expect is to get yourself into a Youth team or B team... And consider that this will require you to move to the country of the club. Imagine yourself going to play for Partizan in Belgrade, Serbia... That's a big change for any american.

Try to talk with an agent at least, to have a better idea of what is needed to attract attention from european clubs..

But unless you're a college player, I guess it's not possible to go straight to the senior team, you'll likely have to rise from below to get there.
sobeking is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: