Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 06-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #376
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Mor'Fiyah has decent reputationMor'Fiyah has decent reputation
Default Re: Post-game discussion of Lakers-Magic NBA Finals Game 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by derman
I will send you 100 $ if I was wrong.
make a gif of that ariza rebound, where his feet were before he jumped for the rebound and then we talk.

Looking for it... almost found it!
Mor'Fiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #377
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Quote:
make a gif of that ariza rebound, where his feet were before he jumped for the rebound and then we talk.

2:45 mark here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxn6BYy_mIE

Send my money punk!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #378
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Looks like we are both out of luck then.

And yes there are many cases where guys run out of bounds voluntarily, especially going around screens near the baseline.

As far as the Ariza play goes i watched it live and i couldn't even tell that he came from out of bounds. That play certainly didn't cost the Magic the game. They blew it on their own.

How are we both out of luck. I found references for my claims. You haven't found diddly squat for yours. And my reference even talks about how its a commonly misunderstood rule in basketball.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #379
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Quote:

I prefer 2 $20s and 6 $10s

Thanks

Old 06-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #380
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

don juan de marco has an OK reputation so far

In any language, Gasol angry with Pietrus foul

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—Pau Gasol(notes) is from Spain, Mickael Pietrus(notes) from France. So when they have a confrontation on the court, what language is it in?

“I said it in English to make sure he understood it,” Gasol said. “If I would have known it in French, I would have said it in French.”

Pietrus was called for a flagrant foul for pushing Gasol in the back as the Lakers forward completed a dunk with 3.4 seconds left in overtime of Los Angeles’ 99-91 victory in Game 4. Gasol started yelling at Pietrus and the players came together, and both were assessed technical fouls.

“I said a couple of things that I can’t repeat on camera,” Gasol said.

Gasol said it felt more like a punch than a push, and was angry because he was already in the air, too late for Pietrus to attempt a play on the ball. But he understood it came out of frustration.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said it looked like Pietrus had “a serious intention to come at him,” but wouldn’t say if there should be any further punishment for the Magic guard.

The NBA said Friday there would be none.

“I wasn’t trying to be a jerk,” Pietrus said. “I’ve been in the NBA for seven years and have never been considered a dirty player. It was just a hard foul and I love Pau; we’ve played so many times together in Europe. That’s how it is.”

I guess the Refs are still on the Magic side. That should of been a 1 game suspension
don juan de marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #381
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by don juan de marco
In any language, Gasol angry with Pietrus foul

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)—Pau Gasol(notes) is from Spain, Mickael Pietrus(notes) from France. So when they have a confrontation on the court, what language is it in?

“I said it in English to make sure he understood it,” Gasol said. “If I would have known it in French, I would have said it in French.”

Pietrus was called for a flagrant foul for pushing Gasol in the back as the Lakers forward completed a dunk with 3.4 seconds left in overtime of Los Angeles’ 99-91 victory in Game 4. Gasol started yelling at Pietrus and the players came together, and both were assessed technical fouls.

“I said a couple of things that I can’t repeat on camera,” Gasol said.

Gasol said it felt more like a punch than a push, and was angry because he was already in the air, too late for Pietrus to attempt a play on the ball. But he understood it came out of frustration.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said it looked like Pietrus had “a serious intention to come at him,” but wouldn’t say if there should be any further punishment for the Magic guard.

The NBA said Friday there would be none.

“I wasn’t trying to be a jerk,” Pietrus said. “I’ve been in the NBA for seven years and have never been considered a dirty player. It was just a hard foul and I love Pau; we’ve played so many times together in Europe. That’s how it is.”

I guess the Refs are still on the Magic side. That should of been a 1 game suspension

that was not a push at all , a clear frustrating punch by Pietrus
East_Stone_Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #382
derman
I brick open layups

derman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
I prefer 2 $20s and 6 $10s

Thanks

I was not wrong, punk. I said that when ariza jumped for the ball, his feet was out of bonds. and it was. look at the 2.42 mark. that is when ariza jumped for the rebound. he was out of bounds. so no 100 $ for you. better luck next time

Last edited by derman : 06-12-2009 at 06:26 PM.
derman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #383
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Quote:
I was not wrong, punk. I said that when ariza jumped for the ball, his feet was out of bonds. and it was. look at the 2.42 mark. that is when ariza jumped for the rebound. he was out of bounds. so no 100 $ for you. better luck next time

In the gif shown Ariza has not caught the ball yet. One foot is in bounds and the other foot was already picked up out of the out of bounds area. He never jumps for the ball before that. That is not a picture of Ariza after the rebound. That is milliseconds before the rebound.

But whatever... even in the face of obvious evidence you are still lying. Wow.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #384
derman
I brick open layups

derman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mor'Fiyah
In the gif shown Ariza has not caught the ball yet. One foot is in bounds and the other foot was already picked up out of the out of bounds area. He never jumps for the ball before that. That is not a picture of Ariza after the rebound. That is milliseconds before the rebound.

But whatever... even in the face of obvious evidence you are still lying. Wow.

I am lying ??? the ball is his hand . go check the eye doctor
derman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #385
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It wasn't a dirty play... more like a clumsy play.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #386
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Quote:

You aren't lying. You just slow or something. The annoncers circle Ariza's leg as they slow it down and stop the video before he catches the ball. Even if you think he has JUST caught the ball there Ariza's back leg has long since been picked up... its several inches off the floor in the gif. Look at the video and watch the announcers check the play and circle his legs and then not think anything wrong with the play.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #387
vegasdude

Quote:

What are the odds to win if you bet $100 for the Magic to win 3 straight & the championship? Of course I won't do it but I'm just curious.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #388
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
You really need to get some help for whatever it is you have.
Watch the video. Ariza never jumps for the ball, and is clearly standing in bounds, on his right foot, with his left foot off the ground, when he catches the rebound.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:03 PM   #389
Mor'Fiyah
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
You really need to get some help for whatever it is you have.
Watch the video. Ariza never jumps for the ball, and is clearly standing in bounds, on his right foot, with his left foot off the ground, when he catches the rebound.

I thought it was the surest $100 bucks I would ever make. I completely underestimated the denial of a hater.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #390
kareem
Banned

kareem has an OK reputation so far

Mor'Fiyah you desreve 100 $
but knocking derman and tontoz out showing thiet ignorance is priceless
kareem is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: