Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #1
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default I want the BIRDMAN!!!!

don't get me wrong, I think we have a solid team, but we can
improve!!!

I think getting Birdman as a CT backup would help us a ton!!!
Here's why:

1. Taking Birdman from the Nuggets will hurt them in a major way,
reduces their chances next year. (Billups makes them a top level team!!)

2. Birdman is a great defensive player, making our D better overall.

3. Birdman runs the floor, he would fit beautifully with our high
energy second unit. Get some fast break easy buckets!!!

4. If we had a decent backup center, then Pau plays more at PF
and has that great mismatch against many many teams....so our
offense becomes even better.

5. Having Birdman and Bynum at CT might give us some extra
flexibility to play Lamar at the SF more...I really like that huge
front line in some situations!!!!

6. Fans love this guy.....I often think the LA crowd is too laid
back and Birdman might help get them more hyped up?

Do you think this is a good move? Can Mitch find a way to make
this happen?

Go Lakers!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I want the BIRDMAN!!!!

Birdman is a very good player, and a very good team player for that matter.

The problem is we would have a log jam at the C position if we bring him in. We have tried Odom at SF several times in the past and it never came close to working.

I would definitely bring birdman in though to replace Odom if Odom left us.

How much does he make anyways?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just dont see how the Lakers could entice Birdman to come and I dont see why Birdman would come to LA.

He made 1 mil last year for 2 reasons. #1 he had to prove he could stay clean and be productive for a full season after serving a two year suspension and #2 he absolutely LOVES Denver...and Denver LOVES him back the same.

LA is capped out and wont offer him more than the bi-annual exception.

Comming to LA is not a good career move, he isnt guaranteed much if any playing time. The 3 man big man rotation of Pau/LO/Drew doesnt leave much room for anyone else.

I just cant see him walking away from the city he loves and the Birdman frenzy that is in Denver. I also think Denver will give him a much bigger contract than the Lakers would.

The best career move for Birdman is to stay in Denver.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anderson = Too much money + loyalty to the Nuggz

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #5
nbastatus
Doodle

nbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternbastatus is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i would give up ariza for birdman.
nbastatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:24 AM   #6
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Birdman has character, he would fit right in to Hollywood land. Though it probably reminds Phil of Rodman.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:45 AM   #7
lakers4ever
Decent playground baller

lakers4ever has an OK reputation so far

Say what? Trade Ariza for Birdman? I hope you are kidding. Ariza is twice the player that tatooed twit is. Sorry, I don't suffer fools gladly and that man is a fool.
lakers4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:16 AM   #8
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
I just dont see how the Lakers could entice Birdman to come and I dont see why Birdman would come to LA.

He made 1 mil last year for 2 reasons. #1 he had to prove he could stay clean and be productive for a full season after serving a two year suspension and #2 he absolutely LOVES Denver...and Denver LOVES him back the same.

LA is capped out and wont offer him more than the bi-annual exception.

Comming to LA is not a good career move, he isnt guaranteed much if any playing time. The 3 man big man rotation of Pau/LO/Drew doesnt leave much room for anyone else.

I just cant see him walking away from the city he loves and the Birdman frenzy that is in Denver. I also think Denver will give him a much bigger contract than the Lakers would.

The best career move for Birdman is to stay in Denver.
Bravo post!

I'll also say that Birdman's best freind is his attorney, who also lives in Denver. When Anderson was cleaning up his act Anderson lived with his attorney's family, they are real close. He was on the Radio and he said that Anderson's first choice is to stay in Denver but he would love a big "Payday" and they are expecting one, if not from the Nuggets but one of the "east coast" teams has been making noise. From what I have seen of Anderson, he's more than an MLE player.

Last edited by daily : 06-16-2009 at 02:19 AM.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

I do know about Birdman's love of DEN.... but I still think he
would be a great addition to our team for the reasons stated above...

As for our rotation of 3 bigs.... there are injuries possibilities where his
services could really help.... PJax could try some new rotations that
might make us better.... nothing wrong with resting Pau and Lamar a
bit more during the reg season..... plus stealing him from DEN could
help us in next year's playoffs.....
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

With the cap space LA has they should be going after a guy like Antonio McDyess. He'd be a very good fit in the system and would be great as a backup to Gasol or Bynum. The best thing is he might just sign somewhere for the vets minimum at a chance to win a championship. The thing with him that you have to like is you know what you are going to get every night. He's a guy that is still good enough to start on most teams too.

By the way this is if the Lakers can't afford Odom. We can't just assume he will be back.

Last edited by dd24 : 06-16-2009 at 07:20 PM.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #11
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

The Birdman is a beast. I would love to have him. However, I don't think we could lure him away from Denver. That is where he rebuilt his life and turned things around. But I could not agree with you more!
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #12
laker4life310
I hit open 5-footers

laker4life310 has decent reputation

Birdman does bring a lot of intensity and energy off the bench but like as others have mentioned, i dont think he would leave denver unless we give a hefty sum to acquire him which i doubt anyone here wants.

if odom decides to stay, then there would be no need for birdman.

if odom does leave, we need someone who is more skilled offensively than birdman, with the same defensive capability.

however, odom better stay with the lakers!
laker4life310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #13
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

He's gonna get big offers this offseason.
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:32 AM   #14
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was saying he was a steal before last season when he was going to sign somewhere for the minimum. Now that he made more of a name for himself he'll get a bigger contract and won't be such a deal.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:36 AM   #15
djwhizard
drum & bass!

djwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected poster

Do not want. We have Odom coming off the bench, which is birdman x 10. If we can't bring Odom back - I still don't think I would make a move for Birdman either. His value will be overinflated for his skillset, and there will be too much temptation in LA for him (LOL!).

But, I do love watching his style of play, and his energy. Guy does have a lot of heart, that cheesy wing flapping move definitely has to go though, haha.
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: