Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
Taras Bulba
I airball my layups

Taras Bulba has an OK reputation so far
Default Turkoglu back to Europe?

http://www.talkbasket.net/news/turko...to-europe.html

Quote:
As the ESPN network reported today, the game 5 of the NBA Finals could be Turkoglu's last game for Orlando Magic as they can not afford to keep him anymore. Could this mean that some European powerhouses might chase Turkoglu in the summer market? The current financial crisis is making it less realistic but it seems but we have got a long and hot summer in front of us.

The Turkish star has a player option worth $7.5 million for another season but it is almost certain that he will not use that option and become an unrestricted free agent before July 1 when NBA teams can offer contracts.

Being already 30 Turkoglu will go after a multi-year contract that could be his last lucrative deal before he is past his prime. Although the chances are that he will remain in the NBA with a long term contract worth a bit more than $10 million/per season a move to Europe should not be ruled out as a tax-free European contract worth around 6 million euros is the equivalent of the aforementioned NBA contract.

It may sound as a lot but of money for one player in Europe, but after all Josh Childress is being paid around 4.5 million euros per season tax-free, so a proven European NBA star could ask and get more.

The final questions is, is any European club willing to make such an extravagant big for Turkoglu amidst the global financial crisis? Only time will tell.
Taras Bulba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation
Default Re: Turkoglu back to Europe?

It's going to be interesting to see Turkoglu's decision, but I imagine he'll stay in the NBA.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman
It's going to be interesting to see Turkoglu's decision, but I imagine he'll stay in the NBA.
watch out for real madrid. new coach ettore messina has money in the coffers to spend with the arrival of new president to the club.Turkoglu for me has been magic's best player.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

b.jerk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
watch out for real madrid. new coach ettore messina has money in the coffers to spend with the arrival of new president to the club.Turkoglu for me has been magic's best player.

I using the association of Turkoglu being the magic's best player to ***** about Dwight Howard lack of offensive game. Is it to much to ask for centers today to have a hook shot or some offensive presence. It appears basketball had devolved from the era of David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Patrick Ewing despite all the new development.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.jerk
I using the association of Turkoglu being the magic's best player to ***** about Dwight Howard lack of offensive game. Is it to much to ask for centers today to have a hook shot or some offensive presence. It appears basketball had devolved from the era of David Robinson, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Patrick Ewing despite all the new development.
Is it too much to ask for patience from fans like yourself to let Dwight Howard develop his offensive game? He's only 23 years old.

But also, I love how people forget to mention Dwight's great defense and rebounding ability. Everything needs to be about flashy offense all the time it seems...

Last edited by Huey Freeman : 06-16-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:18 AM   #6
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

I suppose Turkoglu will stay in the US. He has higher value today in that league than in Europe, IMO.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #7
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Is it too much to ask for patience from fans like yourself to let Dwight Howard develop his offensive game? He's only 23 years old.

But also, I love how people forget to mention Dwight's great defense and rebounding ability. Everything needs to be about flashy offense all the time it seems...

his defensive prowess is well noted and i think everyone knows that,but you can't make him a leader if he is **** at offense and cant take free throws!!the problem in the nba is they praise the wrong stuff!! kobe mvp with something like 30 out of 78 shots in his last 3 combined!!! they say gasol is soft but has more offensive skills than howard and already had them when he was 21! Gasol made the difference,kobe did the same things he has done the last 4 yrs when they won ****!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #8
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
his defensive prowess is well noted and i think everyone knows that,but you can't make him a leader if he is **** at offense and cant take free throws!!the problem in the nba is they praise the wrong stuff!! kobe mvp with something like 30 out of 78 shots in his last 3 combined!!! they say gasol is soft but has more offensive skills than howard and already had them when he was 21! Gasol made the difference,kobe did the same things he has done the last 4 yrs when they won ****!
I bet the series would've gone to 6, possibly 7 games if we had a healthy Jameer Nelson. We might've even won the Finals.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #9
cormacraig
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cormacraig has an OK reputation so far

Sorry guys, but Turkoglu denies the rumors:

Quote:
Turkoglu denied the rumors about an offer from Olympiakos saying that he or his agent have not spoken to anyone from Greece.
cormacraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #10
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
I bet the series would've gone to 6, possibly 7 games if we had a healthy Jameer Nelson. We might've even won the Finals.
magic should have won both games that went into overtime! especially the one that they were up by 3 and howard had 2 free throws,all he needed to put the game out of lakers' reach was 1 free throw!! come on even I would demand myself to atleast split them,at worst!
Old 06-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #11
KubiliusF
Banned

KubiliusF is considered somewhat coolKubiliusF is considered somewhat cool

dwight does not deserve the hate.
KubiliusF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #12
dayman11
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dayman11 has an OK reputation so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NX-KztGOoc watch this video of Anthony Ottley Jr from Canada. He is a two time all Canadian.(2006-2007) (2008-2009). I'm doing this to help get his name out more watch out for this kid. Here is a few highlights.
dayman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #13
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayman11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NX-KztGOoc watch this video of Anthony Ottley Jr from Canada. He is a two time all Canadian.(2006-2007) (2008-2009). I'm doing this to help get his name out more watch out for this kid. Here is a few highlights.
Wrong thread.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #14
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Wrong thread.
lol. not very successful then,but maybe I am wrong he did get the name published.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: