Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 02:14 AM   #1441
KingLeBronJames
LeBron GOAT

Default Re: June 11: Lakers @ Magic, Game 4 (NBA Finals)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
"The NBA rule states that an elbow above the shoulder draws an automatic ejection. The rule also states that "violent acts of any nature on the court will not be tolerated. Players involved in altercations will be ejected, fined and/or suspended."

Would have been a whole different game. Better be a suspension.
#1 the elbow was unintentional. #2. No fists were thrown so no suspension.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:15 AM   #1442
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Yeah your right NBA is rigged. They obviously won't follow their own rules for Kobe but its okay to for Dwight.
Dwight hit Pau with his elbow right in the neck in the 3rd quarter. Are you ready for Dwight to sit?
Old 06-12-2009, 02:15 AM   #1443
chopchop20
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
Hold on ... what happened?

They asked him about what was said between him and Howard after the the foul. Kobe played it off as no big deal. He said, "you that Dwight doesn't cuss and I don't either" Then he gave a cheesy A$$ grin.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:15 AM   #1444
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
Can we get MJ's stats in the finals during the second three-peat too?

LMAO @ this dude.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:16 AM   #1445
Kappy
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
Just ignore it. He is trying to get you to respond. Don't give him the satisfaction. Just ignore it... and hope we close this tough Magic team out and then rub it in his face every single day. If you want me to PM him every day with you just let me know...

I know ... I shouldn't let the stupid a** get to me ... BUT DAMN, he's an annoying little sh*t!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 02:17 AM   #1446
BTrujillo
& got a triple-double

Good effort by the Lakers... sticking to it and pulling it out... as much as Fisher has frustrated me this playoffs I will never talk sh*t again

For all the talk about Kobe... he obviously did not shoot the ball well... but there were numerous plays in the 4th and OT where he should have gotten a call.... good job getting others involved... but he did switch to Kobe ball a little in OT... do NOT approve of it... but everyone is responsible for that...

elbow was going through the motion of passing the ball... Nelson got into his space... not even comparable to Dwight... who swung and did not have the ball...however Pietrus' foul might merit a suspension... what do folks think?
Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 AM   #1447
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Dwight hit Pau with his elbow right in the neck in the 3rd quarter. Are you ready for Dwight to sit?

Yeah didn't see that play but if he did he should too.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 AM   #1448
TMacYaoRockets
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Yeah your right NBA is rigged. They obviously won't follow their own rules for Kobe but its okay to for Dwight.
Quit your whinning.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 AM   #1449
BTrujillo
& got a triple-double

LMAO at Dwight not really understanding what the Asian reporter with an accent asked him
Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 AM   #1450
Avaj
Great young streetballer

Even Hulk Hogan couldn't save the Magic tonight
Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 AM   #1451
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Warning anti-kobe rant/essay:
Is it me or is Kobe
a) an idiot?
b) just not gonna deliver in the finals when it counts?

He's had his one good offensive game in the finals (game 1) so far; he had one good offensive game in each of the previous two finals, and based on that it scares me that he won't have anymore the way he's playing. Let me clarify...yes he's putting up the numbers, but he's doing it horribly inefficiently and mostly because he's playing incredibly forced offense, especially in the 4th.

Ariza and Fisher saved the Laker's butt today (in game 3 Odom and Gasol almost did). When it mattered most Kobe was nowhere to be seen except chucking up bad shots. To his credit he gave the ball up near the end which lead to big shots (two fisher plays and the Gasol dunk). But the fact remains...the guy nearly gave the game away again thanks to his incessant chucking. Is it too much to ask a guy not to shoot four straight possessions in a row and move the ball a bit to keep his team mates in the game and also to make his own life easier?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a hater. I want Kobe to do well. I love watching his game when he plays smart, team ball. But in the finals we're not getting that guy. If his shot's on you get game 1. But if its off, you get most of his games this year (same as '04 & '08). And don't anyone tell me about the assists. AI averaged about a ton too, so did LeBron. And both those guys dominate(d) the ball too much on their teams.

So I have just one wish besides LA winning it all. In the remaining games can we please run our God damned offense.

It isn't always about stats. I think he actually shot decently in the fourth and overtime. I think what most people are seeing was how difficult it was for the Lakers to get a good shot off when Dwight Howard hunkered down and defended the crap out of the paint. I mean we couldn't get anything inside. They went to Gasol a couple times and he couldn't convert because Howard pushed him out and it was getting physical in there. But Phil said it himself... the turning point in this game came when Kobe ripped the ball out of Howards hand on that rebound. Kobe just got it done... it wasn't pretty... it wasn't efficient... but it was grimey and raw and pit-bullish. There is more than one way to win a game!

And he got it to the right guy when it counted! Go Fisher!
Old 06-12-2009, 02:19 AM   #1452
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Fischer is cold blooded. Jameer Nelson is an idiot for not running him off the three point line at the end of the 4th quarter though. If I am guarding that man in a pivitol moment I am not letting him get off a 3.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:20 AM   #1453
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
Amazing. Lakers won despite the refs ****ing them over all game

Ariza should have been fouled out in the first half of EVERY game so far with the way he's been allowed to play Turkoglu, and Gasol should have had foul trouble too with the way he's leaning and pushing with both arms on Howard's back and chest all the time. So don't talk about the refs, please.

I'd LOVE to see the refs let someone play D on Kobe the way they let Ariza play Turk. It'd be hysterical.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:20 AM   #1454
chopchop20
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrujillo
Good effort by the Lakers... sticking to it and pulling it out... as much as Fisher has frustrated me this playoffs I will never talk sh*t again

For all the talk about Kobe... he obviously did not shoot the ball well... but there were numerous plays in the 4th and OT where he should have gotten a call.... good job getting others involved... but he did switch to Kobe ball a little in OT... do NOT approve of it... but everyone is responsible for that...

elbow was going through the motion of passing the ball... Nelson got into his space... not even comparable to Dwight... who swung and did not have the ball...however Pietrus' foul might merit a suspension... what do folks think?

I think Kobe just kept attacking. He kept his composure when he got hit. You gotta realize -- Kobe has to play that way. He's gotta press the issue because we have good shooters, but not a lot of guys who can create shots off the bounce.

Kobe has made good passes all series. Obviously, there's 1 or 2 shots that u always wish u could take back. But he's our best player, he's the one who should take the shots.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:22 AM   #1455
mbell75
Another title in LA :)

Wonder how the Magic are feeling about that Ariza/Cook trade right about now?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread