Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2009, 07:59 AM   #211
indiefan23
Local High School Star

indiefan23 has decent reputationindiefan23 has decent reputation
Default Re: Kobe Bryant is now officially a top 10 player of all time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Isiah was on one hell of a team. Rodman is the GOAT Rebounder. Laimbeer was tough as nails Dumars was his partner in crime. Replace Kobe on that team in place of Isiah, same results. Not to mention Adrian Dantley

Menh to you listing the top scorers you saw from

[quote]Why are you saying comments that are already unproven?

Lakers 2-0 vs. Cavs

Lakers 2-0 vs. Celtics

Lakers 6-1 vs. Yao-Rockets (they matched up better without Yao IMO)[quote]

Ha, thats just dumb. You're using regular season BS and stating Yao, who was owning LA, hurt his team. Games without KG and one where he was prolly hurting. This is my whole point: basing everything on 1 or 2 wins is silly. The cavs were a totally different team then the ones who played LA in the season. Whats the point, your kool aid defies logic.

Quote:
Kobe has gotten nearly every other award or made every other All-NBA list, this was what he was missing and it cements his legacy.

As if injuries haven't always changed the course of this sport

Duncan doesn't win in 99 if Ewing is healthy.

I dun care, you take things based on comp. This title had weak comp. Just cuz duncan's was in 99 doesn't change that. It just means Duncan has a weak title too. Whats your point? Just because other people were stupid before is no justification for you being dumb now.
indiefan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:00 AM   #212
KobeRules24
Kobe is the assassin

KobeRules24 has an OK reputation so far

[quote=indiefan23]Menh to you listing the top scorers you saw from

[quote]Why are you saying comments that are already unproven?

Lakers 2-0 vs. Cavs

Lakers 2-0 vs. Celtics

Lakers 6-1 vs. Yao-Rockets (they matched up better without Yao IMO)
Quote:

Ha, thats just dumb. You're using regular season BS and stating Yao, who was owning LA, hurt his team. Games without KG and one where he was prolly hurting. This is my whole point: basing everything on 1 or 2 wins is silly. The cavs were a totally different team then the ones who played LA in the season. Whats the point, your kool aid defies logic.

I dun care, you take things based on comp. This title had weak comp. Just cuz duncan's was in 99 doesn't change that. It just means Duncan has a weak title too. Whats your point? Just because other people were stupid before is no justification for you being dumb now.

hey how does it taste?

KobeRules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:01 AM   #213
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

I'm inclined to agree with this. It's arguable, but, yeah, I'd have to say he's just inside the top ten. Don't know if I ever see him cracking the top five, though.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:29 AM   #214
Jacks3
Very good NBA starter

Jacks3 is considered somewhat coolJacks3 is considered somewhat cool

Yup. The haters can't say **** now. Clowns
Kobe Bryant was impressive throughout the NBA Finals, averaging 32.4 points against the Magic. His 162 total points were fourth-most all-time for an individual player in a five-game finals series.
Jacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:13 AM   #215
23ajay
LA champions again

23ajay has an OK reputation so far

kobe is definitly in the top ten players of all time
23ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:13 AM   #216
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

I think there never will be an official top 10 players list.
Atleast no list agreed by everyone
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #217
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinJDW
Kobe is not Top 10. Winning only 1 Ring as the Leader does not make you Top 10.

And Kareem is #2. #5 is way too low. The guy has 6 Rings, 6 MVP's and is a 19x All-Star. #5 is way too low. He is a Top 3 Lock.

he was co-leader of 3 other titles. not bad, not bad at all. now go fck ur hating assss self.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #218
seanlakers
I hit open layups

seanlakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullit
I think there never will be an official top 10 players list.
Atleast no list agreed by everyone

Yep.
seanlakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #219
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23ajay
kobe is definitly in the top ten players of all time

According to your extensive viewing of basketball during the year 2009 : , go do a few history lessons, he isnt even top 2 as a Laker which says alot...Kareem and Chamberlain would be in front of Kobe, some would argue Magic too...
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:26 AM   #220
big baller
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

big baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbig baller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow that list looks terrible to me imo, Kareem should be #2, Hakeem top 6, and so on...but thats not what this thread is about, Congrats to the Lakers and Kobe, here is to another one next year!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will smoke a cigar in the memory of Red.
big baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #221
Shaquille O'Neal
Serious playground baller

Shaquille O'Neal has not been impressing people

Where you guys rank Karl Malone and the all time steals and assist leader, Mr. John Stockon in this list?
Shaquille O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #222
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation hereIGOTGAME has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
Where you guys rank Karl Malone and the all time steals and assist leader, Mr. John Stockon in this list?

Stockton is around 20-25 for me..
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #223
23ajay
LA champions again

23ajay has an OK reputation so far

for me stockton is around mid 20s
23ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #224
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Still,one more Kobe or Duncan led ring would leave no doubt for them respectively. In my book.

This is just stupid.

Why would one more ring let by Duncan leave no doubt for you? Four isn't enough? Do you know how many players have led FOUR or more championship teams as the undisputed best player on their team?

Russell, Jordan....the list ends there.

Why does Duncan have to win another one as the best player? He's proven enough as far as winning goes. Best winning percentage out of all pro sport teams since he's entered the league, has the most rings as the best player since joining the league, etc.

As for Kobe, I can see this reasoning... the man has one championship as the leader, but he also has a three-peat under his belt where he was the clearly the two guy, and in some cases the 1.b to Shaq' 1.a....so he doesn't really have much to prove either, though one more can certainly solidify himself, and if he goes on a mini-dynaasty with these Lakers, he'll be in Magic & Bird territory as far as legacy goes.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #225
Peter Griffin
Banned

Peter Griffin has an OK reputation so far

At Folks who are saying Kobe is not top 25, or is between 25-30, when they truley know he is top 12!

I Haven't seen this much jealously bitterness of false made up beleifs since Sarah Jessics Parker said Halle Berry wasnt sexy!
Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: