Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Kevin Garnett is no more

I have been thinking about the last few months and garnett.

People are talking about his prime, and how its-a-wastin.

Well IMO Kevin Garnett's prime is gone already, his chances of winning and being the main man was the year they made the conference finals and then the year after that that was his last year of dominance.

So u wanna trade odom and somethin else for garnett? your giving up too much. We tried getting him, we tried for a while.

But the stubborness of garnett made him fail to realize that his chance to be dominant with another great (kobe) is now gone as we all have totally lost interest in acquiring him. He kept insisting he will stay with the team that drafted him and he failed.

He failed to bring a championship to his team, He is in denial and is covering up by saying "I'm gettin old". Little does he know....

It's already happened.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

I would still pull the trigger if it was odom/cookie and maybe a 1st rounder...true KG is 31 but...

1) 31 isnt much, still somewhat in his prime, just needs some sort of surge (paired with kobe). KG is a workoholic so he takes care of his body too.

2)Being paired up with kobe will make it easier on both players and will bring out the best in both. I mean, KG is the only threat minny had and teams concentrated on him only..and hes a perennial 22/13/4/2 guy...kobe was in the same situatin last season with 35/5/5...so combining both is a sure success.

3) Kwame and KG can anchor a defense. Few teams will be able to score on us down there.

But all in all, like I said in the other thread, theres a counter arguement to all that. Just depends on how you want to look at it.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #3
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Please. KG no longer in his prime?

So because some of you are FINALLY starting to realise that the Lakers won't be able to get him with the talent you have now, he's all of a sudden not good enough to be a Laker and past his prime?

Hysterical. Bring this thread up after he drops 25/15/5 on you.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:32 PM   #4
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

KG is in his prime right now. he will be dropping off soon though...in another year or two. Any failure to bring an championship is purely on management, not KG.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi

So because some of you are FINALLY starting to realise that the Lakers won't be able to get him with the talent you have now, he's all of a sudden not good enough to be a Laker and past his prime?

Not because were thinking we cant get him but more like because of how long everything is taking, he wont be a young healthy superstar by the time he would come.

the next time minny wuld think about trading him is if he demands it BY THE END of this year...meaning he wont be 31 anymore but 32 instead.

So im sayin by the time we could get him it would be long gone.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #6
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi

2 season of not coming close to making the playoffs? That's not a franchise player in his prime, so he's either past it, or he's just not as good as advertised and would be better suited as a great 2nd option. His stats have been declining slowly but steadily, and while he's had a way better supporting cast than Kobe the past 2 years, he's been unable to lead his team to any sort of success. Don't get me wrong, he's still putting up double-doubles, and capable of 25/15/5 on some nights, and definitely a good all-around player (plays defense unlike some other scrawny 7 footers) but he doesn't dominate regularly at all, and he either doesn't like his teammates, or his situation, because I haven't seen him look happy in years. Don't forget it took both Spreewell and Cassell to get him to a decent position in the playoffs, he hasn't acheived anything since then.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:03 PM   #7
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Wtf!!!

Are you all blind? KG is still a top-5 player in the league!!

I'd give up a lot more than just LO7 and peices for him!
KG and Kobe in the same lineup, that's Magic and Kareem
all over again. (Two top-5 players....) They didn't do too bad!!!

Trade anybody but Kobe if KG becomes available!!! Do it Mitch!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:17 PM   #8
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Odom has many years left but will he ever live up to the Hype he is capable of I don't know. But KG has 3-4 years left in him at the least. And if we pull the trigger for let say Odom Cook and Milm or 1st rounder. He might help us to the finals for the next three years or more. But after that he will be to out of it age will catch up. But with luck Bynum Brown may step in.
Right now he's at the stage where he has been caring his team all alone because of bad management. Even injured he is able to bring in good numbers and hold his own.
With a star player Like Kobe and a young supporting cast the Laker's would have a championship team, and even when he retires the young player's will be in their prime. So many possibility!!

I say KG to Laker's is good but not if it Odom and Bynum or Odom and Brown.
But Odom and Cook and Milm or Odom Cook and a 1rd pick!!

People say he is done at 30 but if he was 34 I would agree but he's not he is just two years older than me and Kobe. So Laker's if they have any chance of trading for KG with out sending Bynum and Brown and giving Odom his own team I say go for it!!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #9
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
2 season of not coming close to making the playoffs? That's not a franchise player in his prime, so he's either past it, or he's just not as good as advertised and would be better suited as a great 2nd option. His stats have been declining slowly but steadily, and while he's had a way better supporting cast than Kobe the past 2 years, he's been unable to lead his team to any sort of success. Don't get me wrong, he's still putting up double-doubles, and capable of 25/15/5 on some nights, and definitely a good all-around player (plays defense unlike some other scrawny 7 footers) but he doesn't dominate regularly at all, and he either doesn't like his teammates, or his situation, because I haven't seen him look happy in years. Don't forget it took both Spreewell and Cassell to get him to a decent position in the playoffs, he hasn't acheived anything since then.

I cannot agree with you on that. he's had really crappy talent around him, just like Kobe. He's a great player on a ****ty team, just like AI and Paul Pierce. Blame management for them not making the playoffs. KG is still a top 10 player in the league.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #10
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

So u wanna trade odom and somethin else for garnett? your giving up too much. We tried getting him, we tried for a while.

He still averages 20 and 10 and a few blocks a game. And he is still a top 5 player in the league.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:10 PM   #11
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
He still averages 20 and 10 and a few blocks a game. And he is still a top 5 player in the league.

I agree but not if includes Bynum or Brown still!!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #12
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well, interesting conversation. Lakerfreak brings a valid point. I think if you look at age as the only measure of whether KG is in his prime, you are making a mistake. I would consider it more like car... would you pay more for a 5- Year old car with 50,000 miles or 100,000 miles? The answer is simple. KG does have a lot of mileage on him as he has carried that team and played a TON of minutes. Same logic holds for Kobe. He also has a lot of mileage.

I would be surprised if KG lasts another 2 to 3 productive years in the league. He has been blessed with a generally injury free career and an awesome work ethic that has kept him playing so well for so long.

I just don't give up Odom for KG at this point. Now of course, I would love to get KG, but I just think we need to look seriously at what price the Lakers should pay for him.

Now, I would LOVE to see KG, Kobe and Lamar playing together. That would be a BLAST!

Just my humble opinion.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 02:12 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Well, interesting conversation. Lakerfreak brings a valid point. I think if you look at age as the only measure of whether KG is in his prime, you are making a mistake. I would consider it more like car... would you pay more for a 5- Year old car with 50,000 miles or 100,000 miles? The answer is simple. KG does have a lot of mileage on him as he has carried that team and played a TON of minutes. Same logic holds for Kobe. He also has a lot of mileage.

I would be surprised if KG lasts another 2 to 3 productive years in the league. He has been blessed with a generally injury free career and an awesome work ethic that has kept him playing so well for so long.

I just don't give up Odom for KG at this point. Now of course, I would love to get KG, but I just think we need to look seriously at what price the Lakers should pay for him.

Now, I would LOVE to see KG, Kobe and Lamar playing together. That would be a BLAST!

Just my humble opinion.

Thank you SoCalMike.

People look at my post and they thing I was dissing kevin and the wolves but all I said was look how much harm this may do to us in the future. thats all.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:59 AM   #14
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Clean up time. sry mario and kobe4life
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:00 AM   #15
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
Odom has many years left but will he ever live up to the Hype he is capable of I don't know. But KG has 3-4 years left in him at the least. And if we pull the trigger for let say Odom Cook and Milm or 1st rounder. He might help us to the finals for the next three years or more. But after that he will be to out of it age will catch up. But with luck Bynum Brown may step in.
Right now he's at the stage where he has been caring his team all alone because of bad management. Even injured he is able to bring in good numbers and hold his own.
With a star player Like Kobe and a young supporting cast the Laker's would have a championship team, and even when he retires the young player's will be in their prime. So many possibility!!

I say KG to Laker's is good but not if it Odom and Bynum or Odom and Brown.
But Odom and Cook and Milm or Odom Cook and a 1rd pick!!
People say he is done at 30 but if he was 34 I would agree but he's not he is just two years older than me and Kobe. So Laker's if they have any chance of trading for KG with out sending Bynum and Brown and giving Odom his own team I say go for it!!!!

Excellent analysis mariodeathgrip: As you know I'm a huge Odom fan but more importantly landing KG will make us instant contenders, so giving up Odom and anyone else on the roster excluding the killer B's (Bryant,Brown & Bynum) then we should win a couple more championships w/the Kobe & KG tandem. So putting all that into consideration getting McHale to rationalize w Mitch upon KG's reguest to become a Laker is still a greater task then the task of asking mitch to pull the trigger once the deal's on the table.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: