Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #16
KobeBryantFTW
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KobeBryantFTW has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lakers Offseason Thread: Transactions thread

I don't consider Andrew Bynum untradeable if it means the Lakers can bring back Lamar and Trevor. I'm probably in the minority here?
KobeBryantFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:34 PM   #17
The Magic Man
Gots Ta Be Li Showtam!

The Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected posterThe Magic Man is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBryantFTW
I don't consider Andrew Bynum untradeable if it means the Lakers can bring back Lamar and Trevor. I'm probably in the minority here?

Dude, if we didn't give him up for Kidd or Garnett, I find it hard to believe he goes anywhere anytime soon. Unless we're getting a sucker deal, like Wade, Mello, or someone else we have no business getting (ala Pau), he's not getting traded. Plus, the guy was hurt. Point blank. He's gonna rest this summer and go back to beasting. Look, we won the ship without him playing 100%. By the time he's 25 (amazingly not for like 4 years) he will be dominating. He's still a kid. Still has a kid's body. He'll fill out in the next year or so and be Shaq II. Have faith my friend.
The Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:51 AM   #18
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
That is really a horrible plan, thank goodness you're not running the team. There are so many things wrong with that idea I'll only addess one part. The part about Shaq joining the team with his gigantor crap salary and the fact you just traded away a handfull of players that need to be replaced. Their trade value could be put to much better use.

Shaq has become a joke on and off the floor, that is the last thing the Lakers need and the last thing Kobe wants here, we have Bynum and Gasol, keep Mbenga or find a journeyman center and that's plenty of depth at that spot.

Shaq won't help the Cavs, It will just clog up the lanes for Lebron, clog up cap space and weaken their defense.
The Cavs won so many games because they defend the pick and roll well. Shaq cannot and will not defend the pick and roll, and he has become mortal on offense, his foot work is gone and he relys on his bulk not his skills. The only reason Shaq was moderatly productive last season was because they played him limited minutes and he has Nash spoon feeding him the ball.

I"d love nothing more than to see Shaq on the Cavs. It will signal the Cavs are throwing in the towell on trying to keep James happy and going for a one shot title run ala Miami Heat. (37 year old centers are not the way to show your superstar you're trying to build for the future, they Bring in Shaq, Lebron is out of there in 2010)

I have never thought of it like that before.

I've heard that LBJ was on board with this Shaq thing, but I never thought of it like "shaq you got for like a year, maybe two."

what about years after that?

Good viewpoint my man.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:49 AM   #19
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lakers exit interviews
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:00 AM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Man
Dude, if we didn't give him up for Kidd or Garnett, I find it hard to believe he goes anywhere anytime soon. Unless we're getting a sucker deal, like Wade, Mello, or someone else we have no business getting (ala Pau), he's not getting traded. Plus, the guy was hurt. Point blank. He's gonna rest this summer and go back to beasting. Look, we won the ship without him playing 100%. By the time he's 25 (amazingly not for like 4 years) he will be dominating. He's still a kid. Still has a kid's body. He'll fill out in the next year or so and be Shaq II. Have faith my friend.

Correction: We offered him up for Garnett. Minnesota just didn't bite lol.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #21
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Correction: We offered him up for Garnett. Minnesota just didn't bite lol.

You're dead right. Andrew and Odom were both packaged for Garnett.

I think Bynum is somewhat expendable. It would have to be a big trade with his salary, but seriously with Gasol I'd rather see a Scola type player in the paint, somebody with lots of energy that plays within himself, then two 7 footers both competing for the same attention. Gasol has proven he is miles and miles better than Bynum at this time, Pau is still young, he's healthy and has proven beyond doubt he is quite capable of anchoring the paint.

Package Bynum for a solid role playing big man and a nice shooting/point gaurd while "potential' on Bynum is still high. One more long term injury and the Lakers will be stuck with the kid and have no chance to get any value for him.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #22
laker4life310
I hit open 5-footers

laker4life310 has decent reputation

Quote:

I think Bynum is somewhat expendable. It would have to be a big trade with his salary, but seriously with Gasol I'd rather see a Scola type player in the paint, somebody with lots of energy that plays within himself, then two 7 footers both competing for the same attention. Gasol has proven he is miles and miles better than Bynum at this time, Pau is still young, he's healthy and has proven beyond doubt he is quite capable of anchoring the paint.

Package Bynum for a solid role playing big man and a nice shooting/point gaurd while "potential' on Bynum is still high. One more long term injury and the Lakers will be stuck with the kid and have no chance to get any value for him.

gasol is a such an intelligent player, after experiencing the lost to the celts and everyone talking about how soft he is...the guy seriously did so much in the paint and on defense during these playoffs. he proved everyone wrong and he really amazed me with his interior presence on the bigs. everyone had crucial roles and a part of the title but i thought he was the difference maker for us winning.
laker4life310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #23
8Evolution24

8Evolution24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

It appears Al Jefferson is expendable as well...he would be a beast next to Gasol...
8Evolution24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I wouldn't mind trading him at this point. However it is hard to find someone to replace him. Bynum is a shotblocker and it wont make sense to trade him for a smaller guy. Our defense in the paint is already good, but its even better with Bynum in there believe it or not.

The problem is, we need to find someone that has three qualities. Its hard to find all three in one player:

1) a shot blocker
2) non injury prone
3) a decent low post scorer

Now you come to think of the qualities others possess:

Scola- non injury prone, very good scorer....but hes not a shot blocker

Oberto- non injury prone, but just plays physical D...not much else.

Oden- Shot blocker, Scorer, but injury prone

Yao and Dwight are untouchable....

the only viable option I see is a Bynum for Samuel Dalembert trade. The salaries match I believe. Would 6ers do it?

Edit:

Actually I have been thinking more and here are centers I would trade for.

Erick Dampier
Perkins
Al Horford

Now that was only for trades. Here are centers I am interested in getting to play some defense:

McDyess
Kwame Brown
Theo Ratliff
Desagana Diop

Last edited by lakerfreak : 06-18-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:11 PM   #25
8Evolution24

8Evolution24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I wouldn't mind trading him at this point. However it is hard to find someone to replace him. Bynum is a shotblocker and it wont make sense to trade him for a smaller guy. Our defense in the paint is already good, but its even better with Bynum in there believe it or not.

The problem is, we need to find someone that has three qualities. Its hard to find all three in one player:

1) a shot blocker
2) non injury prone

the only viable option I see is a Bynum for Samuel Dalembert trade. The salaries match I believe. Would 6ers do it?

Edit:

Erick Dampier
Perkins
Al Horford

Now that was only for trades. Here are centers I am interested in getting to play some defense:

McDyess
Kwame Brown
Theo Ratliff
Desagana Diop

I wonder what it would cost to get Al Jefferson?

He's an awesome scorer and young...although he is coming off an ACL injury...

I would also love Kendrick Perkins or Glenn Davis...both have pretty good upside and both play defense.
8Evolution24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #26
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Evolution24
I wonder what it would cost to get Al Jefferson?

He's an awesome scorer and young...although he is coming off an ACL injury...

I would also love Kendrick Perkins or Glenn Davis...both have pretty good upside and both play defense.

Jefferson would cost an all-star type player which we wouldn't be willing to move.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:21 PM   #27
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

1) a shot blocker
2) non injury prone

Edit:

Erick Dampier
Perkins
Al Horford

McDyess
Kwame Brown
Theo Ratliff
Desagana Diop

Bynum for Sammy D?

Bynum is better now than Sammy has ever been or will be. Sammy is WAY OVERPAID. He is a small big. Bynum did a better job on Dwight.

Wow to anyone who wants to trade Bynum at all unless it's some MAJOR aquisition on our part.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #28
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Bynum for Sammy D?

Bynum is better now than Sammy has ever been or will be. Sammy is WAY OVERPAID. He is a small big. Bynum did a better job on Dwight.

Wow to anyone who wants to trade Bynum at all unless it's some MAJOR aquisition on our part.

When Bynum is putting up good numbers while having 20 and 10 performances people will be looking foolish. Bynum averaged 14 and 8 in an injury filled season...if he stays healthly should be looking at 16 and 10 next year.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #29
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Bynum for Sammy D?

lets be fair and honest here,

The defense was different for both teams. The lakers were throwing doubles and triples at Dwight and fouling him a LOT!

Drew averaged 19 minutes a game in that series so I have to say most of the work goes to Pau and Odom. The guards also came in and doubled on dwight.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:49 PM   #30
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Quote:
lets be fair and honest here,

The defense was different for both teams. The lakers were throwing doubles and triples at Dwight and fouling him a LOT!

Drew averaged 19 minutes a game in that series so I have to say most of the work goes to Pau and Odom. The guards also came in and doubled on dwight.
Sammy went one-on-one too and did worse. If we didn't have Bynum this series, we would have lost. There would be too much foul trouble for Odom/Gasol, and we'd have to bring Mbenga off the bench.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: