Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-09-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
Trade
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Can Adam Morrison Play PF??

I Know its a stupid thread but i need to know

Last edited by Trade : 09-09-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

I'm going to pretend I didn't see this.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
Trade
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I'm going to pretend I didn't see this.
i dont follow college ball
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

against middle schoolers, yes he can
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

In the WNBA.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #6
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
In the WNBA.

i dont know about that..
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #7
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

He can play PF. He can also play QB. He also can play goalie. The matter of him being good at it is a different question.

Why would he play PF? The Cats already have May, Oak, and Primo playing downlow
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
i dont know about that..
Yeah, Cheryl Ford would whore him.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:14 PM   #9
BankShot
3-time NBA All-Star

Could he? Sure, in a bind where Brezec, May, and Ely all have health or foul issues, he could play Power Forward. As long as Emeka Okafor was playing center, and playing some generous help defense, i guess he could temporarily play the 4 spot.

How about this super-small lineup for the Bobcats...

PG: Raymond Felton
SG: Brevin Knight
SF: Gerald Wallace
PF: Adam Morrison
C: Emeka Okafor
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:14 PM   #10
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Nothing would stop him from it. He wouldnt be the usual but ive seen Antawn Jamison, Peja, AK47, and so on do it from time to time. He cant defend the Brands, Duncans, KG,s and such but thats what Emeka is for. How many teams have two legit post threats that need to be defended well at all times? When its against a guy like Dirk he wouldnt be on him anyway. Gerald Wallace probably would.

People get too stuck on what those guys are supposed to do. We have 6'7'' boris diaw guarding Yao Ming i nthe NBA. 7 footers shooting threes. Pointguards leading the team in rebounds. 6'10'' point forwards. I go with the Riley approach. Put your best guys out there and work it out. Really arent that many teams where they flat couldnt afford to have this frontcourt on the floor.

Gerald Wallace
Adam
Emeka

Not classic. But if the Suns can have Jones, Marion, and Diaw for weeks at a time...never know.

Its not perfect but I know if they put him out there at the 4 the other team wont just go on a 200-3 run. Just something to coach around.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 06:33 PM   #11
browntown
Local High School Star

I doubt he would because if that situation happend they would put g Wallace there instead.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:02 PM   #12
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Nothing would stop him from it. He wouldnt be the usual but ive seen Antawn Jamison, Peja, AK47, and so on do it from time to time. He cant defend the Brands, Duncans, KG,s and such but thats what Emeka is for. How many teams have two legit post threats that need to be defended well at all times? When its against a guy like Dirk he wouldnt be on him anyway. Gerald Wallace probably would.

People get too stuck on what those guys are supposed to do. We have 6'7'' boris diaw guarding Yao Ming i nthe NBA. 7 footers shooting threes. Pointguards leading the team in rebounds. 6'10'' point forwards. I go with the Riley approach. Put your best guys out there and work it out. Really arent that many teams where they flat couldnt afford to have this frontcourt on the floor.

Gerald Wallace
Adam
Emeka

Not classic. But if the Suns can have Jones, Marion, and Diaw for weeks at a time...never know.

Its not perfect but I know if they put him out there at the 4 the other team wont just go on a 200-3 run. Just something to coach around.

Stupiest post i have seen in a while. Adam Morrison cant guard any pf in the league. ANy pf that starts would give him 20 - 30. Guys like Kwame Brown would give him 30, Kenny Thomas would give 30. Even Haslem would give him 25.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #13
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Point out to me which decent scoring pointguards Nash, Sam Cassell, or Earl Boykins can defend one on one. I notice they are still o nthe floor. You could be the worst defender in the league basketball is still a team sport. Bad and horrible defenders have gotten along ok for many years because their offensive value was greater than defensive negatives.

If youre good enough on one end you can always be hidden onthe other. hell there have been guys like Manute Bol play 10 years and literally hide in the corner on offense. A good coach works around a matchup problem.

Game has 2 ends. You hold your own on offense enough you will be worked in on defense. Besides theres no "Guard who guards you" rule i nthe NBA. Just because hes on the lineup at the 4 doesnt mean hes guarding a power forward. And if he does you know how many players in the league dont score even when not well defended?

PJ Brown not being a good matchup for Adam doesnt mean the Bulls run their offense through him to take advantage. Adam being on the floor doesnt mean Kobe is gonna defer to Kwame Brown. Or Lebron, Hughes, and Z are gonna sit back and let Drew Gooden get the most touches. Basketball isnt as simple as "That guy is a bad defender throw out how we play and give the ball to the guy hes on 40 times".

In a well designed and executed defense it doesnt matter that much if one guy isnt great as long as hes not the focal point of the D. There are things he cant do. I wouldnt have him hold downthe paint help D wise. But he could hold his area of the zone given time to work on it. He could learn when to go over or under the screen. He could know if Cuttino Mobley is likely to go left or not(seems half the league still have not figured that out). Defense is way more than your physical ability to defend. Its mental. If hes well coached and puts in the effort hes not gonna be so much of a problem on D that he cant play the 4.

If you think because hes on the floor teams will abandon their offense to watch Kwame, Gooden, Troy Murphy, Juwan Howard and so on play one on one all day you just dont understand the game. And if you think that just because hes onthe floor hes got to defend Dirk, Webber, Bosh, Brand and so on you must think his coaching staff is retarded. Damn near every team has someone he can be put on on defense to cover his problems. And with the zone legal its easier than ever.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:30 PM   #14
IlliniFan
NBA rookie of the year

defending a guard and defending a forward are 2 VERY different things. Strength in a forward is MUCH more important than strength in a guard. You have to defend the post and that takes a lot of strength.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 07:31 PM   #15
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Point out to me which decent scoring pointguards Nash, Sam Cassell, or Earl Boykins can defend one on one. I notice they are still o nthe floor. You could be the worst defender in the league basketball is still a team sport. Bad and horrible defenders have gotten along ok for many years because their offensive value was greater than defensive negatives.

If youre good enough on one end you can always be hidden onthe other. hell there have been guys like Manute Bol play 10 years and literally hide in the corner on offense. A good coach works around a matchup problem.

Game has 2 ends. You hold your own on offense enough you will be worked in on defense. Besides theres no "Guard who guards you" rule i nthe NBA. Just because hes on the lineup at the 4 doesnt mean hes guarding a power forward. And if he does you know how many players in the league dont score even when not well defended?

PJ Brown not being a good matchup for Adam doesnt mean the Bulls run their offense through him to take advantage. Adam being on the floor doesnt mean Kobe is gonna defer to Kwame Brown. Or Lebron, Hughes, and Z are gonna sit back and let Drew Gooden get the most touches. Basketball isnt as simple as "That guy is a bad defender throw out how we play and give the ball to the guy hes on 40 times".

In a well designed and executed defense it doesnt matter that much if one guy isnt great as long as hes not the focal point of the D. There are things he cant do. I wouldnt have him hold downthe paint help D wise. But he could hold his area of the zone given time to work on it. He could learn when to go over or under the screen. He could know if Cuttino Mobley is likely to go left or not(seems half the league still have not figured that out). Defense is way more than your physical ability to defend. Its mental. If hes well coached and puts in the effort hes not gonna be so much of a problem on D that he cant play the 4.

If you think because hes on the floor teams will abandon their offense to watch Kwame, Gooden, Troy Murphy, Juwan Howard and so on play one on one all day you just dont understand the game. And if you think that just because hes onthe floor hes got to defend Dirk, Webber, Bosh, Brand and so on you must think his coaching staff is retarded. Damn near every team has someone he can be put on on defense to cover his problems. And with the zone legal its easier than ever.

I guess Phil JAckson doesnt understand the game either because he changed the game plan and went inside against Boris Diaw and Tim Thomas. Fact is Morrison can not play Pf at any time because he cant rebound good enough is only 6"7 and guard any1. He will kill any defensive schmene the coach runs. I

By you logic any 6"7 player can play pf or center. I guess you know more than all the NBA coaches

Last edited by Younggrease : 09-09-2006 at 07:36 PM.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: