Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 06-14-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
Whiteness
Banned

Whiteness has no real reputation yet.
Default Shoe Recommendations

Instead of posting another "Wich shoes shud i get?" thread... I figured I'd make one that other people could use asking about specifics for shoes and get replies from others with helpful info.

I'll start it off... I'm looking for some shoes that have a good bit of ankle support and are fairly light... Preferably some Nike's... Anybody?
Whiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:43 AM   #2
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Shoe Recommendations

Nikes with good ankle support? Man, I'm not too sure. Some local pro players here are with Nike and they wear the Hyperdunks. They got injured in them. The Kobe's are low-cut aren't they? If I were you I'd get the new Huaraches. They're light but a bit thin, but it looks as if you'll get more ankle support if you go with it rather than the Hyperdunks/Kobes If you're not going to stick with Nike anymore, go with Adidas. The Commanders (not the Bounces) give great support all around and are deceptively light.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
b.roy#7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

b.roy#7 has an OK reputation so far

I use lebron 4... http://www.myairshoes.com/wp-content...bron-white.jpg
I had problem with ankles and knees but in these I never had an injury...they had very good ankle support... and what do you say about nike blue chip? I think to buy them next...
b.roy#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hyperdunks.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:05 AM   #5
Whiteness
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.roy#7
I use lebron 4... http://www.myairshoes.com/wp-content...bron-white.jpg
I had problem with ankles and knees but in these I never had an injury...they had very good ankle support... and what do you say about nike blue chip? I think to buy them next...

eh... the blue chips were my school's shoe this year and they were terrible... at least for me... I know everyone's preferences are different but to be honest... it felt like running on a pair of cardboard dollar store shoes with an 80 dollar price tag...

And as for the hyperdunks... No way... I might as well ball in a pair of sandals, cause I've rolled BOTH my ankles twice in them the ONE time I played in them.

I was thinking... Would anyone recommend powermaxes? or maybe the zoom phenom (brandon roy's kicks)?
Old 06-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #6
kbouza

kbouza has an OK reputation so far

Take a look at the Katapult training shoe. If you want to increase your hops, speed and dunk try training with the Katapult training shoe http://atinnovate.com/products/katapult-shoes
kbouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute has an OK reputation so far

I personally like the Jordan 2009 and the Jordan CP3.II.

They were some of the only light basketball shoes that felt good and kept my ankle from over pronating.

The CP3 is the best performing shoe that I've ever tried.
Dwight Schrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:23 PM   #8
kobedablackmamba

kobedablackmamba has an OK reputation so far

in my humble opinion,
just take the ZK series...
those are addicted even from the Huarache 2k4...

if you don't mind and wanna look a little review from me just look at the link below
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...=1#post3208256
kobedablackmamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
Whiteness
Banned

After doing a little research, I believe I'm going to choose the CP3 II's. For the following reasons.

1. Most reviews I've read say "best basketball shoe I've ever owned"

2. I've never had a pair of Jordan's.

3. There should be a price drop coming up with the release of the CP3 III's.

That and I like the colorways and even if it is a bad shoe to ball in for me at least I can feel comfortable knowing I bought some hot looking shoes to wear around the town.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:31 AM   #10
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteness
That and I like the colorways and even if it is a bad shoe to ball in for me at least I can feel comfortable knowing I bought some hot looking shoes to wear around the town.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:09 AM   #11
Whiteness
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat

Watch out for cool guy

Someone's obviously never worn something strictly for style. Gotta have a magnificent supplemental use, doesn't it?

You see, I like to look nice in front of other people. It's called socializing. My world doesn't stop at the courts, pal. Sorry you don't like my decision.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #12
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Watch out for cool guy

Someone's obviously never worn something strictly for style. Gotta have a magnificent supplemental use, doesn't it?

You see, I like to look nice in front of other people. It's called socializing. My world doesn't stop at the courts, pal. Sorry you don't like my decision.

Slow down, man. I never said I didn't like your decision. Nor did I say I'm a guy who lives under a rock. I'm sorry if I offended you but I was just saying that it sounds a bit off that you're more on the look of the shoe rather than the comfortability. And we're talking about basketball shoes here. I'd also like to add that I'm not as anti-social you make me to be and neither am I some overly friendly jerk who puts on a fake smile and some flashy clothes every morning just to look "dope". Sure, I can dress up, but damn, man, I don't do it everyday. Take a chill pill, dude, alright? How about we start over with this.
Quote:
After doing a little research, I believe I'm going to choose the CP3 II's. For the following reasons.

1. Most reviews I've read say "best basketball shoe I've ever owned"

2. I've never had a pair of Jordan's.

3. There should be a price drop coming up with the release of the CP3 III's.

Good luck with the kicks. Never actually read about them though, and no one really buys them around here (everyone still thinks the Hyperdunks are the shizz). Hey, if Chris Paul can run the floor comfortably in them for 48 minutes, why not?
Old 07-18-2009, 12:18 PM   #13
Whiteness
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
Good luck with the kicks. Never actually read about them though, and no one really buys them around here (everyone still thinks the Hyperdunks are the shizz). Hey, if Chris Paul can run the floor comfortably in them for 48 minutes, why not?

Thank you. And who knows? Maybe it'll persuade me to get better at passing.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:14 AM   #14
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

Quote:
Thank you. And who knows? Maybe it'll persuade me to get better at passing.

Yeah. I also get that sometimes. Something about wearing someone's shoes or a shoe endorsed by a player influences my play sometimes. Some weird mental thing, I guess.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #15
Suprageex
Are You Lucky, Punk?

Suprageex has decent reputationSuprageex has decent reputation

Last edited by Suprageex : 07-20-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Suprageex is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: