Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 10-13-2006, 02:23 AM   #16
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

our playoff hopes don't rely on foye..
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:48 AM   #17
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

our playoff hopes don't rely on foye..

Not 100%, but he has to show that he was worthy of being a lottery pick. We already know what we're gonna get outta KG, Davis, & James... It's up to Foye to step up as the teams 4th best player. James & Foye were the key additions over the offseason, they gotta help KG get to at least 45 wins to have a shot at the playoffs.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 03:57 AM   #18
Blackeagle
I hit open layups

Blackeagle has an OK reputation so far

eddie looked really bad in the game... which was very disappointing to me. offensively he was terrible. defensively he was ok... he can rebound well, but he didn't really stand out as a great rebounder.. he missed a couple he should have had. still, he's overall a pretty good rebounder, and that's the most important thing we need from him. his jumper is off, and even if it were on, I wouldn't want him to use it much. he's a great shotblocker and good rebounder, and there are guys making 10x his salary for doing those things, despite being unable to hit a 10 foot jumper. he doesn't need to expand his game, he needs to focus on the things we need him for. rebounding, shotblocking, and letting KG/blount rest.

I know I mentioned this in my first post, but I'm going to repeat it again, because despite eddie being disappointing... craig smith looked fantastic. if he can keep up that kind of play all season, we should see a lot of minutes from him, and KG may not be run into the ground because his backups are incompetent. if smith were 5-6 inches taller, he would have gone in the top 5 for sure, and would have a legitimate shot at rookie of the year. it's just preseason and I don't want to get too excited over 1 preseason game, but it wasn't just his stats that make me excited, it was the way he played on defense, the hustle he showed, the strength and shooting touch. he just made no mistakes and it was clear to me and the people sitting in my area that smith was the 2nd best big man on the wolves in that game. I expect him to see lots of minutes this year.
Blackeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: