Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 06-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #361
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Mor'Fiyah has decent reputationMor'Fiyah has decent reputation
Default Re: Post-game discussion of Lakers-Magic NBA Finals Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
You are quoting rules from a Gulf Coast Florida league?

But seriously... just admit you had it wrong. No biggie. It doesn't mean you are retarded or anything. I was just joking about that.
Mor'Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #362
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

don juan de marco has an OK reputation so far

why are so many Lakers haters upset? The Refs basically gave the magic the game but the magic players choked.

the Magic had 17 more ft attempts than the lakers. I think in the 4th and overtime alone the magic shot 18 ft's compared to 2 ft by the Lakers.
How did the Lakers win this game?
don juan de marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #363
derman
I brick open layups

derman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
What will you do if someone finds video or posts a gif and you are wrong? And I happen to know you are wrong as I DVRed the game and just watched it back again. They even freeze it as they talk about the rebound and look at his feet.

I will send you 100 $ if I was wrong.
make a gif of that ariza rebound, where his feet were before he jumped for the rebound and then we talk.
derman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #364
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

Tontoz, all we can do is to tell it to you and provide example after example.

Unfortunately, we can't understand it for you.
EllEffEll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #365
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
In most cases of basketball play, unless a player is checking out of the game then he is never deemed to be going out of bounds voluntarily. Coming back in immediately is subjective, but rarely comes into question because its really meant to prevent players from waiting out of bounds or running along the out of bounds line and returning into play at some convenient moment. Ariza did none of these things.

And, yes, if Ariza was athletic enough to jump in bounds and do a head spin with both feet in the air and make a three it would be legal. Yes. Yes Yes.
On ESPN last year, they showed a video of a high school in bounds play where a kid hid in a hallway off the baseline, and then cut to the basket for a layup off the in bounds pass. The ref did not know how to call it, so he called a tech for unsportsmanlike play. They asked the head of the ref's association in that state about it, and he quoted the rule about voluntarily leaving the court, and returning immediately.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #366
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

OldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
It is a quote from a ref site, explaining misunderstood basketball rules:
http://www.phillyref.com/rules/baske...nderstood.html

That's not the NBA rule. The NBA rule has ALWAYS been that you need to re-establish both feet inbounds before you touch the ball.
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #367
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
That's not the NBA rule. The NBA rule has ALWAYS been that you need to re-establish both feet inbounds before you touch the ball.
Show where it says that.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #368
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:

But seriously... just admit you had it wrong. No biggie. It doesn't mean you are retarded or anything. I was just joking about that.

If you can show me somewhere that says the NBA rule is that you don't need to get both feet back in bounds then i will bow down. But if you are quoting HS rules or summer league rules....
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #369
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall

Quote said NBA rule then. Please. Thank you.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #370
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Quote:
If you can show me somewhere that says the NBA rule is that you don't need to get both feet back in bounds then i will bow down. But if you are quoting HS rules or summer league rules....

Dude I have actually found rules that support my stance. Why don't you practice what you preach and post the NBA rule that says you have to establish both feet to return inbounds from going out of bounds.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #371
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by derman
I will send you 100 $ if I was wrong.
make a gif of that ariza rebound, where his feet were before he jumped for the rebound and then we talk.

How the hell do I do that? I don't have the set up to get media from my DVR.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #372
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

Quote:

The refs called it that Ariza was not OOB, the commentators called that it was OK, I have provided the only reference in the NBA rule book that deals with establishing whether or not a player is or isn't in bounds.

Sorry chap, but at this point, I think the burden of proof should be on you to show it should be anything other than the way it was called, the way it is stated in the NBA rule book and the way the commentators all agreed that it was legal.
EllEffEll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #373
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
I believe it is actually both feet, both hands, and your tongue touching the floor to establish the you are back in bounds. Please quote the rule that proves me wrong.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #374
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Dude I have actually found rules that support my stance. Why don't you practice what you preach and post the NBA rule that says you have to establish both feet to return inbounds from going out of bounds.

Looks like we are both out of luck then.

And yes there are many cases where guys run out of bounds voluntarily, especially going around screens near the baseline.

As far as the Ariza play goes i watched it live and i couldn't even tell that he came from out of bounds. That play certainly didn't cost the Magic the game. They blew it on their own.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #375
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

don juan de marco has an OK reputation so far

got this from another forum:

Jun 12, 2009 -- 4:27PM, Cutta by the way of FLA wrote:

Yo me and my boys were in Downtown Orlando late last night after the game to go get drunk and blow off some steam...and guess who we saw....Skip to my Lou(Rafer Alston) walkin down the strip in Downtown Orlando on Church Street drunk as hell str8 clownin lmao. This ***** is prolly one of the funniest and humble pro ball players you could meet cuz he's quick to just act like he's just one of ya homeboys and just chill. But anyways...amongst the aura of defeat and disappointment I left the house with(and me posting on here WHY THE **** SKIP WASNT PLAYING ANYMORE AFTER THE 1st HALF) This ***** was sayin the realist advice the Magic can and should take....Skip walks down the strip with a chick and two semi-big ****** yelling out..."ORLANDO!! IF YOU WANNA WIN..PUT SKIP IN!!!....Aye dawg what up..YOU WANNA WIN DAWG?...YOU WANNA WIN??...PUT SKIP IN!!!" LMAO dude was throw'd and had us rollin the whole night. Game 5 Sunday! PUT SKIP IN!!! lol
don juan de marco is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: